“Exceeded expectations, everything perfectly cooked” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angler's Pantry - CLOSED

Angler's Pantry
Price range: US$17 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fresh seafood is the focus here. We source the freshest produce daily and treat it with respect. We don't fuss around with it too much; we let the ingredients take centre stage. Situated at the heart of Cronulla's bustling main mall, we're a leisurely two-minute stroll from Cronulla's fabulous beach. The vibe is casual and unpretentious; the sort of place you can drop in after a day at the beach for a great piece of fish or some fresh-shucked oysters and a glass of wine. Add an open kitchen, creative menus, picture-perfect dishes and quality food. Our wine list is short, discerning and attractively priced. Our reds and whites are generally not available in shops, and all offered by the glass or bottle.
Sydney, Australia
“Exceeded expectations, everything perfectly cooked”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had been before at least year or more ago and it was so so. Tonight was a whole new ballgame. Firstly, I like that they have recognised the change in season and are featuring heartier dishes suitable to winter dining. Having a small but lovely specials menu will keep regulars happy. Food was terrific! I had the smoked salmon blinis - a favourite dish of mine, the way they presented it was fab and the taste even better. I'd give it a 91/2 out of 10. Then I had the catalan seafood stew. It was also superb, fresh prawns and fish pieces with chorizo in a rich tomato sauce. It was so delicious, hearty and filling, I could't finish it. It came with toasted ciabatta to mop up delicious sauce but there was so much seafood I couldn't finish it. Everyone else at the table enjoyed theirs too. The seafood sizzle platter, pork belly, duck and steak and prawn and scallop ragout were a hit with others. The desert of hazelnut meringue was more an ice-cream cake but delicious. Only downer was french waitress put the meal down in front of the wrong person then argued that was what they had ordered. She apologised but if she doesn't understand, she shouldn't argue with the customer. A minor blip and won't stop me going back in a flash!! Do yourself a favour and try the winter menu - it really is good, if it comes out the way we had it.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Monika S

“Service lets it down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Food was good. Had mussels and squid ink linguine for an entree Nice plump mussels and plenty of linguine. Next was the blue eye and the fish stew. All very tasty and the meals came out at about the right pace.
This is not exactly a cheap restaurant for a quick meal so one would expect top notch service. We had to ask for water and it took awhile to come.
The bowls they give you for the mussel shells are too small so you cant fit all the shells in. No worries, when the waitress took mine away I thought she would bring another one but no, that was it so I still had half the shells in my plate.
Water is not automatically provided. We had to ask for it and it took awhile to come.
I had finished my meal and my partner had nearly finished hers and we still had half a bowl of chips left.
The waitress took my plate and then snaffled the chips as well!. Eat up fast here or your meal will be el gonzo quick smart.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Roberre164
Sydney
“Love that fish pie!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Dropped in here for our anniversary mid-week without a booking. Surprised at how busy it was. Had the fish pie which was Fantastic! A bit expensive by the time you add an entrée and a bottle of wine but food was nice. Service was ok - we had a new girl who wasn't very good (but hey, she was new).

• Visited April 2014
“Gone Fishin'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

This eating place is indeed a must for any seafood loving diner. The food is outstanding, the atmosphere 'relaxed' and the service timely. Chris Carrol keeps convinincing us that if we want good dining, seafood at its best then look no further than the Three Fish. With the help of chef Todd in the kitchen Chris has a winning formula for anyone wanting a great seafood meal - i just love the Fish Pie and chips comes with all dishes so no need to ask.

I keep telling my wife let's go fishing.

• Visited January 2014
Sydney
“Very small place and food expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I had dinner with my girlfriend the food was nice but it's a bit squashy inside our table is near the kitchen so it's hot and noisy the food was nice but very expensive and service is very average.

• Visited December 2013