“Quite good value”
Review of Giro Osteria

Giro Osteria
Ranked #3 of 145 Restaurants in Cronulla
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NSW Australia
“Quite good value”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Varied menu, from rich to delicately flavoured dishes. My mother has come back twice just for the smoked quail, which they apparently smoke using pine needles from the park opposite- hows that for using local produce? They also make their own pasta. Nice quirky little touches like using tins of tomato (Italian, of course) as serving platforms. Try the shared antipasto, lots of interesting meats and pickles. I hadn't tried pickled turnip before..
Parking is a problem on the weekends.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JohnC_From_Oz

Sydney, Australia
“Very very good Italian”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Had dinner here last night, well I have to say it was just great, the wait staff were very friendly and happy, we were seated promptly, we had the antipasto platter, yum, I had the zucchini flowers my friends had prawn pasta and pollpeti, all very tasty, they make a lot of their own pasta and meats, will defintely be going back, was really good Italian, and the staff are also Italian

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Dianne L
Kiama, Australia
“Would be happy to return :D”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We went to visit this restaurant as a "last minute decision" that we didn't live to regret. Beautiful food, in really pleasant surroundings, with friendly wait staff. Compliments to the chefs. Would recommend to my friends. This restaurant was still welcoming diners while the staff in restaurants in the surrounding area were packing up to go home.

1 Thank Carolyn S
Sydney, Australia
“Differing perceptions”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

What a very different experience we had to Jill A on the the same night, 3 tables apart. We had an excellent night, from the wonderfully warm welcome from the lovely italian guy from Bologna who mans the bar, explaining the menu, taking a lot of care with my food intolerance issue. There was a bit of a long gap between ordering and getting our first course, but the prosecco came promptly, the place was full, and we just got into Italian mode and relaxed, chatted and people-watched. we did notice the table that was hurriedly cleared and set (the previous occupants possibly overstayed their time) but having a good view of Jill A's table, I don't think they waited 15 minutes for menus. Now to the food-how anyone could be disappointed by what was on it we cannot understand, unless they were after a pasta and pizza joint! the menu is short, the food is great. we had 3 entrees, the polpette for hubby, perfect meatballs, luscious sauce with crusty bread; I had the smoked quail, with luscious red cabbage and grape accompaniment, only complaint would be that it was a bit too salty - not a big issue for me, but many other 50somethings are careful about salt; and we shared the fantastic zucchini flowers, stuffed with crystal bay prawns, and incredibly good. We both had pasta for mains, saving the fish speciality for another day; hubby prawns, peas and a tube like pasta and I had the duck ragu (unlike italy where there would be 90% pasta and 10% duck this was a good 50/50 mix!) The Barbera we chose, excellent wine and great value at $64, was a perfect match to the food. We managed to squeeze in dessert, rum baba with vanilla mascarpone for hubby, and I had the cheese board, which included the best creamiest yummiest gorgonzola dolce i've ever had, and I eat it a lot. The cheese bested me, but I was quickly offered a t/a container with the last of my cheeses, all of which had a good dollop of marmalade, plum chutney, and gorgeous gooey honey to go with the cheese. We had a wonderful night, my birthday celebration was great, and we will return as soon as we can. I'd urge Jill A to read a bit more about Giro Osteria, maybe she didn't know what type of restaurant it was, but to our minds it well and truly live up to the hype!

1 Thank Corinne J
Miranda, Australia
“Very very disappointing”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Together with some friends we were really looking forward to eating at this restaurant as we had been to their sister restaurant Alphabet Street several times and loved it. So when we arrived, table booked it was not ready for us, then when it was were just told to go and sit over there not shown to the table, no menus, no offer of drinks or water. After waiting 15 mins we eventually got menus and were so disappointed what was on it that we got up and left. We will definitely not be returning. This restaurant certainly did not live up to all the hype.

7 Thank Jill A