“A great experience as well as wonderful food”
Review of Jambo jambo - CLOSED

Jambo jambo
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a small unpretentious African restaurant situated in a fairly old small shopping centre but is well worth the visit. We have been there twice and thoroughly enjoyed both occasions, so much so that on each visit we requested extra food to take home for the following day. The owner tries hard to ensure that his customers enjoy their time which we noted that most of the other diners were also doing. Be prepared to not only have exquisitely flavoured food but also have it served in a manner which is very different to normal western style

1  Thank Alan P

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Just wasn't a huge fan of the food or service. Bread was told did not contain lemon & who am I to argue but so so tasted like lemon & wasn't a fan. Meats & veggies were ok but sloppy, flavours ok. All in all didn't dislike terribly but wouldn't return in a hurry.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My girlfriend and I discovered the place via Groupon and decided to go for the Ethiopian cuisine in order to try something different. The best decision we could have made. I'm coming to the end of a three week stay in Sydney and have to say that this meal was number one by far. It was absolutely brilliant! There was a three-part starter and four-part main (which we got the choice of) including the authentic Ethiopian bread which made up the base of the dish. The fact that there was so many different flavours within one meal is exactly what we like and there was so much of it. Man there was a lot of food! I felt a little ashamed that we didn't finish but despite being starving when we entered there was no way it was all being demolished. The owner, who also served, was very friendly and was quick to tell us exactly what we were entitled to in the deal and explained in detail about the food we were about to eat. All in all completely delighted with our choice and our only regret was that we didn't go there sooner so that we could sample the tastes before I have to leave.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Really loved the food here we had a combination platter which they offered to refill if need be however that wasn't necessary. Not to hot but loads of flavour. Owner a lovely man all in all a great experience.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I always want to try African food and decided to try this restaurant. It is inside the crows nest plaza and at the time the owner hurt his arm and pretty much handling dishes single handedly.

He explain the food and gave us some extra meat just to try. The entrees we had African samosa which I find is tasty than Indian version. The other one which is raw beef wrapped with leaf I don't really enjoy.

The mains I took a photo and it looks like a giant Indian naan however it is very soft. The whole plate got a strong taste of lemon which I am not sure if it is good or bad.

After that we had some green coffee and the owner showed us the coffee bean they got are special. It taste kinda plain to be honest.

As for the decor the place is filled with African photos and objects.

Overall it is a different experience.