“Tasty casual Korean”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Sydney, Australia
“Tasty casual Korean”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very cute set up. Meals very tasty and lots of variety. This is a great casual lunch venue and vey reasonably priced. Husband and wife offer a lovely service. I had the spicy BBQ chicken with mixed vegetables and rice and thought it was delicious. They advised me that it was very spicy and they were right. I love spicy food. Not all dishes are spicy.

• Visited July 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Hidden gem!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Never would have tried this ifs if wasn't for the other reviews.. Sorry if I just copy them. It's simple decor, but amazing service and food! Free BOY, best Korean restaurant around. Just moved here, will be back, again and again and again! Full of favour!

Visited July 2014
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“My favorite Korean so far”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I've lived in Sydney for 2.5 years, and hadn't found a good Korean restaurant until we discovered Charim. We've been about 3 times and traveled all the way from St. Ives. Now that we live in Crows Nest, my husband and I will go more often. I actually like their food better than my mom's and my mom is an awesome cook (sorry Omma). By no means is it an extensive menu, but they have traditional comfort dishes. Each one is done extremely well. It's not fancy but that's what I like. It's very clean and has a cute homey feel. And there are no BBQs at your table so you don't stink after eating. I don't like BBQing my own meat anyway. Btw - I'm Korean American and grew up eating Korean at home and in restaurants my whole life in both NJ and S Korea. The food here is awesome. And I really love the couple who own and run the place together. You can tell they put their hearts and soul into each dish. I'm salivating thinking about what well try next.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank TH35USNH
Australia
“Excellent service from owners and real yummy Korean food - highly recommended!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We ate at the restaurant last week and it was lovely to have a smiley couple who tried to cater to your order as you would like it. They were very friendly but left you well alone to enjoy your meal. I particularly liked the garlic soya chicken wings but the deep fried chicken pieces was also fab. We had bulgogi beef and it came with some vegetables. 2 little plates of pickles were provided and their rice was purply - I loved it. We have been back for takeaway and will continue to support this charming little place.
I highly recommend this restaurant for home cook meal!

• Visited July 2014
“What a gem!!!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Unbelievable value for money. Free BYO. Non-invasive but attentive service... This place is amazing!

We had a groupon voucher for wings, chicken bites and bibimbap - too much food to eat so we were given a takeaway - all good an condiments were fresh and delicious. We are most certainly coming back!