“Nice pizza and desserts, mains not great” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 187 Restaurants in Crows Nest
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“Nice pizza and desserts, mains not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Ate at Bravo Trattoria last night for my daughter's birthday, table of 4. Two had pizzas which were very nice and the desserts were very nice, but the mains were less than average. Barramundi small, thin and tasteless and charged at fine dining prices - $33.00. An iced chocolate for $8.50 was extraordinary. The service was mixed - our own waitress good but to the point of being over attentive, but twice the food was served direct from the kitchen and was literally just placed on the edge of the table, not served to whoever had ordered it, which we then sorted ourselves. It really felt grossly over-priced for what it was - $150 for 2 mains, 1 pizza, 1 kids pizza, 2 drinks, small fries and 2 desserts.
I would not recommend going here other than for pizza, desserts and gelato.

• Visited June 2014

“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

The first time we went to Bravo the noise was so deafening we left as soon as we had finished our mains, bought a gelato and ate it out in the plaza. We were persuaded to go a second time by friends who LOVE going because the owner because makes a huge fuss of them. While the noise was tolerable this time, we endured the single worst Italian meal we have had in our lives, ever. The bread is sub-standard (first test of a restaurant is the bread, yes?) and the mains were so dire that we left more than half. The vanilla gelato was Ok but the white nectarine was tasteless. How this restaurant survives when there are so many good restaurants and gelaterias in the area beats me A bill of $150 for four and I would enjoyed a Big Mac more.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Marcelle G
“Good coffee place.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Met up with friends for coffee. Great service. Good selection of cakes and food but limited quantities so they may not have everything that is listed on the menu.

Visited January 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Appalled.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

As a crows nest local I thought finding a good Italian restaurant given the amount of eateries here would be no problem. Tried this one out and was disgusted. Over priced, meal looked like it was out of a tin and the lady that took my order was an absolute mole. I saw a sign on the door a year ago and thought it was notifying locals they were closing down but no, only moving location. Once settled I thought (stupidly) I would give them another shot and again they confirmed my original thoughts. Same women, still being a mole and same tinned sauce and home brand pasta. Made me so very angry. Now I go out of my way to tell people to avoid this one at all costs. Would be more satisfied by feeding $25 to a cat than spending it here.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Ian B
Australia
“Great Italian; Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

The food was great - especially the gorgonzola & black truffle sauce steak. Melt in the mouth tender. The service was fantastic.

The only drawback was, like so many restaurants, the noise cause by the hard floor surface - it was very difficult to have a conversation.

Will definitely be back on my next holiday

Visited January 2014