“Don't stay here”
Review of Dulwich Hill

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dullwich Hill
Dulwich Hill
Madrid, Spain
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed here almost three monts earlier this this year but won't again. Apart from overflowing garbage bins and toilets that overflowed and weren't cleaned regularly electronic key cards didnt work on at least five different occasions and required I ring a number and leave a message and wait for half an hour for someone to come and let me in my room. This was as the desk is only manned 9:00 AM TO 7:00 PM or thereabouts. Further the guy didnt like being called out to let you in. Lastly I'm still waiting on getting my deposit back and don't quite fancy my chances.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Andrew M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2013

i have stayed at this place and it was great the past reviews haven't been the best but this lodge is under new management and is currenty being renovated and let me tell you it is looking great. the staff is friendley and helpful and would guarantee the stay, and to top it off the prices are really reasonable.

mel

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank mel s
Bermagui
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Dirt everywhere, falling apart, windows painted shut, Dangerous electrics and smoke alarms disabled. Forget the bed its medi evil

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank TomAtBermi
Oberon, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2012

we had a 30th birthday to go to and need some where pretty cheap and easy to stay just for the night, we arrived at this place asking ourselves if this was the right place, we waited in the car while 1 of us ran in to get our room. there was a coupke of people at the front of this hostel thing having a few drinks and starting a bbq, we get these cards to grt in and out of our rooms then then guy at the desk tells us that they dont work we needed the key, but still gave us these cards. half of us where stayin in one room and the others where staying in the other. we arrived at our rooms down the hallway was a huge hole in the wall and the room next to it had its music blarring. the first room really stunk like month balls and god knows what els so we tried to open the window but it had been nailed closed. there was no blankets just filthy dirty bed sheets and pillows which looked like we had been jumping all over then all day. we went up stairs to the second room and at the rooms door there was a broken pot plant all over the floor. we walked in and the tv was on the floor once agin no blankets and filthy sheets and pillows, the only good thing about this room was the window opened. the bathroom was filthy there was a dirty bin next to the toilet the floor had silverfish running everwhere. we decided that the one room would be big enough for the 8 of us to stay in where we felt a bit safer all together, we go tell the guy who gave us the room and he said yer thats fine he would give us some money back! we went in to the kitchen where the vending machines where, which didnt work and the kitchen was filthy and horrible. we quickly got dressed and went of to the party thinking maybe when we get back they might have cleaned up a bit. we got back at about 1am and when we arrived there was 4 cars that was smashed and out of rego so the ladie told us to park our cars in front of them so we did wen when we arrived back from the party. she yelled out from the varanda "how long you staying for, you cant block those cars in" so we had to park our car on the main road. as we wait outside the hell hole waiting for our friend to move the car an intoxicated man came down and was talking to us in a different language and then started asking what are we doing and what were we drinking. i was very scared by now. so we went back up to the room where the broken pot plant is still in the same spot. we had asked before we left if they could leave a mattress at the door for when we get back, it wasnt left there so we asked again and the said yes we will go get you one now. the ladie brought it to our room and said leave door open put slipper at door and leave it open your safe... of course we shut the door. there music was blarring still and they were still drinking the bbq and everything they used was still sitting in the same spot with rubbish everywhere also there toaster was in the hallway on the floor.. everyone was ready for a shower and bed i was scared to go to the shower by myself so i got my girlfriend to wait at the door for me to finish. no one slept that night we were all to scared what could of happened to us. 8:00am came and everyone was awake dressed and ready to leave the hell hole all the owners where still asleep we didnt get our money back we just wonted out of there. this is a true story we only stayed there last weekend im telling you if you wont a bad night well yer go for it i would never stay there again. it is filthy and the are so rude if i was homeless i still wouldnt stay at this place...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank Tiffany W
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2012

This is not a hotel or motel PLEASE DO NOT BOOK TO STAY HERE YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF IN A BUS SHELTER,it is cheap for a reason,it stinks,it is unclean,u will get bed bugs,you will not sleep.Ignore the pictures on the internet it does look ok from the front and thats where anything good about it ends.PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BOOK TO STAY HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT,PARK BENCHES,BUS SHELTERS,TOILETS ARE ALL CLEANER :)

Room Tip: Do not stay or choose any room here is the best advice i can give
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Lancha b
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This was the was the worse place that I have even been at. I would not send any business that came my way there would find somewhere else to stay for sure.

100 dollars a week and got nothing.

Everything was filthly.

DO NOT GO THERE!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Jess Marie R
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 October 2011

A workmate and I were refereed to this place when we contacted a agent in search of short term accommodation. After looking at the website we contacted them and were attracted by the cheap weekly rate, really we should have known better but as we were rushed to find something we decided it would be worth a look. We only planned to stay short term anyway.

We were arriving at 9pm and were told to find the lady in room 9 who had the key to our room. I was arriving alone for the weekend and upon driving into the car park I was convinced this was not the same place as on the website.

The front on the house was a mess, there was music blearing and a party going on in the front room. Men were yelling at each other and throwing beer bottles around. I walked inside to look for room nine, already knowing there was no way I was staying here as it felt unsafe and after spending 3 years traveling I have not ever felt this unsafe abroad as I did inside this hell hole.

Upon finding room nine I was yelled at for them having no idea who I was and told me to call the number I had made the reservation on to prove I was staying there. There was no key left for me, the man was clearly intoxicated, the building smelt of smoke and marijuana and he was threatening towards me. From what I saw of the building I was disgusted. Online is is advertised as a YHA on some websites, do not let this fool you, the YHA should in no way be associated with this place.

AVOID AT ALL COST. THESE REVIEWS ARE NOT OVER PLAYING HOW BAD THIS PLACE IS! As said previously the owner should be sued and the place should be shut down or advertised for what it is. Not a hostel or fun, friendly place to stay but as a complete disaster zone. No good will come from staying here!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
8 Thank gemj14

Been to Dulwich Hill? Share your experiences!