Last stayed (and reviewed) in June 2013. Happy to report that the high standards of accommodation and service have been maintained. Even to the extent of fixing the one small issue from last year, attaching the fridge base to the cabinet so it wouldn't slide when opening. Our room was clean, tidy and very comfortable.
The breakfast arrangements continue to be excellent and very practical for preparing take-with lunches when attending events at Olympic Park or ANZ stadium, thereby saving quite a bit of money and eating healthy.
When staying at Darcy's you are treated like a valued member of the family, not just a paying resident.
I read with disbelief the most recent review (Don S "Massively disappointed"), as my experience with Darcy's (and almost all other reviewers here) has been only very positive.
From what I can tell Don never actually stayed at Darcy's or even visited the premises, he effectively reviewed only Darcy's phone booking process, and it's his one and only review in Trip Advisor so may be unaware of how this site works.
We made use of Darcy's online booking web page, and confirmed by phone. The booking was expertly handled, there were absolutely no problems and we even got at our request the same ground-floor room as last year near the dining area.
All I can recommend is that you book early as Darcy's is getting more popular with event-goers at Olympic Park, and do make use of Darcy's online booking web-page, email communication and/or SMS to confirm that your booking is successful. But let's face it this is just common sense for any accommodation arrangements, especially if you're travelling on business.
An important note about getting to Darcy's by train if you are at all mobility-impaired or lugging lots of heavy suitcases. The hardest part will be getting out of Homebush railway station if you disembark the train at one of the island platforms. The only way out is up lots of steps, across a footbridge, down lots more steps. No ramps, no lift. Better option is disembarking at nearby Strathfield railway station which is mobility-friendly, then a short taxi trip.
One of the great things about Darcy's location is you are within 10 minutes walk of
1) the quite nice Rochester St shopping strip, with IGA supermarket and an excellent takeaway fish & chips place at No. 3, or
2) walk 10 minutes (or take the train) towards the city to get to the big Strathfield shopping centre which has pretty well anything you want.
I for one hope that Kevin continues to be the host and that Darcy's continues to stick with it's winning formula.
I have rated all criteria in this review as 5/5 because I honestly cannot think of anything at Darcy's that could be improved or changed without affecting its unique ambience and charm.
As always, if you have found this review helpful please click the Yes button as it encourages me to continue putting effort into thorough reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Darcys is centrally located in a beautiful heritage tree-lined street, 14 km by road or 15 mins by train from Sydney CBD. We are a short stroll to either Homebush or Strathfield town centres. Strathfield is a major transport hub for both trains and buses where connections can be made for both suburban and country link destinations. Darcys is close to local restaurants, cafes and shopping outlets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Darcys Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.