“April 2014 visit to UNSW”
Review of Parade Lodge

Parade Lodge
Parade Lodge
“April 2014 visit to UNSW”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

As a visiting professor at UNSW, I was seeking a simple room that was walking distance to the Uni for my 3-week stay. The room (towards the back) was relatively quiet and clean. The owner is a wealth of knowledge for what to see in Sydney and how to get around. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Kathryn U

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Parade Logde is a very nice place to stay and move at Sydney suburbs. It´s pretty well located, clean and close to buses stops. For those who are comming to UNSW or near by, this is the rigth place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Fabio J
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Great location, right near the cricket and the city! Nice quiet room. Very clean throughout. The benefit of off street parking was very handy! Also the family who run it are very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Battersby888
Sydney
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Very close to the Uni and the Institute. This place is more like a boarding house than a hotel. Very basic but clean. There's no alarm clock or hair dryer but there is a kitchen sink. It's very quiet. I was happy with my stay. Go to the cafes nearby for breakfast. No food is served here. Bus service to the city. Walk to the University.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Lupin4
Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed for 2 nights at Parade Lodge whilst attending residential workshop at UNSW. Stayed in single room with ensuite bathroom. Room had TV, mini fridge, sink, kettle and small heater. Single bed was a little hard but otherwise room served its purpose. This is a lodge not hotel so reception is only manned business hours, and as I needed to check in at 6pm I had to ring the Owner/Manger to meet me there to get key which was all good. Kept my luggage on checkout day for pickup after classes.
Place felt safe, and the Doncaster hotel across road which had a great bristro upstairs, went there for dinner and read my book by the fireplace rather than going back to room. There was a supermarket across road. UNSW easy walk.
This is a cheap option, family run and I would stay again if attending UNSW workshops again.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank gaznic
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Me and my friends went to Sydney last March. Parade lodge was recommended by my friend's friend who's staying just across the street. The place doesn't really look like a lodge from the outside. I wasn't expecting much from the place because it looks to us like it was cheap for a place in Sydney. So we booked 2 twin rooms. To my surprise, the place really exceeded my expectations!

So here's the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. The room where we stayed was so clean and it was more than large for two people.

2. Towels & small soap were provided. There's a built-in cabinet too where you can hang your jackets and clothes.

3. The room was equipped with a small fridge, plates, drinking glasses, spoon & fork and electric kettle - just everything you need to make breakfast or quick snack.

4. There was fan in the room, though we didn't really use it because it was kinda cold when we were there.

5. The bathroom was so clean and spacious enough. Hot & cold water on the sink and in the shower.

6. Entire place was carpeted and very quiet. I really had good night sleep here.

7. There were convenience stores and restaurants nearby so you can just grab your food anytime.

8. The place is just along the road so you can just hail a cab if you want to. There's also a bus stop just few steps away so it's not really an inconvenience to walk.

Cons:
1. Kinda far from the city.

2. Staff can be found nowhere. We only saw 1 staff when we checked in, then can't find anyone when we checked out so we had to leave our keys on our rooms.

Apart from that two cons, this place is perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms farther from the roadside are more quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank cariephoenix
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed at the lodge for a week in April.

Eric, the friendly gentleman who runs the lodge could not have been more friendly, approachable and helpful.

The rooms are fairly basic, it's not meant to be a five star hotel after all. But in terms of what you get for your money we were very happy to have stayed there and would recommend to anyone who is stopping off for a few days.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Mathewjones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kensington
Royal Hotel at Randwick
#7 of 11 in Randwick
Inner South
Meriton Serviced Apartments, Waterloo
Coogee
Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments
Randwick Central Suites
#4 of 11 in Randwick

Been to Parade Lodge? Share your experiences!