“Overnight Stay”

Killara Inn Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Killara
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went to Sydney for a night/day stay for our granddaughters Dentist appointment and stayed at the Killara Inn. The reception desk was open till late and this was great for us, as we arrived about 9 pm. The staff were excellent, and very friendly, the room was great but felt that the bathroom could have been cleaned a bit better

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Killara Inn Hotel & Conference Centre

Reviewed 24 June 2014

After a short walk from Lindfield Station, I was pleasantly surprised by the Killara Inn. The service on arrival was First Class - my subsequent stay together with my meal in "Arvi's Restaurant" was a nice experience! If you are after authentic Indian cuisine then I can highly recommend this!

Room Tip: Even though I did not request a particular room, I would be inclined to ask for one along the same s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hugh J
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Away from the city, affordable and one of the quietest places to relax.
The staff was very good, food is great! The Chef is out of the world.

Premises is well maintained, and staff is very friendly, they go out of their way to help you out, ofcourse that is if you treat them reasonably well.

Check this place out, very convenient location too, right on Pacific Highway, just minutes walk to trains and buses. Would recommend this to anyone who wants to enjoy best of the city and relax in a resort.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, ask for the deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Ashok M
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Most enjoyable stay. Greeted and helped throughout by Kali who could not have been more helpful, efficient and courteous. Felt that he really was enjoying making our stay as pleasant as possible. We didn't use the spa so can't comment. Only complaint was we found the mattress a little soft - but that's personal choice.

Room pleasant, clean and quiet with a lovely rear view.

Kali is an asset to any hotel. A young man made to work within the hotel profession.

Room Tip: Rear room very quiet with pleasant aspect.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank susanp1388
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have given this hotel and the Golden Chain group two opportunities to respond to my feedback before posting my review here and have heard absolutely nothing back from them. This is the email that I sent them, via the Golden Chain website:

To Whom It May Concern

I'm writing to express my disappointment experienced during my stay at the Killara Inn Hotel and Conference Centre last weekend. Our booking was for 21st November until 24th November in the apartment with kitchenette.
Our first impression of our room was the dank and dusty smell that assailed us as we entered the room. Then we noticed the shabby, out of date, cheap appearance of the place and the unusual set-up of the so-called "apartment".

It wasn't long before we discovered the dirt and grime in the place; Dust covering every surface, old bananas left in the kitchenette cupboard, the mirrors were dirty, there was black grime around the base of the shower (particularly bad in the corners) and urine drips down the front of the toilet. We moved one of the beds (to prevent a young child falling out in the night) only to discover that a vacuum cleaner had not been used under the beds for a very long time, judging from the thick layer of dust.

Also noted was the ancient air conditioner, there was only 1 lamp and 1 wardrobe (with a big pile of coat hangers in the bottom) between the 2 bedrooms, the shower head was not attached to the wall properly and was barely hanging on. Also, there were only 2 towels provided for 3 guests.
The first nights sleep was pretty awful, as the coated glass entry does nothing to block out the bright fluorescent lights that are on all night out side the front door.

After our first night, we expressed our disappointment in the room with the manager, particularly noting the lack of cleanliness. His response was " Oh, we didn't know it wasn't clean. The last guests didn't tell us" This response is frankly quite absurd, as it is not the guest's job to check that housekeeping have done their job and report to the manager. I have worked in housekeeping for a number of years and in a number of properties. There is absolutely no way I would have kept my job if I had left a room in the state that we found our apartment.

Our apartment was completely unacceptable, the whole place screamed out "cheap, rundown and dirty". I am loath to go anywhere near the Killara Inn again and would certainly prefer to stay further away and commute to where I need to be, than to return. I would also be most reluctant to stay in any of the Golden Chain motels after this experience and I would not recommend them to anyone.

I would appreciate a written email response to this email.

(I haven't even gone into our experience in the restaurant, which was very average).

Room Tip: Just don't stay there.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

After a 7 hour drive the man on the desk was rude and arrogant. Not a good start. The rooms are in dire need of a makeover and tlc. Despite the fact the website said the restaurant was to be open, it wasn't. No suggestion of meal places was offered. If we hadn't needed a spot close to a family funeral we would have gone somewhere else. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The biggest advantage of this place is that it is close to the city. The greatest disadvantage is that they charge nearly $300 per night for a family room, which consists of 1 King size bed, 1 Double and a single, plus an en-suite.

When we arrived after a 4 hour drive, we were (4 of us) in need of the bathroom - when we went to use the toilet - it had faecal residue from the last guests. There was grime in the shower, with hairs from goodness knows where and grime in the sink. The floors were dusty and the windows wouldn't open. We looked down to the pool, which we were told was available for guest use - and it had, what looked like barrow-loads of leaf litter at the bottom.

We were moved to another room and this was only vaguely better.
On the plus side, it is very close (0.7k) from Lindfield which has a lot of good restaurants, and minutes from the city.

Would stay there again at a pinch, but only because of the locale.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road are the best, but the noise from the Highway was negligible anyway. Qu...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killara
Meriton Suites North Ryde
Courtyard Sydney-North Ryde
Quest North Ryde
Quest North Ryde
#2 of 6 in North Ryde

Been to Killara Inn Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!