“Good food from a hotel”
Review of Longueville Hotel

Longueville Hotel
Ranked #3 of 79 Restaurants in Lane Cove
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went there on Mother's day for lunch and it was packed but the meals came in good time and the service was fine. The meals were varied, catering for young children and oldies with lots of food on the plate so be careful about ordering a starter. Atmosphere was pleasant and it looks like a good place for dinner.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great menu with usual salads, steak, burgers etc. renovated with gorgeous inside bar and separate restaurant. They even have a small private eating area. Kids menu. Beer garden outside lovely for lunch.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I stopped in here for lunch today. We arrived at 12:45pm and the hotel was buzzing with patrons and was quite busy. We managed to find a table outside on the covered deck and although it was really busy we were still able to hear one another and had our own personal “space”. My husband had a beer and I had a glass of Tablelands Sauvignon Blanc. The drinks were reasonably priced and service was quick. For lunch my husband ordered the beef nachos and I had the chicken schnitzel with basil aioli and homemade slaw. Both our meals were divine, my husband enjoyed his meal immensely and I loved the additional of the basil aioli to my chicken. We will definitely be regulars at The Longy; I look forward to returning and trying the chorizo and spicy prawn risotto.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had dinner here with my wife and a friend. Wife had chicken schnitzel, friend had fish and chips and I had nachos. Comments from wife and friend were that their meals did not impress. My nachos were ordinary, included guacamole (strange inclusion) and were lacking in "heat". Nachos were cold by the time I was half way through and there was not even a hint of chilli. When we entered the hotel it was through the main bar and the looks we received from the patrons were enough to make us leave; I thought we must have arrived at a scene from Deliverance. My advice is find another place to dine.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Only real pub in Lane cove, so not much choice, $5.70 for a schooner of Carlton is a bit overpriced especially since its in a dingy TAB bar with Bar staff that roll their eyes and sigh when you want to order a beer. It costs more if you order in the front bar. The recent refurbishment in the front bar looks good but is not very practical, The main TV is now partially blocked to but a few seats. They never have sound on the TV even when busy and everyone there is watching the game Take away shop staff are very knowledgeable and are quite pleasant, definitely the best part about the Longy. Meals are very overpriced and too be brutally honest, quite crap. Oily and under / over cooked. Choices of seating very limited, Roast in front of a fire on large share tables a meter or two away or sit with the smokers in the cold out in the large beer garden. Place is ok if you are in urgent need of a beer, but for the price, service and all around attitude of the bar staff who would rather gossip with each other than do their job, I suggest you either go to the small places like Unwined, Epitome or the Italian restaurant near the Library for a Peroni. Better yet, get on the 536 bus and go to the Chatswood RSL where you get what you pay for. Great location, disappointing results.