Lidcombe Motor Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Pullman at Sydney Olympic Park(Sydney Olympic Park)
  • Room Service
Ibis Sydney Olympic Park(Sydney Olympic Park)
  • Room Service
Novotel Sydney Olympic Park(Sydney Olympic Park)
View Hotel
Ibis Budget Enfield(Strathfield South)
Shilla Lodge Hotel(Strathfield)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Room was ok, front window faced the street, a bit noisy but we found dust on the bedside tables and in the kitchenette and toilets, I complained to the reception guy.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I wish I knew this before I booked, but there are better choices in the surrounding areas (Parramatta, Olympic Park, Rosehill) so only stay here if you have no other choice. Located in what would have to be one of the noisiest places in Sydney, don't expect a decent sleep. The aircon chugs away in the wall and is nearly as noisy as the heavy trucks coming and going from the industrial park across the road at all hours.

The rooms are acceptable - basic but not particularly clean and in need of a bit of TLC....I'm surprised it carries the Best Western name as its not up to the standard you'd expect for a BW. Suffocated through one long night due to excessive use of an overpowering cleaning fluid......I'm not a smoker, but a smoking room may have been better. Made worse by poor ventilation and windows key locked.

Some difficulty communicating with staff as the ones I met didn't speak very good english. Had breakfast (in room only) but quickly wished I'd gone to one of the nearby cafes. One good aspect is the motel's close proximity to Lidcombe Station - a 30 minute train trip to the city. Overall the Lidcombe BW is a basic, noisy, odorous motel reasonably well located to a train station. If you want more, look at other nearby options.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank dooragan
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Was looking fir a reasonably priced self-service apartment in Sydney. A difficult task. We finally happened upon this Motor Inn. After reading tghe mixed review, we took a deep breath and took the plunge. Check in was quick and efficient. The apartment we were in was in a building behind the actual motor inn. To have pots and pans one has to specifically ask, give a $100 deposit and they are then availabe in a large plastic tub. Furnishings in the apartment are definitely economy class, but serviceable. There is a washer and drier in a laundry room, which is convenient. Internet has just been switched to cable,and the desk provided a cable to plug it in. The staff were very attentive, and responded quickly to concerns (like a light bulb out in the hallway, which made it dark and potentially dangerous). The train into Sydney CBD is a five minute walk from the hotel, making it convenient to travel around the city without a car. We found a grocery store and a shopping mall a short distance away. Parking was underneath the main Inn, and required a hotel key to open the gates (a nice security feature).There were a few local restaurants and bars around the corner.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Mrs-K-albany
Reviewed 22 October 2008

I would not recommend this Motor Inn if it was the last place on earth. I booked a group of 24 people in to this place for 6 nights only to find it was a dirty, dungy, overly priced hole. A few of our rooms had not been cleaned from the people before. There was food stains all in the kitchen, [--] on the toilet, mould in the showers, hair all over the couches and worst of all a couple of beds were covered in pubic hair and toilet paper. Even after the owners came in twice to clean it, it was still disgusting and had the cheek to say wait for the cleaner in the morning and tell her what you want done. This ruined 2 days of our travel as we had to find somewhere else to stay. It cost us over $2000 extra to change accomodation and transport at late notice. I thought being charged $1000 for one nights accomodation was wrong. We got accomodation on the Gold Coast beach front for 3/4 the price of this place and it was a mansion. It is a huge embarrasement to have this place under Best Western. Not sure if I can trust that name again. I don't rate Lidcombe Motor Inn any stars.

K. Dorward
New Zealand Martial Arts Academy

Stayed: October 2008
3  Thank KDORWADR
Reviewed 8 December 2006

The Motel is within five minutes walk of Lidcombe Railway Station from which frequent trains run to Olymoic Park, Parramatta and Sydney City. It is within easy walk of shops and the Lidcombe RSL Club that serves good cheap meals. For value the motel is far cheaper than staying in places such as Olympic Park and Sydney City.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Haveago