“Unit 24 - Amazingly Equipped!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manly Shores Holiday Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manly
Manly Shores Holiday Apartments
Ranked #4 of 12 Speciality Lodging in Manly
Newcastle, Australia
“Unit 24 - Amazingly Equipped!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed with some friends at unit 24. It was like walking into a home, not just a serviced apartment. Everything was there, there must have been 20 plates, 20 wine glasses, 15 water glasses. Cork screws, tongs, trays, serving platers, coasters. We were really impressed, in fact blown away. Far too many times we have stayed in serviced appartments and there was 4 forks, 4 plates, 4 glasses, not here, this place ROCKS!!!!!!.

3 generous bedrooms, front balcony with of course amazing views and a back balcony with lovely view up the hill and great afternoon sun, fantastic for getting the beach towels dry int he late afternoon.

Cannot tell you all how great this apartment is, we are going to make is our Sydney place when down in Sydney - love Manly (my old home) and this apartment (UNIT 24)!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!

Room Tip: UNIT 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Upper floor with fantastic views.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Graeme K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed at the Manly Shores Holiday Apartments in November 2013. With 2 small children it is in a great location right opposite the beach and playground. The children also enjoyed the outdoor pool at the bottom of the apartment complex.
The apartment itself is very spacious with a well equipped kitchen. We enjoyed our stay and would come back again

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed in the Trident Apartments 26/62 North Steyne and had fabulous views across the ocean - wonderful for watching the surfers and beach walkers in the morning. The apartment was lovely, comfortable, but not too swish, which was what we wanted with a 20 month old child (I passed on the flasher looking apartments - too many glass surfaces and other things my daughter could damage). It was only a few doors down from the Novotel where I was attending a conference, and a comfortable stroll to cafes, the beach and the mall where my mother kept my daughter entertained. Our only minor complaint was that the carpark was very squashy and on a difficult angle for parking - we were glad we were in my little car and not my partner's large sedan. Overall, we were very happy with our stay there.

Room Tip: If you have a large car, you may have trouble parking at 26/62 North Steyne and might be better choo...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Our family stayed for 3 nights in apt 26 at the beginning of this month and had a great time! The location is fantastic and being on the 9th floor with views over the surf beach was spectacular. The apartment was quirky (almost retro with angled walls which added to the holiday fun), bright, clean and very comfortable. Being in a triangular building, there are only 3 minimal but well planned apartments per floor with either a lift or stairwell between each so the sound insulation is brilliant between apartments. The only sound we were conscious of was the sound of the surf which was lovely. We loved it and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vicki B
Kitchener, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

To be fair, in December of 2010 I stayed in a Manly Shores holiday apartment at 110 North Steyne. In spite of the two times I saw a cockroach in that apartment, I enjoyed my month stay there. The unit was clean and comfortable, as I expected. (Cockroaches are everywhere in Manly and impossible to get rid of totally.)

Although in December of 2010 when renting from Manly Shores, the apartment was as expected, in October of this year, it was not. This time the apartment, although I saw no cockroaches, was not clean.

This review is the second of two written about my stay in apartment 517, Waterside Apartments. The first I wrote and posted to tripadvisor on my second day there, October 9th. On checkout October 15th I was confronted by the apartment manager about my first review. She stated that she found my review to be defamatory and indicated that there would be some unspecified action taken, I presumed against me or against all who had written about poor experiences. I found her attitude and demeanor to be very unprofessional.

In fact, knowing that what I had written was true, or expressive only of my opinion, I was not overly concerned about legal action. I was concerned however that she might take some unwarranted action and charge my credit card unjustly. Because of that concern I removed my first review. My credit card wasn't charged.

On checkout the manager complained that I had not told her of all of the problems with the apartment, before writing that first review. She was right, I had told her of only one of the problems. However, she had read about all of the problems in that first review on tripadvisor and had done nothing except apologize for the dust and then later confront me about my review.

On check in I found a quarter inch of dust and debris under the bed, which I phoned the manager about. Because the manager said that she didn't own the apartment and would have to call the owner to get the problem fixed, I offered to sweep the dust myself. I was there on vacation. It just was more convenient to take care of it myself, rather than wait for her to talk to the owner.

The other issues included a strong, horrible smell in the apartment, the kitchen table was grungy, there was ketchup streaked on a wall and toothpaste stuck to the bathroom sink. All of which made me feel like I had moved into another person's dirty apartment. Not pleasant. Considering that I had paid in full several weeks before checking in, did I have the right to expect that apartment to be clean when I moved in? You be the judge.

Room Tip: Ask management if they've checked the apartment for cleanliness, before check-in. Or just avoid...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ronc52
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

After Checking out of this hotel, the person who spoke to me treated me extremely rude. I didn't get asked how my stay was... (the room was quite ok, but definitely not for the price).
When I tried to book in again for a period soon after, I was told I would have to move rooms numerous times, however, each time checking out early then checking in late. After finding a more accommodating apartment elsewhere through a different company, they told me that "I should have told them at the start that I didn't want to move" as if were a common thing. I wouldn't use this company again, but recommend others, such as Manly National Apartments or The Apartment Service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank James M
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We rented Apartment Three for 14 nights. The unit has good spacious rooms but was grubby, and in much need of refurbishment. That, however, paled into insignificance when on the second night of our stay we saw several large cockroaches scuttle across the lounge floor. On each succeeding night we had the same experience. We approached the Complex Manager and explained that we were very unhappy about the situation. She was off-hand and made us feel that we were fussing about nothing. On the second occasion my husband spoke to her, she said that she might have the apartment sprayed that afternoon, but no spraying took place and over the following days we simply used our own insecticide which we had bought from a local supermarket.
Having spoken to family who live in Australia we realise that these insects are endemic but buildings should be treated with sprays and traps regularly, in order to prevent infestation. Clearly no such treatment programme had recently been carried out in this block.
I would neither recommend this accommodation, nor will I ever stay there again. It was ghastly.

Room Tip: Be very suspicious if there are no photos of bathrooms. They are the most used parts of rental accom...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple