As soon as you enter your room, you know right away you will feel at home. I had the upstairs king room. It's very spacious. Painted in a light shade of blue that soothes the eyes and mind. It is light-filled with large windows. I always left the windows and patio doors open, even in light rain, because the fresh air is nice and you can hear & see the colorful lorikeets. In the early morning, you can see sunrise colors from your bed. Just wonderful.
Manly is a wonderful beach town. I stayed 5 days. Was sad to leave. Tried to extend my stay, but Sally was booked solid into Jan for both upstairs and downstairs rooms.
Sally is a wonderful hostess. Sparkling, calm personality. You can tell she is innately natural at taking care of people.
The quality of the room, the bedding, amenities, and bath were all very good. Just about everything you need are there...
- large min-fridge with freezer section
- toaster, microwave, electric kettle for boiling water
- assortment of teas, bowl of fruits
- plates, bowls, glasses, mugs, silverware
- ultra soft robes to lounge in
- iron, ironing board
- blow dryer, straightening iron
- beach towels
- computer with great internet wifi connection
- games, book
- A/C, heater
I thought the wet room (bathroom) is interesting. I thought the whole floor would get wet. But it didn't (and I'm a big splasher). The drain and the indiscernible floor tilt in the shower area meant water stayed only in the shower area of the bathroom floor. I actually would like a wet room of my own now.
There is also a heater in the wet room. In case you need it in the winter.
Comfortable bed with nice bedding. How comfy? Don't-want-to-get-out-of-bed comfy.
This house is old. But construction must be solid, because it does not creak at all. Not at all.
Stanley can be found climbing the tree, or just hanging around. He is a cute cat with soft fur. One day I took my breakfast down to the front porch, and Stanley joined me.
Note that he doesn't go into the rooms, and is not allowed anyways.
I hope to return soon for another stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast is so spacious and comes with a King Bed, high ceilings, plenty of natural light. Air-con, fast/free wireless broadband. Massive (wet-room) bathroom. Enjoy breakfast from your own balcony, or a glass of wine at night, with views of Sydney Harbour and Manly. Walk to Manly's famous golden sandy beaches, and try the array of 80 different restaurants, cafe's and bakeries, that have some of Sydney's finest chefs. Hop on a ferry or fast boat and be in Sydney from 15-30 mins to catch a show, ballet, opera, or climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Manly caters for every sport imaginable,and annual festivals throughout the year. Things to do are endless! Stunning walks at North heads, with amazing views of Sydney and its beautiful harbour, enjoying all it's natural wildlife for miles. Reflect in the tranquil memorial gardens or sip on a fresh coffee whilst taking in the views. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Manly Harbour Loft b&b
- Manly Harbour Loft Hotel Manly