“A perfect location and good food”
Review of Hugos Manly

Hugos Manly
Ranked #7 of 318 Restaurants in Manly
Price range: US$15 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been here on two occasions and both times it has been enjoyable. It gets very busy in the warmer months and it is recommended that you book. Service can be slow but the food is fresh and very tasty. Great views of Manly Wharf and Manly Cove.

Summer and

Write a ReviewReviews (1,572)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I came here with my partner and my partners family for my partners bithday. Did I say partner? Anyhow I hadn't eaten at Hugo's other than having the pizza at Hugo's in kings cross years ago. Very impressed with my meal and so was everyone else at the table

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hugos is hard to fault.
Food is innovative and exciting.
Service is usually very good, but they do get super busy
It’s usually bustling and noisy, and has a fab location on the wharf.
Walk ins not a great idea but you might be lucky.
Never had a bad meal here, after many visits.
Pricey but impressive

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Utterly disgraceful service, unfortunately I am unable to comment on the food as the disgraceful hospitality of the venue forced us to leave before even being sat. My brother and I turned up to dine on Friday evening and at the door we were met by 2 of the managers and informed that as a result of my brother working in a competing venue which happened to be run by the former head chef, we would not be allowed to be seated out of and I quote “spite”. I should point out my brother left the venue over 2 years ago on good terms. There was no opportunity to discuss the matter and we were shown the door, what an absolute joke.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I visited Hugos with a friend for lunch the other day on a cool sunny day, the view of Manly Wharf with the ferries coming and going was a pleasure.
The restaurant is quite comfortable with rugs provided on the outside tables.
My friend ordered the Pumpkin Pizza and i ordered a starter of raw tuna, the waitress informed me that this was a starter and I should consider ordering a pizza also., as I only wanted a light lunch I declined.
When our meals arrived they were as described but chopped tuna on 2 small pieces of toast at $25 was more than a bit rich, my friends pizza was adequate but at $29 was also well overpriced, especially when the tables were bare wood with paper serviettes.
But at the end of the meal was when it all went very wrong!
I should add that I do a bit of eating out around the world and have just returned from a trip to Greece and the islands and have dined out in New York.
So this experience was interesting.
The waiter arrived with the bill, armed with her EFTPOS machine. on the machine was an option for tipping, thats ok but when I asked her to step aside so I could consider a tip she just stood there and said I could add a tip via the machine. Well i wasnt inclined to add a tip but felt embarrassed in front of my friend, so I did add one. Then when presented with the bill I noted a surcharge of 1%!
Now this is a busy place and I'm sure that 90% of their business is via credit card so why don't they add this charge into the prices like most other restaurants?
I felt ripped off and badly treated,, Will Not be back!