“What's happened?”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Look - I know I'm going against the grain, but I can only report on what I found. I felt like a refreshing Som Tam style salad and couldn't think of where to get it. I remembered that I'd enjoyed an authentic tasty Thai meal at this restaurant a year or so ago. I just wanted something cheap and cheerful. Perfect I thought.
Went up to the counter to order. They have a lunchtime menu. There was no salad on it. Just the usual suspects of Thai green chicken curry, etc. I asked if they could cook me a Som Tam. No. OK I'll have Pad Thai. 4 minutes later they dropped a plate of white, oily, tasteless, lacklustre noodles on my table.
There were a few slithers of overcooked beef, a couple and I mean a couple of sad overcooked spring onions, a scattering of tastless peanut shavings and a quarter of a lemon.
It was without a doubt the absolute WORST pad thai I've ever had in my life.
Maybe the lunchtime crew are different from the night time. All I can say is that 2 days later I found Banana Blossom salads. Now THAT is where I should have gone. Absolutely gutted. Do you know this Pad Thai was so bad that after 3 mouthfuls I seriously considered abandoning it. I was too cheap though. Wish I had now.

1  Thank Susan W

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Love this place bookings essential on weekends. Tasty for all ages my whole family from 7- 83 love it. Never had a bad dish!!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Recommended by our B and B hosts we gave this small place a try and boy were we glad. BYO and the cost is very good. $40 for 2. We had the Duck with Mango and the Banana Flower dish. Both were very tasty and different, not a curry type dish. Whether it is bona fide Thai or not I can't say. I just know it was tasty.
Ate there a second time and were just as pleased. Atmosphere is minimal. If you are trying to impress a date with good food, it works. If you want fancy, go elsewhere. They were very busy even on week nights but did a great job handling the demand.
I was pleased that they recognized us the second night.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We went here based on TA reviews, and we were so pleased. I had the veggie green curry and hubby had the pad Thai with prawns. Both were very good, with just the right amount of heat. You sit in the hallway of a tiny mall, so there is no view, and no ambiance, but the food makes up for it. Cash only. Perhaps getting takeaway and finding a nice spot to sit would be the way to go.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We came upon this restaurant trying to escape the large crowds and 35 degree heat. My what a surprise! We ordered chicken satay and omg was it to die for. I've been to Thailand a couple of times and have never had satay chicken that good over there. So many flavours in the satay and lots of nice vegetables to go with it. The lunch deal is cheap. A meal and a canned drink for $10. As others have mentioned, the location is not that great. It's located in a little mall and the service is abit blah, however if you can overcome that you won't be disappointed with the meal. Highly recommended.