“Great Tour Of North Head Manly B Hall”
Review of After Dark Nature Tours - CLOSED

After Dark Nature Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Seeking a completely unique experience? After Dark Nature Tours in Manly uses NIGHT VISION GOGGLES to give people an unforgettable and completely different opportunity to experience Australia's wonderful nocturnal wildlife in its own environment. Set in one of Sydney's most beautiful locations you'll be equipped with your own personal set of NIGHT VISION GOGGLES so you can see owls, bandicoots, possums, echidnas and much more up close and personal.Let your guide take you to another world around Manly, Shelly Beach and through the rare Eastern Suburbs Banksia Scrub bushland of North Head. All while you experience local animals coming alive at night whilst you marvel at the beauty of the bush under starlight. Your guide will take you to a special place where you can sample home made roasted wattle seed scones with bush jams. While you sipping on locally sourced bush teas, learn about the area's cultural significance to the traditional Kay-Ye-My Aboriginal people who occupied the area now known as Manly. Discover the true indigenous origins of surfing and learn about Manly's rich surfing history. It's a great way to discover the Natural, European and Aboriginal cultural history of the area first hand. Perfect for the family or those wanting something a unique and different experience.Choose from three tours; The Sunset Tour, The Night Wonders Tour or a Galaxy Tour which is tailored to meet the needs and wishes for groups and functions.All Tours are lead by experienced and qualified guides.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Tour Of North Head Manly B Hall”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The After Dark Tour of North Head Manly is a must NOT MISS when you stay or holiday in Manly
Jess our guide was very knowledgeable of all things to do with flora and fauna and the general
history of the area , i will give gift vouchers to my overseas and interstate friends so they do not miss out , a fantastic night .

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Brian H

London, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“There's a reason there are so many good reviews”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I found this when looking for things to do in Sydney. As luck would have it, it was in Manly (where I was staying with my friends), so I checked with them, and they had never heard of it, but thought it sounded good, so we all booked on.

Jess was fantastic, he was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and passionate about the area and the wildlife. We were fitted up with an ear piece so we could hear him talk, and night vision goggles, and then we set for for the walk, which lasted nearly three hours, and was brilliant. I don't want to give it all away, but we saw an amazing array of wildlife very close up, as they weren't disturbed by us, and we learnt a lot about the local area and history as well.

Al I can say is you should definitely book on, it's a fantastic experience and the good reviews speak for themselves.

2 Thank Lizzie D
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended!!! A True Hidden Gem on the Northern Beaches”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My partner and I undertook the tour recently one fantastic Saturday evening in August. Jess prepared us for the night with excellent sound equipment and the use of NVG's which was a great way to interact with the night flora and fauna in their natural environment. What compliments the exploration of the bushland, is Jess's in-depth knowledge of the local aboriginal culture and history, as well as the local history of Manly and the surrounding suburbs. We camped out on the headland and had the terrific lemon myrtle tea (which we liked so much we ended up getting) and scones which Jess had supplied. The views, animals, commentary and overall experience make this a highly recommended tour for those that are new to Sydney and those that have lived here all their life

2 Thank Travela2U
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Highly recommended for visitors and locals alike.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

If you're looking for something new to do on your Friday night, check this out!
Jess is a very knowledgeable and interesting guide.
His night vision is awesome, but don't worry if yours isn't as you'll be kitted out with night vision goggles!
My wife and I joined a friend of ours visiting from overseas and had a fantastic time.
If you ask Jess he'll sell you some of the Jam you'll get to eat on the tour, highly recommend the rainforest plum one, I bought a jar yum!!

1 Thank MrFellowes
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fascinating and super novelty!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I did this tour on Saturday evening with some friends and had a fantastic time. The novelty of using night vision goggles didn't wear off at all and the ongoing commentary about the relevant flora and fauna we passed by was excellent. Although it wasn’t detailed as part of the tour, I thoroughly enjoyed the commentary about the history of Sydney harbour regarding the early encounters between the white settlers and the aboriginal natives – a very enlightening but sobering tale.

Visited July 2013