“Not just delicious....”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Manly
Reviewed 26 November 2013

the service is fantastic! the owners are so professional, we go there often and I can only say that it has been outstanding, both food and service. I was looking for another restaurant in Manly and realised that our favourite (Ouzeria) is Number 4...I am not surprised..but what prompted me to write this review was the last entry "Rude unfriendly staff" i was so surprised...but from a selfish point of view, I am happy that these people are not going back...as I dont want my favourite R to be always full. We always order Skarra and the souvlakis both the vegetarian and the lamb are to die for...Yes..is not cheap...and they do have a bit of a problem with the casuals (young and unexperienced wait staff) but we find that again and again at most restaurants, the difference here is that the owners always make up for it with their charm, attention to detail & perfect timing. Liliana

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We made a booking an hour before coming, walked in, the place was about half full. Owner/manager was behind bar doing something and greeted us but said it would be 2 minutes. Waiter walked past about 5 times bringing good in and out. We felt it would be awkward to sit down at one of the empty tables, so waited, nothing happens for 5 minutes, just awkward standing in the middle of a fairly small intimate restaurant. Owner finally comes and asks "have a booking?" I say yes, he points outside and says he'll get the waiter to clean the table first, another table empty and clean and I respond it be a bit strange to wait even more when everything is empty and he replies yeah, we'll you can go outside or sit in here in this spot. No apology, no friendly sorry mate. We left! Too bad, would have loved to try the food!

2  Thank HappyCoupleCats
Reviewed 21 November 2013

On a busy Sunday afternoon at the seafront as a couple we were given a table for 4 and the waiters and manager were most pleasant though the place was very busy. We went for some mezze and each was delicious. We had a lovely Greek salad (top-notch feta), great garlic prawns, delicious lamb meatballs, melt in the mouth calimari. This was washed down with the recommended wine from South Africa. The accent of one of the owner's explained the source of the wine! Overall a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

On a weekend break from tassie fortunate to stumble across the ouzaria - treated to delightful traditional Greek lunch and affable and knowledgable host Izaak

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Having stumbled upon and dining at Ouzeria once before with my wife I had no hesitation booking it for my birthday lunch recently.
Why is it good?
The service, wine list, location next to manly beach and wine/beer list.
I have only ever ordered from the entree menu and done Tappas and that is what we did agai. We ordered Dalmades, white bait, Greek beans, Octapus and Squid to name a few and they were all great plus many many Mythos beers.
The only reason I have stayed away from the mains is they appear to be mounds of chips and a bit of Greek food. But hey I'm happy with my choice and it must work for those that clearly love the place.