“Worth the visit”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa, Florida
“Worth the visit”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The service is warm. The staff care. The beds are comfortable and there's a million dollar view from the room balcony. The furnishings are a bit dated and paying for internet access is very yesterday. The Manly Health Club below the hotel is a great place to workout. There are dozens of good restaurants to chose from within walking distance. I left a pair of sunglasses in my room and housekeeping went above and beyond the call of duty to return them to me. The people at the front desk were all friendly and helpful. I went into the city to eat one night. Caught the ferry there and back and that capped off a perfect evening.

Room Tip: The lower rooms are a bit dark and bare. The higher rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GM_ManlyPacific, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear LeeTSMI,

Thank you for providing some wonderful feedback on the hotel of your stay on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to receive such a positive review.

I also believe that our location in superb for all those who travel to Manly as everything you need is within easy walking distance. Manly and surrounds has a lot to offer in the way of just relaxing or activities for the more adventurous. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with your room. The ocean views are a great way to wake up in the morning, and I am also glad you found the beds to be comfortable; they are designed to give you the best nights sleep possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

It was the first time I have stayed here. We arrived late and the staff were really friendly. Room looked over the beach. Room clean and spacious. Manly main shops only 5 minutes walk no need to drive anywhere to do anything. Pool and spa clean and inviting.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Kevin B,

I also believe that our location is perfect. Manly has everything you need and is within easy walking distance to everything.

Our roof top pool area offers beautiful panoramic views of Sydney’s Iconic Beaches. With the weather on our side, the pool has become quite popular.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We recently spent 8 nights at the Manly Pacific, the Hotel hosted a conference and meeting venue I was part of. My wife and 12 year old daughter accompanied me. Staff were outstanding, very helpful, nothing was too much trouble to arrange, food was awesome.

Room Tip: Opt for Ocean view, push the boat out, you've travelled as far as Australia, pay the extra for a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
GM_ManlyPacific, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Ashley T,

It is wonderful to have a guest from an in-house conference take the time to tell us about your stay at the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to receive such a positive review.

We appreciate your positive comments regarding the service provided by our hotel staff. We strive to provide a superior experience for all our guests and comments such as yours will serve as an encouragement to the staff.

Charlie Bar and Zali's Restaurant located opposite Manly beach offers guests an uninterrupted view with a wide selection of beverages and food. If you’re looking for a place to unwind and enjoy the football then Charlie Bar and Zali's is the place to be.

Thank you once again for posting a review of the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific when you return in the future.

Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed in the Novotel Manly for two weeks. The hotel is in an excellent location being right on the front opposite the beach. Nice big room that was clean and modern. The bars in the hotel where good as well and served good food. The staff where friendly and helpful. The only niggle was the lack of information we received when initially checking in. Other than that a really good stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JamesClancy92,

I also believe that our location in perfect for exploring and getting out and going swimming or having a walk along the beach. Manly and surrounds has a lot to offer in the way of just relaxing or activities for the more adventurous.

Charlie Bar, just off the lobby is a very popular spot in Manly and also well used by our hotel guests and the locals. It is a great spot for a cocktail, glass of wine or beer while watching sport, listening to music or catching up with friends.

Our buffet breakfast in Zali’s Restaurant is a great way to start your day off. All the different variety allows us to cater for everyone’s needs.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

As member of Accor Adantage Plus and Le Club Accor, I used my one FOC option to book this room. We had a room on the 7th floor ( top floor of rooms, 8th floor is pool and spa). View from one side window of ocean ( across the road), and out of balcony of Manly.
Enjoyed our welcome drink in the bar- thumbs up to the staff member who let us have a glass of sparkling because it was our honeymoon.
Staff are not consistently good in customer service across all departments:
-reception was great ( quick and efficient check in), the staff at the bar upgraded our welcome drink to a sparkling when I said it was our honeymoon, and huge props to Saxon for offering late checkout when I called to ask about check out time. He extended check out by 1 hour- perfect
- sadly the porter who came with the trolley to the car park did not greet us with a smile or a hello, just asked if we were the ones who wanted a trolley then dumped it and left. I felt self conscious wheeling a hotel trolley, so left it in the car park and lugged our bags up myself. He also didn't tell us there were lifts that went straight up to our floor, we took the ones to reception, then had to change lifts. Also when we rang housekeeping to order pillows from the Pillow Menu, the man very brisquely told me to call ext 122 and hung up! The asst manager on ext 122 was confused why I was ordering pillows from him but said he would organise it. Sadly the pillows never came.

The rooftop pool was too cold ( it is April after all) but the spa was delightful- just the massage our backs needed.
Would book here again for the ocean front location and to eat at Four Fish cafe a few doors down ( amazing seafood for $30 for 2!) but hope the service is more consistenly good next time.

Room Tip: Ask if you can have a room with a bath ( wish we had known to request this) and ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_ManlyPacific, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear SmartTraveller007,

Firstly I would just like to congratulate you on celebrating your honeymoon. It is always great to be apart of our guests special occasions and I am glad you enjoyed your glass of sparkling wine.

However I am sorry to hear that not all staff showed consistently good customer service. I have taken the opportunity to have an in-depth discussion with the Departmental Managers, to walk through the specific issues you have raised and to formulate a plan to improve our level of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, I do hope we have the opportunity in the future to see you visit Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific again, to show you the quality and hospitality that we are renowned for.

Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manly
The Sebel Manly Beach
Mercure Sydney
#62 of 177 in Sydney
Central Business District
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney

Been to Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific? Share your experiences!