US$99
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

US$63
US$51
Hostelworld.com
  • Free Internet
Manly Guest House(Manly)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$58
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
Manly Bunkhouse(Manly)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$44
The Sebel Manly Beach(Manly)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$192
  • Pool
Quest Manly(Manly)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$185
Cecil Street B&B(Fairlight)
2,172 results
All reviewsgreat locationan ocean view roomrooftop poolacross the roadstandard roombuffet breakfastocean frontoverlooking the beachbottle of winesaturday nighteasy walkcar parkinggreat weekendcircular quayferry terminalconciergesydney
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Have been staying at the Manly Pacific for years and for years there have been promises of renovations that would rock your socks off. I think I will will be dead by the time the whole hotel is done.
However the new Managers ... Novatel have finally put some bucks where their mouth is. The restaurants and bars have been renovated and slowly the rooms are being improved.
Stayed this visit in the Courtyard rooms and they are neat, clean and comfortable. Well done to the Novatel people. It's a big job to bring this old lady back up to speed ... hopefully they will complete the whole job .... one day.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Manly_Pacific_Sydney, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2010

Dear ShibaInus

Thank you for your positive feedback. Im so glad you like what we've done so far, you’ll also be pleased to note that the next area to be refurbished is our guest gymnasium. The equipment has been ordered and the expected arrival date is only a month away. Additionally we will commence work on our conference floor during July. We do hope to welcome you back again soon to see the additional work we've done.

Reviewed 8 June 2010

I'm so upset and disappointed about what happened to me after I stayed at this hotel.

Just as I was told, I showed my credit card (debit card) at the reception when I checked in. It was for the deposit and I used same card for tow rooms.
1) I was told the hotel would hold $50/room until I check out. A couple days after, I found I could not use my debit card because they were still holding the deposit, which was $350.00 instead of $100.00
2) I found out this situation when I went to my bank in my lunch break. I had to make many phone calls to this hotel to tell them what they need to do to withdraw the authorization of my money.
3) A staff I talked with on the phone could not tell me what were the details of this overcharge.
4) Even this staff laughed at me when I asked him where I should contact if I still do not receive my money back to my bank account.
5) I also did not like that a flat sheet was over top of the quilt cover instead of between the bed and the quilt. It made me wondering if they change the quilt cover, which all people touch, every day.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank teddybear38
Manly_Pacific_Sydney, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2010

Dear Teddybear38,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay here at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific . I am terribly sorry that you feel so upset and disappointed with your stay with us. Hotel policy as stated in our confirmation letters requires a $50 bond per room per night to cover any incidentals that may occur during your stay. This pre authorisation from your credit card can take up to 10 working days to be released back to you depending on which bank your account is held with.

In regards to the bedding, our housekeeping staff make our beds with a flat sheet on top and underneath the doona rather than using a specific cover as this is considered to be more hygienic and regarded as a standard among four star hotels.

I am very disappointed that you had such an unpleasant experience and I would like to resolve this issue immediately. Please contact me directly on H5462-HR03@accor.com so that I can personally resolve the issue with you.

Reviewed 10 May 2010

This hotel was in a great location with the beach visible from our room. It was a five minute walk from the station and extremely clodse to all the shops, bars and restaurants.
The hotel also has a nice bar. The service was exceptional and the rooms were a good size.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Manly_Pacific_Sydney, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2010

Dear amandeep84,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us last month. Im glad you agree the views from our renovated Ocean View Rooms really are fabulous. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2010

I stayed with my partner in an ocean view room. I was aware that they had been refurbished and the rooms were clean and comfortable, however smaller then I expected. I had previously called and asked to be put on the highest floor if possible, and had a room on the top floor which was excellent for a view of the beach and the heavy balcony doors blocked all street noise when we needed the quiet. We never had any problems with room or bathroom and I really liked being able to check my bill on the TV which was a great feature! It was my birthday and there was a card and cookies in my room which was a nice surprise and friendly touch. We had a king size bed that was so comfortable I didn't want to get up in the morning! I had also asked if it were possible for a late check out and was given a check out of 1pm which was great as our flight wasn't until later that night and staff also happily stored our bags until later in the day.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Help with finding a restaurant, using internet facilities (the free internet in lobby was very helpful) and ferry times were met efficiently and with a smile. We had dinner at The Manly Italian Restaurant which was recommended and fantastic.

We could sit outside in the bar or at breakfast which we loved. Breakfast was a little over priced but still nice. I really enjoyed the bar, which we had a few drinks and snacks at.

On our first night we had gone up to have a look at gym and spa, however all lights were off and we couldn't find a switch to turn them back on but it was not locked or closed off so I don't think it was closed. Facilites were adequate, but nothing special.

I noticed also during the day that one of the lifts had broken down, there was a sign to say that maintenance had been called and what time etc, I thought this was great because you knew exactly what was going on and it was promptly fixed.

Overall we had a lovely relaxing weekend and I would be happy to stay again! I am keen to check out one of the rooms with the courtyard that we could see from our balcony and were a bit jealous of!

A special mention to the girl on the desk with short blonde hair who was very helpful and always smiling!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keentraveller88
Reviewed 27 April 2010

We wanted to stay outside of the CBD and when the Accor group offered their half price hotel rooms, we couldn't say no to this one. An easy train and ferry ride from the airport, followed by a short walk, and we had arrived. Our renovated ocean view room had a spectacular outlook (and the late night people watching was really interesting!). Our room was a standard hotel room with a compact bathroom, big comfy bed, flat screen tv (all the usual expectations were met). There is a day bed on the balcony which is a bit "crunchy" so its nicer to lay a towel or rug on this. Manly is a fantastic area to stay with a beautiful beach and lots of great bars, cafes and restaurants. During the day the area is filled with the fitness fans, families and tourists and we joined them for a walk up and down this spectacular beach. At night time, the younger crowd takes over and there are plenty of places to go for something to eat or drink. I can highly recommend the Manly Wharf Hotel and Phoenix Chinese.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
GM_ManlyPacific, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2010

Dear NW28,
Many thanks for your feedback on your recent stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our renovated Ocean View Rooms and made the most of our fabulous location! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards,