“Verace Pizza Napoletana in Manly? Yup”

De Vita Trattoria Pizzeria
Ranked #48 of 299 Restaurants in Manly
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Houston
“Verace Pizza Napoletana in Manly? Yup”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Yes, you're in Manly... and maybe you're from Napoli or Brindisi or Cattolica and you miss a good quality pizza. This is the place. Start with an Aperol spritz and a plate of fiori di zucca fritti followed by a properly made margherita. Perfect! We went twice and sat outside both times - all Italian staff from Napoli, Milano, Roma, Le Marche... absolutely recommended! Great with families, as well.

1 Thank Brichford

London, England
“Best pizza I've ever had”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just the most amazing pizza here, good red wine too (and it's also BYO if you prefer) . My boyfriend and I go at least once a month and it has literally ruined all other pizza for me as no other place I have ever been to for pizza can hold a candle to it.

The pizza's are made fresh to order and the whole restaurants ethos is simple, traditional and fresh , from what I can tell.

I was livid when I saw that Time Out did a best pizza in Sydney feature recently and it didn't include this place. Bloody negligent!

Anyway, as you can probably tell by now, I REALLY like this place , it's great for lunch, dinner, as a couple, in a group, on your own. Get involved!

2 Thank hayleyredfrog
Sydney, Australia
“Fine for a quick bite”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We popped in for a quick bite on a rainy night and even though the restaurant was fairly empty (two other tables were occupied) and there were either three or four wait staff, it still took a while for one of them to come over and take our order.

The Italian red wine that we had was tasty though and after perusing the menu, we settled on lasagne and the calzone. The food came out in minutes! We weren't complaining though as we were absolutely starving. The lasagne was fine and the calzone was different but nice - I think it was made with ricotta (it was also huge!).

The waitress then seemed very keen to take our plates away (I think I was possibly still eating?!) and then came and asked us straight away whether we wanted dessert. We passed and made our way.

The food and wine were fine for what you pay but I think the slow/quick service mixed with the lack of atmosphere (which is understandable on a rainy Monday night) would mean that I would probably have to visit the restaurant again before I could form a proper opinion. There are a lot of other restaurants to choose from in Manly though.

Roma
“Best pizza ever!!!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I'm italian and I said .....MUST GO HERE!!!
Wonderdul place, great service, good atmosphere and EXCELLENT FOOD!!!!
Original Naples pizza cooked in stone oven ( with original mozzarella!!!! ). Must try the dessert Pastiera Napoletana, amazing taste of Italy. love this place...recommended !

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“No airs or graces.”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Ate here with my daughter a few weeks ago. The food was fab. The pizza base was made in front of me, and cooked in a Pröpper pizza oven.
The staff were really friendly, and it was excellent value for money as well as great quality.
Will certainly be back when I am in the area again.

Visited January 2014