“Bloody awful”

Manly Beach House
Manly Beach House
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Manly
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Room dirty button on flush toilet broken.inconsiderate people next room listening to their laptop all hours.1blanket only over sheet had hairs on it.damp smell in room .reception unattended when checked out .crap service from a crap hotel.stay their at your own risk.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank reddevil1999

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I agree with the Otter reviews. It s really not like a Hotel.
No daily cleaning in the rooms and in the kitchen.
The owner thinks that this is the Job of the guest!
We had 6 nights in a twin bed room. The room was so small, that we hadnt enough space for our lagguage.
After the second night I had bites everywhere on my buddy. I google those bites and found out they were from bedbucks.
I travelled also a lot arround the world, but this never happened to me.
They changed me the mattress.
After telling the owner the problem, he said to me, he never had a problem like this.
Impossible, I told him another customer reported the problem a couple of month before.
We couldn't leave because we paid When we arrived.
After 4 times asking, he gave me a small discount.
I was so happy, When we left this house, it was disgusting.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Thomas1960_15
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We booked one night here for my partners birthday present. I was disappointed as soon as I arrived and saw the room. Not the relaxing escape we were hoping for. We didn't want to stay the night but had to as we had already paid. We left this morning tired with a sore neck and sore back as the beds and pillows weren't comfortable at all. The pillows were too thin. The walls were dirty. There was no fly screen on the window so we couldn't open the Windows for fresh air. No air con or fans. Bathroom was very small with hardly any room to move. They were reasonably clean though. There wasnt enough bedding for a cold night. It was very noisy ALL night basically with people slamming doors, talking loudly, doorbell ringing in the early AM, lots of street noise eg traffic etc. We weren't shown the outdoor sitting area or told anything about the kitchen or lounge area and what is available. We hardly saw the staff but when we did they were nice enough. Overall I wouldn't recommend this accommodation to anyone And was quite disappointed and felt like I had wasted alot of money on crappy accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank allyw85
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Firstly, this is not a hotel, more a shabby hostel for smelly backpackers. The rooms are grotty and there was bed mites. I was also pleased when I went to the kitchen to see cockroaches the size of a dog!! I did not sleep a wink all night due to other people coming and going banging doors, and the walls are paper thin.

But to top it all off when I approached the owner in the morning to politely tell him I wasn't happy about paying.. Wait for it.... $159.00 he yelled at me and told me "never come back" also yelled abuse at my wife who was extremely shaken after the incident. I wished to stay in Manly as it was our anniversary. In the end my wife and I were deplored by the whole ordeal we travelled home and didn't even celebrate.
Final comment... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT EVER EVER EVER STAY THERE!!!!!!!
I have selected one star out of five because I didn't have the option to pick less.
Discussed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Geoff A
Reviewed 7 May 2012

On arrival I couldn't even get someone to open the front door until I phoned to say I was out front. My "room" was a shoebox with an ensuite for which I was slugged $85 per night. Plaster peeling off the wall, a mouldy pillow with no pillowcase & when I complained, the guy said "we have never had mouldy pillows" but grudgingly exchanged it when I showed him. I could not find the bathroom light switch because it was behind the sliding door which was broken & stuck in the open position. The whole place was very noisy with lots of echos. I was told my room would be serviced but it wasn't. Really unfriendly staff. By far & away the worst backpacker I have stayed in anywhere in the world including Asia. A really bad advertisement for Australian hospitality & standards

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank ufoundlou
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed there one weekend and couldn't wait to leave. The room was dirty, small and the street noise was constant throughout the night. There was no view and you did not want to spend any time in the room. They have a communal area that is constantly noisy.

At 1am in the morning we had a group of guys watching soccer that were being noisy. We also had accidently put the charge on the wrong credit card and they would not refund and recharge to the right one. We're totally unfriendly about it.

Do yourself a favour and do not stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Louballs929
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed there 11 days. We were there for doing the australien surf open. the room was dirty. and they never clean our room. The staff was really on the defensive and unfriendly.
the room was over priced and specially for this poor service quality.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manly
Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific
The Sebel Manly Beach
Quest Manly
Quest Manly
#1 of 13 in Manly
Q Station Sydney Harbour National Park Hotel
Ibis Budget St Peters
#1 of 1 in St Peters

Been to Manly Beach House? Share your experiences!