“Doesn't get anymore budget than this!”

Manly Beachside Apartments
Ranked #5 of 12 Speciality Lodging in Manly
Melbourne, Australia
“Doesn't get anymore budget than this!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Booked accommodation after reading mixed reviews. I went with the better reviews thinking I'm not that fussy how bad can it be, really we will sleep, shower and be out for the day. Knowing we paid $130.00 a night I didn't except much, we got less. Had to collect keys from back packers over the road as they are affiliated, walked down long hall to room when I could smell cigarette smoke, this is when I became worried, then I heard music with bass from room beside one I was going in, opened door and all that came out of my husband and my mouth was WOW this is bad. I could smell stale smoke, big fluff/hair ball on carpet, pillow slips stained and balling, stained furniture, broken couch - sagged so much in the middle, had to kill cochroche in kitchen which we were to scared to use, room didn't have air conditioning and was hot when the day temperature was a high of 25, there was a brown rusty stained fan that should be taken out of the room as you wouldn't dare turn it on, shower dripped, windows banged together when shut so you had to slide paper between to sleep. Positives: lady at back backers friendly, location great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lozzyj1911

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Loved it here! It was a very comfortable place to stay and very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. It was nice to have a kitchenette in the room with us and our own bathroom with hot water and great water pressure! We also had a t.v. in the room and free wifi and it was actually pretty spacious. Its also a great location, with only a few minute walk to the ferry or queens cliff or any number of places to eat or shop. If you're looking for something with the price of a hostle but with more privacy and comfort this is definitely a great place to go and I would love to stay with manly beachside apartments if I ever make it back to Australia!

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 26 August 2013

my friends and I stayed here for a little more than 3 months and loved it! the location was amazing, only a few blocks from the ocean, and also a very short walk to the wharf, corso, and grocery. Rooms were kept very clean, my whole time staying there I never even saw one bug! The set up was great. We had our own private bathroom, kitchenette, and tv. The stay was well worth the price and I would definitely recommend it to anyone coming to manly!

• Stayed July 2013
Sale, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The location of this accomodation is fantastic and if you notify them when booking they'll organise you a parking spot (cheaper than paying for street parking and/or a parking fine).
This is what they call "budget accomodation" and for Manly it certainly is. However, for Sydney it was a bit of a rip off. I didn't expect a palace and we only needed a place to sleep rather than a nice place to hang out. But the windows were open upon arrival and it had been raining all day so the bed, bedside, toilet, toilet paper and carpet were soaked.
The linen seemed clean enough but the pillows were barely there and the table in the middle of the room completely obstructed the TV.
Overall, next time I'll stay in the city and catch a ferry across to the otherwise lovely Manly as the accommodation is very poor value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 February 2013

The room was fine, just a little run down - just a bit of maintenance would greatly improve the place. Bedside lamps would be great as well. The soap tray in the shower was broken and the taps dripped - which just about drove me scatty!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Manly hotels

australia
Reviewed 19 January 2013

This is very much budget accommodation but I would stay again. There was a dead cockroach or two (better dead than alive). Worst part was the bathroom directly off the kitchen corner with a door that didn't close properly. OK for one person who can go out for a while when necessary. No good for more than one person.
Best was the location, very close to the beach and the heart of Manly. People were very nice and sheets, crockery etc nice and clean. Would stay again but wouldn't take others there.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank russAustralia
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2012

The room was very dirty. Window sills and surrounds were dirt encrusted. The attached photo shows the large spider web and spider directly above the bed. Windows had no screens or locks. Signs told us to keep them closed to keep pigeons out. There was a filthy pedestal fan in the cupboard. Bathroom door was hanging off, and shower curtain was filthy. Plates in cupboard were dirty with encrusted food.

Staff in the Backpacker hostel where we had to go for the key were extremely offhand and unhelpful.

Room Tip: Check rooms before accepting.