“Great food”

Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Manly
Description: In Situ Manly Bar & Restaurant. We have live Music • Happy Hour • Pizza • Cocktails • Tapas • Coffee & Brunch
Reviewed 21 July 2014

One of the best cafes for breakfast in Manly. Prices are too high (especially with a 10% Sunday surcharge) but food is delicious. Love the corn fritters and eggs benedict!

Coffee isn't the best, and can definitely be improved. Garden courtyard is beautiful but more heating is needed for the tables on the outside corners.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We were visiting from NZ, staying with family. It was decided by my sister to eat at In Situ for lunch. Company consisted of
her husband, their 3 youngsters & my partner. The staff were most accomodating with the need of our young diners. My salt & pepper squid with lime aioli was delicious, although the aioli wasn't that "limey". Pancakes with berries and the big breakfast were ordered round the table. All looked appetising. Funky surroundings, fast, friendly service and great food and coffee made this a great start to our holiday.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Not sure what the waiter's attitude problem was about but ordering a cup of tea is fairly normal in many parts of the world even after 3, "we don't serve tea after 3"... And then the frown of disdain when we ordered two juices because sometimes you just don't feel like a cocktail at 5 in the afternoon (nor a pizza) particularly in an empty bar. There are livelier bars, there are funkier bars try the place a couple of doors down and save on the attitude.

5  Thank Simon B
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I often eat and drink here whether it be brekkie, lunch or dinner. I am always happy. The tapas are so tasty, the salt and pepper squid is my favourite. Breakfast it a little on the pricey side but totally worth it as it's always enjoyable and satisfying. Coffee is good! Service is consistently good over a period of 3 years in and out of here which says a lot about a place I think. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

As a Manly local Insitu is a restaurant I can highly recommend. It is a place where you can go and consistently expect a good meal - unlike so many places where your experience can go up and down!

The setting of the restaurant is quirky and cool. There is seating for everyone with high stools/tables at the front off the corso, tables inside but my favourite is the courtyard out the back which is even heated in winter.

Cocktails are great, the beverage choices extensive, staff chatty and friendly, the food is fantastic. While some may say it's a small menu I think there's something for everybody and they have really good deals on like 2 for 1 mains, $10 breakfasts etc!

Gotta love a restaurant that does sides of potato gems morning or night :)

If you're in Manly and want somewhere that you know will be good then choose Insitu!