“Make your own juice at breakfast”

Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Mascot
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This airport hotel ticks a lot of boxes for us, two double beds in the room mean we can fit our family in without using a rollaway, the parking package means we can drive to Sydney and then fly out for a week, the shuttle bus does the job and the buffet breakfast is yummy especially with fresh juice you make yourself with pre cut ginger, carrots and various fruit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kirsten B
Gareth L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I'm very happy to hear that we tick the boxes for you and your family! We aim to deliver a seamless experience that removes the stress of travel and it appears we have hit the mark for you. Our breakfast buffet is very popular and the fresh juice station is a stand-out of the Holiday Inn breakfast offering around the world...

See you next time!

Gareth Long

Write a ReviewReviews (1,317)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The most convenient hotel I have stayed in for my purposes. The room was large and clean and had everything I needed. Check in was fast as was checkout. Breakfast was a delight with staff eager to please. Only a short walk to the train station for a quick ride into the heart of the city, I will stay here again when I need a hotel convenient to the airport and city.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron B

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the awesome 5-star review! It's great to hear that you found our facilities met your requirements and that our staff looked after you! Our location certainly is one of the best attributes of the hotel and I'm pleased it was convenient for your time in Sydney.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Arrived late in the afternoon and went up to our room. Opened the door and it looked like there had been a party in there the night before. They quickly changed our room and apologised. I then noticed glasses and dining utensils left out in the corridor all night. Rooms were quite stuffy and beds uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Gareth L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Holiday Inn Sydney Airport! Please accept my apologies for the incorrect room allocation, I am glad the team were able to quickly rectify this issue but understand this is not the type of surprise you would want when checking in. The hotel recently had brand new King Koil beds throughout, which is often one of the things we are noted for, so it is a shame the bed was not to your liking.

I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and restore your perception of our hotel.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am writing this review on behalf of my parents who recently stayed at the hotel before going away on holidays.
I booked the room for them and booked 1 queen bed + 1 single, I missed clicking on 3 people in the room and when they arrived the young man on the front desk was quite rude to them about having 3 people in the room and only having paid for 2, my parents were more then happy to pay for the 3rd person.
They also experienced an unhappy shuttle bus driver the next morning who was rude to every passenger on the bus.

No issues with the hotel itself, for the location and quality of product. It is good value for money.

Their stay was on the 24th June.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PotatoG
Gareth L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback on your parents recent stay at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport. I'm pleased to hear they found the facilities and quality of the hotel were up to standard and of value. I will be following up with my team to see why we were not more personable at the front desk, this is unacceptable and I apologise for this.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stay here semi-regulary for work and always find the staff always ready to help from check in to check out. The hotel is clean and quiet and close to amenities.

Room's are spacious and handy with the internet service. Menus have a great selection too.

• Stayed: July 2014
Gareth L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for the awesome review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on Holiday Inn Sydney Airport. I believe it is the staff that make the difference when staying in hotels so it always makes me happy to hear positive feedback about the team. I'm glad that you continue to chose our hotel when you are in Sydney. We have just refreshed the Biggles Bar menu so you'll have to try that on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Good value for the $$$. The only issue is that you have to pay for the hotel shuttle. Otherwise, no complaints!

Very spacious and attractive lobby. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was not included in the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Gareth L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the great review of Holiday Inn Sydney Airport! I'm pleased to hear that you found we provided good value and that you had an enjoyable stay.

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Thanks to a power outage at Sydney airport Virgin put me up in this hotel with a $50 meal voucher for the night.

I was in room 902 overlooking the airport. The room was very clean and comfortable. I switched the lights of and watched the planes come in, very soothing. Hotel staff were very friendly. Restaurants looked good but I did not eat there, I got room service and the food was great.

I cannot comment too much but what I used was of good quality. Still had a bath but the shower had great pressure. 3Gig of internet a day free. Limited Foxtel but like I said, the view was better than the TV. Did not hear the planes much, double glazed windows, and large windows. No microwave.

Recommend staying here.

Room Tip: 902 or anything that faces the airport.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Gareth L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, particularly as your reason for staying was less then desirable! It certainly was chaotic with the power outage at Sydney Terminal 2, we were glad that we could offer some comfort for people to relax until their rescheduled flights.

I hope we see you again under some more positive circumstances!