“Paying for everything”

GreenLeadersSilver level
“Paying for everything”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Paying for almost everything
Coach Service for reaching the airport? 6 Dollars!
Breakfast? 12 or 20 dollars!
Wi-fi? 19 dollars!
Guys at receptions desk no helpful!
The bed was ok and this is the only reason for the 3 stars!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Francesco F
Gareth L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Francesco F

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Sydney Airport. I'm sorry that you found the charges for various services to be outside of your expectations. The majority of the hotels in the Airport precinct utilise a common shuttle service and all charge $6.00 per person; also, our breakfast and internet are very competitively priced and we believe do offer good value for our guests. Can I suggest that you consider our IHG Rewards Club program which offers the benefit of complimentary internet at any of our hotels around the world...

Gareth Long

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Room: was fine, clean enough - we only had a one night stay

Service: while the staff were pleasant we did experience some inconvenient issues. we had a priority club membership and made staff aware at reception upon check in. This meant we got a discounted rate and free breakfast. However we were charged for breakfast at check out (despite being told on check out we had nothing to pay). I only knew because I noticed the charge on my credit card statement later. We called to sort it out and it took two phone calls. They understood their error, it was just annoying having to call while we were on holidays to fix it.

Breakfast: was ok, nothing exciting- did like the juice machine but the chefs worked at snails pace.. my partner requested an omlette and there was no one else waiting and the guy either just didnt make it or forgot. we ended up saying not to worry about it.

Facilities: spa was cold so could not use and sauna needs repairs as half of the hot stones were not heating up..

Won't be rushing back unfortunately

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa D
Gareth L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is pleasing to hear that you found the room comfortable and that the service staff were pleasant. I am disappointed however that we dropped the ball on recognising your inclusions and have inconvenienced you by making these errors. I will have these matters attended to immediately and will also be speaking with our Executive Chef to understand why there was an issue with your eggs to order.

This is not representative of our usual high level of standards, please accept my apologies. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back and rectify your perception of the Holiday Inn Sydney Airport.

Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Been here many times and never had problems with the noice level. They have changed the control system of the room A/C so you can not get it to turn off and get it to remain quiet during the night. I could hear people in the rooms next to me snore. Must have been next to a flight crew with an early flight since the doors that were closed 0355 woke me up since the insulation is not the best. At 0530, noice from water pipes since the early risers take their rightful shower. I am not an insomniac but I am a wreck after a couple of nights here and this has never happened before. I have stayed many times here but I will not come again despite good location, really nice staff, good breakfast, reliable internet. The hotel is worried, access to write reviews on tripadvisor was blocked so I had to write this when I had arrived home...... Wifi is free if you are a member of their bonus system.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south east have great views towards the airport and the sea on the upper floors. The o...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Johan M
Dear Johan M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences from your recent visit to Holiday Inn Sydney Airport. Please accept my personal apologies that your visit did not live up to your previous experiences. It is disappointing to hear that you did not have peaceful nights as this is fundamental to a good hotel experience. I will be following up with my Engineer to investigate the issues you have raised. I can assure you that there has been no structural change to the property so it is surprising that these new issues have arisen.

Thank you for your acknowledgement of the friendly service, convenient location, great breakfast and internet. I can also assure you that it is not possible for us to "block" access for reviews; we would certainly not do this, even if it were possible. We encourage constructive feedback as it allows us to refine the experience we provide for our guests. If you would like to discuss your visit further, please feel free to contact me at gareth.long@ihg.com

Best regards

Mandurah, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I just love this hotel...every time we fly from Perth to Sydney to fly overseas we stay here. Am now an IHG member. Welcomed warmly....free wi-fi....great Biggles bar for food and drinks and a wonderful buffet breakfast. Newly refurbished room........love it. Back again in Nov. Just love that t b e shuttle bus is only 10 mins from the airport. No hassles. Just do it.....

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Liz L
Gareth L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
It is always lovely to receive feedback from our guests that stay with us regularly. Having someone chose our hotel repeatedly is the biggest compliment we can receive! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoy the newly refurbished rooms and that the team in Biggles Bar and Sirocco have been taking care of you. Great to hear also that you have become and IHG Rewards Club member, hopefully you can save up some points and enjoy some free nights..!

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next passing through Sydney.

Kind Regards

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I checked in late (11.00pm) after a long day at work.The gentleman at reception was exceedingly friendly and efficient.I mentioned that I'd like some extra milk capsules and didn't mind waiting a few minutes for them to be arranged so I could take them up to my room.Another gentleman,also at reception,who may possibly have been the on duty manager told me he would bring them up to my room as he was 'going that way'.

Less than 5 minutes after I entered my room,there was a knock at the door and the manager delivered a handful of extra milks,all with a smile.Impressive.

I hadn't eaten for 12 hours,so called reception and arranged an in room meal.That arrived within 15 minutes,delivered by another friendly gentleman with a smile.

Check out the next morning was handled by a friendly and efficient woman,who helpfully suggested that a shuttle bus was leaving for the airport in a few minutes.I bought a ticket to save a walk.

Very impressed by all the staff I encountered during my brief 8 hr stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Phil C
Gareth L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
What a wonderful review of our hotel, thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly believe that a memorable experience is made through great interactions with our people, so it is very pleasing that in such a short amount of time, the team were able to interact with you on a number of occasions. I look forward to sharing your review with my team as they are always excited to hear such positive feedback.

Best regards

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

One of a few hotels in the area that have a package where you can leave your car and collect when you return. The rooms are comfortable with good pillows for that relaxing sleep before your flight and the bar downstairs is an excellent place to meet people travelling.

Room Tip: Have a good breakfast before you depart on that wonderful trip.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Margaret C
Thanks for the fantastic review of Holiday Inn Sydney Airport. The Park, Stay and Go package is very popular with many of our guests and represents great value and a convenient option when you are travelling further afield. Great to hear that you enjoy our breakfast..!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Broadbeach, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Clean and spacious room.
Really comfy beds and pillows. Easy and friendly check-in and check-out.

But...VERY ordinary buffet breakfast ( especially for $20 AUD )
We arrived as the restaurant opened for breakfast and were one of the first people to sample the food. Most of the hot food was already luke-warm and even cold and the scrambled eggs were possibly the worst I have ever had...were even real eggs used!!
To set guests up for an early or long haul flight, I would have assumed that this hotel would care a little more about the quality of the food being served...

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank lifeiscolour
Gareth L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for your review of Holiday Inn Sydney Airport! It's great to hear that you found the check-in and check-out experience to be positive and that you were comfortable in the rooms. Please accept my apologies regarding your breakfast experience. We often receive very good comments about the selection of our buffet so it is particularly disappointing to understand that we were below standards on this occasion. I will follow this up with my team to see what went wrong on this day.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.