“Avoid at all costs”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mascot
Booker Bay, Australia
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight with a group of 18 before flying out to Singapore - and they hopeless.

We had their seafood Buffett at $65.00 per head and it was very ordinary. No condiments, things were frozen, cold food or over cooked. Desert cart no cream, no ice cream - stale and frozen. They also did not have any wine - when we finally found anyone to serve us - they kept coming back saying - no wine, no wine!

So it looks like the Stanford has gone on the wagon!

Anyone can have a bad day - but when I commented they just could not give a continental - and made it very clear they were not interested. Service was just non existent - and when you found someone they were rude and arrogant.

There are plenty of great hotels at Sydney airport / this is just not one of them. I've dropped it from my companies approved listing.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Greg N
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Nealtwo,
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay with us. It is most concerning to read of your overall disappointment with the services you encountered. Rest assured this is certainly not indicative of the high levels of service to which we aim to achieve, and ensure you these issues raised are being addressed accordingly.
I sincerely apologise for the lapse in our standards on this occasion, and would appreciate you contact our Director of Food & Beverage at thegrove@spsa.stamford.com.au to discuss this further and in an effort to assist with your needs in the future.
I thank you for your valuable feedback and do hope you will afford us the opportunity of creating a better impression by welcoming you back to the hotel.
Guy Challis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here for one night in transit.

The room was great - had all the stuff you need, supplies in the bathroom, ironing board, tea making etc and a lovely set of dressing gowns to warm up after stepping out of the shower.

There is a shuttle service to and from the airport about every half hour which cost $6 each way or you can take an easy walk of about 500 metres.

I had dinner in the restaurant downstairs - the service was a bit slow and the food was only OK - nothing to complain about but nothing to get excited about either, it really is just convenient.

I also took the offer of the cheaper breakfast ($22 if you buy at check in) $28 usual price. Again nothing special to write home about - the typical fare at these buffet style places and only reason I would return is because it's convenient.

You could do so much more guys - a bit more make to order, a bit more light so you can read the paper and warm the plates - my breaky was cold when I got back to the table.

All up a great place to sleep - but unless you are trapped, research another nosherie!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Geoff W
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear GeoffAWard,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us whilst in transit. I appreciate you sharing your review of the hotel and pleased you found the room most comfortable and relaxing.
I have noted your constructive comments regarding the restaurant and rest assured these have beend addressed accordingly with our Director of Food & Beverage and Executive Chef.
We are committed to providing the highest level of service and delivery, along with guest satisfaction, and hope you will afford us the opportunity of welcoming you back to experience our marked improvments when next you travel to Sydney.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. Well appointed and good size rooms. Bathrooms are fine and the beds were very comfortable. The sound proofing is very good and I had a excellent night's sleep. I used the shuttle bus to and from the airport for only $6 which starts very early in the morning. I would recommend this if you need to be near the airport

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank JKLABAUS
Dear Jklabaus,
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate your positve comments and most pleased you found the facilities most comfortable and convenient.
Thank you again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed at the Stamford for two nights and hosted an event on the second night in one of the function rooms.
The hotel is fine, I was upgraded to a Deluxe room on Level 12, which had a great view of the airport, so I could get distracted by watching the planes take off and land!It is one of the more expensive hotels at the airport, but it is very comfortable, and is directly across from the airport.

Room Tip: Airport side and as high up as possible gives you a unique view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sallymagpie
Dear Sallymagpie,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, as well as hosting your event in our function room. We are not a typical airport hotel and offer many facilities to suit every guests' needs.
I am pleased you enjoyed the comfort of the room and the amazing views of the planes, and trust your event was successful.
I look forward to the pleasue of welcoming you back to Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport in the near future.
Hayward, California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We took the train to Mascot train station and walked a few blocks to the hotel.

Tired from traveling all day and going through Customs so we welcomed our double bed Superior room.

Took the train into Sydney for more souvenir shopping and my favorite – to eat at great restaurants.

Ate at the Lobby Bar for breakfast to catch our early Qantas flight. Took the Airport shuttle back to the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Flounder B
Dear Flounder B,
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your review of your stay with us.I am pleased we could accommodate you after your long flight and you enjoyed our comfortable rooms.
I trust you had a great holiday and look forward to welcoming you back on your next travel ventures.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is an airport hotel so we were surprised to arrive just after 10pm to find all the restaurants closed so we were forced to order off the more expensive room service menu! The room was standard, clean but nothing special, It's 2014 and still no free wireless!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Elizabeth G,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I have noted your constructive comments in which we will review these accordingly.
I trust you had an enjoyable trip and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back should your travels bring you to Sydney in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent Service & Price - Cant say enough... The staff were prompt in any action I requested & food was excellent quality.

Dont miss any chance to stay there when next you travel to Sydney. Keep up the good service STAMFORD CREW...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kosta S
Matthew_Horvat_SPSA, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Kosta S,
Thank you taking the time to share your review of your recent stay with us. I am most delighted that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and it is pleasing to read you received exceptional customer service from our staff and found the food of excellent quality.
I appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Matthew Horvat