“Weekend accommadation for Vivid”

Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Mascot
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and i stayed at the Stamford Plaza hotel at Mascot, for 1 night only. We found the hotel very clean, the staff were polite and helpful. It was value for money.The continental breakfast was excellent with anything you could want for breakfast and if they did not have it you could ask for it and they would quickly cook it for you.
The only thing which we did not like was when we went down the basement to the carpark we found out that we were going to be charged a fee for parking overnight, which was not mentioned in the brochure.
So I would recommend the Stamford Plaza at Mascot but if you are working on a budget don't forget to add a parking fee of $25.00 per day to park your car or if you are planning to take your car anywhere you have to pay to get your car out each time you park there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Weekend-traveller13,
It is pleasing to read you had an enjoyable stay with us, and our staff are very appreciative of your recognition of their excellent service.
In relation to our car parking, I advise that if a guest is staying overnight in the hotel, the maximum parking fee is $25 and this allows taking the car in and out numerous times. This however needs to be mentioned to reception in order to validate the parking ticket.
Thank you for taking the time to share your review and trust you had a lovely night experiencing the amazing lights at Vivid. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stopped over at the hotel on our way to South America. The check in and general service was very good, the staff were very helpful and the airport shuttle was well organised and on time. A good choice of restuarants and bars. Would definitely use the hotel again.

Dear Kenfifer,
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience of your recent stay with us. It is most pleasing to read you enjoyed your stay and found our services and facilities of excellent standard.
I trust you had a great trip and l look forward to welcoming you back when next you are travelling abroad.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The bed is too soft or the spring is out of order. I asked to change, but it is refused.

I cannot sleep whole night. So i only can sleep on the floor carpet.

2  Thank JamesYoung104

Dear JamesYoung104,
I am most sorry to read of your restless sleep due to our beds, and regret that we were not able to move you due to full occupancy. I do advise that our beds are very new and we have always had positive comments on how comfortable they are, even some guests requesting for the brand name in order to purchase them!
I appreciate your feedback and do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back should you be travelling to Sydney in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Fantastic hotel only 10 minutes from the international airport. Check in was extremely quick and friendly. We had room service, a little pricey but the food was great. Room was larger than expected, very clean and a decent size bathroom. Car parking was $25 overnight which is reasonable. Most definitely stay here again.

Dear Cathy W,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time in sharing your review. I am delighted to hear of your enjoyable stay and you found our services and facilities up to standard.
I appreciate your positve feedback and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight with a group of 18 before flying out to Singapore - and they hopeless.

We had their seafood Buffett at $65.00 per head and it was very ordinary. No condiments, things were frozen, cold food or over cooked. Desert cart no cream, no ice cream - stale and frozen. They also did not have any wine - when we finally found anyone to serve us - they kept coming back saying - no wine, no wine!

So it looks like the Stanford has gone on the wagon!

Anyone can have a bad day - but when I commented they just could not give a continental - and made it very clear they were not interested. Service was just non existent - and when you found someone they were rude and arrogant.

There are plenty of great hotels at Sydney airport / this is just not one of them. I've dropped it from my companies approved listing.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Greg N
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Nealtwo,
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay with us. It is most concerning to read of your overall disappointment with the services you encountered. Rest assured this is certainly not indicative of the high levels of service to which we aim to achieve, and ensure you these issues raised are being addressed accordingly.
I sincerely apologise for the lapse in our standards on this occasion, and would appreciate you contact our Director of Food & Beverage at thegrove@spsa.stamford.com.au to discuss this further and in an effort to assist with your needs in the future.
I thank you for your valuable feedback and do hope you will afford us the opportunity of creating a better impression by welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here for one night in transit.

The room was great - had all the stuff you need, supplies in the bathroom, ironing board, tea making etc and a lovely set of dressing gowns to warm up after stepping out of the shower.

There is a shuttle service to and from the airport about every half hour which cost $6 each way or you can take an easy walk of about 500 metres.

I had dinner in the restaurant downstairs - the service was a bit slow and the food was only OK - nothing to complain about but nothing to get excited about either, it really is just convenient.

I also took the offer of the cheaper breakfast ($22 if you buy at check in) $28 usual price. Again nothing special to write home about - the typical fare at these buffet style places and only reason I would return is because it's convenient.

You could do so much more guys - a bit more make to order, a bit more light so you can read the paper and warm the plates - my breaky was cold when I got back to the table.

All up a great place to sleep - but unless you are trapped, research another nosherie!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Geoff W
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear GeoffAWard,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us whilst in transit. I appreciate you sharing your review of the hotel and pleased you found the room most comfortable and relaxing.
I have noted your constructive comments regarding the restaurant and rest assured these have beend addressed accordingly with our Director of Food & Beverage and Executive Chef.
We are committed to providing the highest level of service and delivery, along with guest satisfaction, and hope you will afford us the opportunity of welcoming you back to experience our marked improvments when next you travel to Sydney.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. Well appointed and good size rooms. Bathrooms are fine and the beds were very comfortable. The sound proofing is very good and I had a excellent night's sleep. I used the shuttle bus to and from the airport for only $6 which starts very early in the morning. I would recommend this if you need to be near the airport

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank JKLABAUS

Dear Jklabaus,
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate your positve comments and most pleased you found the facilities most comfortable and convenient.
Thank you again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.