Stayed at this hotel on the weekend for 2 nights. Rooms nice and comfortable and quiet. Room service menu, way overpriced. They are definitely taking advantage of the fact that there is no other places to eat around the hotel! We got the shuttle to the airport early in the morning, and I think it was quiet expensive to pay $6 per person for a one way transfer that is less than a 5 minute drive! This should be complementary if you are staying more than 2 nights!
Had the buffet at the restaurant on Friday night, and it was terrible. I made a booking online on the hotel website for 7pm, and when I got downstairs, they said I had no booking, even though I had a confirmation email. He said they couldn't accommodate me at a table and said I can eat at the bar. Well that just isn't good enough for a Samford Hotel when I made a booking for a table! He then offered me to sit at the bar, and gave me a complementary drink until a table was free. I was waiting for about 10 minutes, so it wasn't that bad.
It's suppose to be a seafood buffet, apparently. They only had cold prawns, bugs and mussels.... oh and 1 oyster!! Bugs were frozen and had to wait for them to defrost on my plate. All of the seafood was cold, and nothing hot was offered. What about people that don't eat cold seafood?? The salad was nothing to rave about either. The hot buffet, well wasn't even worth looking at. The hot food looked like it had been sitting there for hours and looked all dried up. They had roast beef and roast pork, which was the only eatable thing. I like hot spicy food, but the curry they had you couldn't even eat it was that hot! And rice that was so overcooked it was horrible and stuck together.
We went the following night for dinner as well, as we had an early flight in the morning and nowhere else to eat around the area. Once again, we made a booking on the hotel website and once again they didn't have our booking.
This time we ordered from menu, and the food was pretty good. Looked at the buffet, and for a Sunday night, long weekend, nothing was left! The only seafood they had were a couple of prawns and bugs.... nothing else!! Can't call that a seafood buffet!!!
If they are going to offer a buffet to international and local guest, they need to take a good look at the food and what they are serving up!! Definitely not worth the $65.00 for 'seafood buffet'!!
I am in travel and book a lot of transit hotels in Sydney for clients, and to see this buffet was very disappointing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sydney's Best Airport Hotel as awarded for five consecutive years by Skytrax. Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport Hotel is your best luxury accommodation in Sydney. Located directly opposite the Domestic Terminal and minutes from the International terminal. It's the ideal business base for you to meet or discover all that Sydney has to offer - just 20 minutes drive from the Central Business District, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House and the Royal Botanic Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport Hotel Mascot
- Stamford Plaza Hotel Sydney