“Perfection!”

Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Mascot
Reviewed 19 June 2014

After an ungodly early morning flight, we were so pleased with the courtesy bus service from the airport to the hotel. We were then placed into our room immediately and greeted with modern decoration and wonderful comfort. Amazing service from the staff and fabulous room service menu. Even though we were right next to the Airport we could not hear a peep from any of the air traffic. All in all the only downside I could possibly say is that we didn't get to stay any longer then our 2 nights. Loved it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Jennifer B,
It is always pleasing to read of our guests enjoying the services and facilities the hotel has to offer. We take pride in ensuring high standards and guest satisfaction, and our staff are very appreciative of your recognition of their amazing service.
The hotel is perfect for that early morning flight with our comfortable, spacious and sound-proof rooms. Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for a longer stay in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

A very upmarket spot to stay within a stones throw to the airport. Big spacious room extremely well presented. Great gym facilities with pool, sauna & spa too. Worked covered fees
So not sure if price/ value for
Money. Very convenient for next leg of flying...

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Iamcharlie7,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport. I am most delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us and found our facilities of excellent standard.
Thank you for your positive feedback and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for one night before flying out early the following morning. Reviews on tripadviser were generally favorable and wotif provided a good rate booking 2 months out.

We walked from the Mascot train station, about 15mins easy walking.

Check-in went smoothly and we booked our transfer to the airport for the following morning.
A note with the transfers, they go to domestic first then international so factor that in.

Had a quick look at the gym/pool, both looked good.

Room was spacious and clean and most importantly, quiet. The only outside noise was a faint rumble from a freight train passing directly below the hotel.

Good view of the runways and aircraft while your having a cuppa.

We did not use the restaurants but walked back towards the train station for Subway and picked up some snacks at the mini-mart next door.

My only gripe is that WiFi was expensive, and there was no free alternative in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Newtocruises,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review. I am pleased to read you had a good stay and found the rooms spacious and quiet, whilst enjoying the airport view. I have taken onboard your constructive comments regarding Wifi charges in which we will review accordingly. I do advise however that we offer 1/2 hour free Wifi in the Lobby area to all our guests.
I appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming back to Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport on your next travel venture.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you are looking to stay near Sydney Airport this is the place to be. Only a five minute bus ride either way at a reasonable rate. Clean, comfortable rooms were slightly let down by the exorbitant meal prices.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon O
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Simon O,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read you had a comfortable stay and found the hotel in a convenient location for your needs. I have also taken onboard your comments regarding the meal prices in which we will review accordingly.
Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel on the weekend for 2 nights. Rooms nice and comfortable and quiet. Room service menu, way overpriced. They are definitely taking advantage of the fact that there is no other places to eat around the hotel! We got the shuttle to the airport early in the morning, and I think it was quiet expensive to pay $6 per person for a one way transfer that is less than a 5 minute drive! This should be complementary if you are staying more than 2 nights!

Had the buffet at the restaurant on Friday night, and it was terrible. I made a booking online on the hotel website for 7pm, and when I got downstairs, they said I had no booking, even though I had a confirmation email. He said they couldn't accommodate me at a table and said I can eat at the bar. Well that just isn't good enough for a Samford Hotel when I made a booking for a table! He then offered me to sit at the bar, and gave me a complementary drink until a table was free. I was waiting for about 10 minutes, so it wasn't that bad.

It's suppose to be a seafood buffet, apparently. They only had cold prawns, bugs and mussels.... oh and 1 oyster!! Bugs were frozen and had to wait for them to defrost on my plate. All of the seafood was cold, and nothing hot was offered. What about people that don't eat cold seafood?? The salad was nothing to rave about either. The hot buffet, well wasn't even worth looking at. The hot food looked like it had been sitting there for hours and looked all dried up. They had roast beef and roast pork, which was the only eatable thing. I like hot spicy food, but the curry they had you couldn't even eat it was that hot! And rice that was so overcooked it was horrible and stuck together.

We went the following night for dinner as well, as we had an early flight in the morning and nowhere else to eat around the area. Once again, we made a booking on the hotel website and once again they didn't have our booking.

This time we ordered from menu, and the food was pretty good. Looked at the buffet, and for a Sunday night, long weekend, nothing was left! The only seafood they had were a couple of prawns and bugs.... nothing else!! Can't call that a seafood buffet!!!

If they are going to offer a buffet to international and local guest, they need to take a good look at the food and what they are serving up!! Definitely not worth the $65.00 for 'seafood buffet'!!

I am in travel and book a lot of transit hotels in Sydney for clients, and to see this buffet was very disappointing!

Room Tip: Great for a quick transit hotel. Not worth paying for the buffet
1  Thank amanda19_76_23

Dear Amanda19_76_23

Thank you for your valuable feedback of your experience during your recent stay with us. It is most concerning to read of your disappointment with our seafood buffet. This is certainly not indicative of our usual high standards to which we aim to achieve and rest assured I have brought all the issues you raised to the attention of our Director of Food & Beverage and Executive Chef to address accordingly and ensure these do not reoccur. We will also review our online booking system and our room service menu.

I sincerely apologise for the lapse in our standards on this occasion and do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Made the mistake of taking my family to the buffet dinner here. We paid through the nose for this pleasure and was totally disappointed as the service was horrible and slow, the chairs are filthy and in desperate need of being changed and they can't seem to label their food correctly either (I was a little concerned that the tomato soup was orange). It used to be a great place to go, so I don't know what has happened !

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Mon M

Dear Mon M,

I appreciate you taking the time in sharing your review of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologise for the poor service you encountered in the restaurant and this has been adddressed accordingly with our Director of Food & Beverage to ensure further training is undertaken by our staff members.

I take this opportunity to also advise that the restaurant will be undergoing a refurbishment as part of our ongoing hotel upgrade project. I trust you will see a marked imporvement on your next stay with us.

Thank you you again for your valuable feedback and I hope to have the pleasure of seeing you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and i stayed at the Stamford Plaza hotel at Mascot, for 1 night only. We found the hotel very clean, the staff were polite and helpful. It was value for money.The continental breakfast was excellent with anything you could want for breakfast and if they did not have it you could ask for it and they would quickly cook it for you.
The only thing which we did not like was when we went down the basement to the carpark we found out that we were going to be charged a fee for parking overnight, which was not mentioned in the brochure.
So I would recommend the Stamford Plaza at Mascot but if you are working on a budget don't forget to add a parking fee of $25.00 per day to park your car or if you are planning to take your car anywhere you have to pay to get your car out each time you park there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Weekend-traveller13,
It is pleasing to read you had an enjoyable stay with us, and our staff are very appreciative of your recognition of their excellent service.
In relation to our car parking, I advise that if a guest is staying overnight in the hotel, the maximum parking fee is $25 and this allows taking the car in and out numerous times. This however needs to be mentioned to reception in order to validate the parking ticket.
Thank you for taking the time to share your review and trust you had a lovely night experiencing the amazing lights at Vivid. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.