“Very Good”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mascot
Armidale, Australia
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here for one night prior to an overseas holiday. The location, of course, is perfect for an airport stay whether international or domestic. The service was excellent and our room was clean and quite.
Not quite excellent all round on account of the hotel restaurant. The menu was reasonably priced but average in choice, freshness and presentation.
We would stay at the Stamford again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rhys and Larysa H
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Rhys and Larysa

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read you had a comfortable stay and found the hotel in a convenient location for your needs. I am most delighted that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and it is pleasing to read you received exceptional customer service from our staff.
I appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Guy Challis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Korean first
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Very convenient to the international terminal which was our destination early next morning. The hotel is good condition given the probable age of the property. Our room was comfortable and we weren't disturbed overnight by any outside noise. We had an a la carte dinner in their restaurant (you are a captive audience there as there is nothing much else nearby) and food was fine without being anything special. Hotel staff were good and happy to help with any queries

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oztraveller52
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Oztraveller52,
Thank you for sharing a review of your recent stay with us. It is delightful to read our staff were able to assist with your enquiries and you had a comfortable night, especially for that early morning flight!
I trust you have a great trip and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next travel venture.
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I parked in the hotel underground car park and had seafood buffet at this hotel tonight. Due to the design of the car park some people gets parked in so people are asked to hand their car keys to the concierge. When I tried to hand my keys to the concierge, a staff with an Indian appearance asked for the number on the car spot I park at. I wasn't aware of having to remember the number, so I tried to tell him that my car parked at B2 orange aisle and I was going to give him my rego and describe the car I parked in.

However, I was so shocked that I was not even able to get a second word in. I was repeatedly interrupted by this staff that he didn't want to know anything but the number on the car spot I parked at. The attitude I received was never seen elsewhere. Certainly not from a hotel staff anywhere I've been to in my life!

When I made it to the front desk at the seafood buffet, stood in front of another staff with an Indian appearance for about 30 seconds. He finally said to me "just a moment", didn't even look at me or greet at me the whole time I was in front of him. I finally received the first hello from anyone worked at this hotel when another staff ticked my name off the booking list.

The buffet......was disappointing however no as disappointing as the service. Seats are old and dirty. My water only got refilled twice, so I was thirsty for the second half of my dinner. Everytime I thanked the waitress who took my dirty plates away, I never got a response from her or saw an expression change from her cold hard face.

All in all, what a shocking place! My aunty has booked this hotel for her Sydney visit in 2 weeks. I will warn her to always remember the car spot number and do not try the seafood buffet, or maybe book another hotel is a safer option?

6 Thank Jgreen87
Dear Jgreen87,
It is most concerning to read your review of your disappointment with your recent stay. We take comments like these extremely serious at the hotel, and as such I have followed up on the issues you raised with our Rooms Division Manager and Director of Food & Beverage to address accordingly and ensure further training in customer service is undertaken by the relevant staff members. Rest assured this is certainly not indicative of the high levels of service to which we aspire and I apologise for the lapse in our standards on this occasion.
We are committed to providing the highest level of service and delivery, and your feedback is truly valuable to allow us to review our quality of service and product. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I do hope you afford us the opportunity of creating a better impression by welcoming you back in the near future.
Havelock North, NZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Reasonable Value for money accommodation, adjacent to Sydney Airport.
Shuttle Bus service provided for International passengers from Hotel to Airport. Concierge stated 'There is no charge' for our Hotel Clients.....Desk Clerk thought otherwise and charged our VISA Account!! Very quick to slip in extra charges!! Had to telephone twice to sort out a refund but a good result in the end.

Room Tip: On 8th floor, with pleasant view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear John L,
Thank you for your valuable feedback of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read of the mix-up with the Shuttle Bus charges, however glad it was all sorted in the end.
I am pleased your found the hotel comfortable and convenient, and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back when next your visit Sydney.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

After an ungodly early morning flight, we were so pleased with the courtesy bus service from the airport to the hotel. We were then placed into our room immediately and greeted with modern decoration and wonderful comfort. Amazing service from the staff and fabulous room service menu. Even though we were right next to the Airport we could not hear a peep from any of the air traffic. All in all the only downside I could possibly say is that we didn't get to stay any longer then our 2 nights. Loved it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jennifer B,
It is always pleasing to read of our guests enjoying the services and facilities the hotel has to offer. We take pride in ensuring high standards and guest satisfaction, and our staff are very appreciative of your recognition of their amazing service.
The hotel is perfect for that early morning flight with our comfortable, spacious and sound-proof rooms. Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back for a longer stay in the near future.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

A very upmarket spot to stay within a stones throw to the airport. Big spacious room extremely well presented. Great gym facilities with pool, sauna & spa too. Worked covered fees
So not sure if price/ value for
Money. Very convenient for next leg of flying...

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Iamcharlie7,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport. I am most delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us and found our facilities of excellent standard.
Thank you for your positive feedback and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for one night before flying out early the following morning. Reviews on tripadviser were generally favorable and wotif provided a good rate booking 2 months out.

We walked from the Mascot train station, about 15mins easy walking.

Check-in went smoothly and we booked our transfer to the airport for the following morning.
A note with the transfers, they go to domestic first then international so factor that in.

Had a quick look at the gym/pool, both looked good.

Room was spacious and clean and most importantly, quiet. The only outside noise was a faint rumble from a freight train passing directly below the hotel.

Good view of the runways and aircraft while your having a cuppa.

We did not use the restaurants but walked back towards the train station for Subway and picked up some snacks at the mini-mart next door.

My only gripe is that WiFi was expensive, and there was no free alternative in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Newtocruises,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review. I am pleased to read you had a good stay and found the rooms spacious and quiet, whilst enjoying the airport view. I have taken onboard your constructive comments regarding Wifi charges in which we will review accordingly. I do advise however that we offer 1/2 hour free Wifi in the Lobby area to all our guests.
I appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming back to Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport on your next travel venture.