“Location, location”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Mascot
Sydney, Australia
“Location, location”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel is well located for a very early flight from the airport. We didn't arrive until 9pm, and at that point there was no food available and we had to go next door to get a drink. The room was quiet and comfortable, so we were able to get a few hours sleep.

While the rooms are nice, the fact that this is primarily an airport hotel should mean that services can be provided at less conventional hours. The staff didn't give us the option for self parking, so the charge for 8 hours parking was $40, instead of the $25 per day indicated on the hotel website. If you are looking for a great room, this is the place, but the service is limited.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travelhappy15

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We chose this hotel because of its close proximity to the airport as we had an early International flight the next day.
Check in was a breeze, staff were great, the concierge very helpful. The room was better than expected, quite lux considering the price (through Last minute.com)
Very clean, well equipped room and bathroom.
The restaurant and bar was a bonus too with great atmosphere. The restaurant menu didn't thrill me (very eclectic) but what we did order was beautifully cooked and served.
Had a great nights sleep and didn't hear a thing till the alarm went off. We skipped breakfast due to the early hour and caught the shuttle to the terminal although at $6 pp we could have had our own cab for that and not had to go via the domestic terminal. All in all I was very pleased and highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travelbugs860
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Travelbugs860,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review. I am very happy to hear that you had a relaxing night, especially before your long flight early in the morning! I am also delighted you found our staff very helpful, and enjoyed the room, restaurant & bar.
It is always a pleasure when we can make our guest's experience with us memorable, and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back when next you visit Sydney.

Albury, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed one night before an international flight. Booked the park and fly package which gave me 7 days car parking and a free shuttle to and from the airport. Great value for money. The hotel was of a very high standard and staff were friendly and very helpful. Enjoyed happy hour and dinner in the restaurant which was a friendly relaxed atmosphere and excellent value. It made my night before travel extremely relaxed and enjoyable

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue H
Dear Sue H,

Thank you for taking advantage of our Park & Fly Package and sharing your review. It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel and you enjoyed happy hour and dinner in the restaurant. I also appreciate your compliments of our staff offering excellent service.
I trust you had a great journey abroad and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We were warmly welcomed by both the concierge and front desk staff. Our request for adjoining rooms was easily taken care of. We had rooms on the 8th floor, overlooking the domestic airport - fabulous views if you are a plane spotter. Rooms were both spacious and comfortable - plus they are very well insulated from airport noise. Room service was prompt and of a nice quality. Shower was good with good water pressure. Very happy here and will stay again. Thank you.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Snowyfriend
Dear Snowyfriend,

Thank you for sharing your review of your wonderful stay with us. I a most delighted to read you were happy with the hotel, from the warm welcome by our concierge and reception to the fabulous views, room facilities and prompt service.
Thank you once again and look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Virginia
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night prior to an international flight. Gorgeous hotel, immaculately clean and after a long day, Sarah at reception was just a joy: check in was smooth and easy and done in five minutes.
The room was very quiet, and blackout curtains gave us a sleep in. Full size bath and good water pressure. Full size iron and board. Only a small blow dryer, but that's the only drawback.
There's an iPod docking station as the bedside clock, no good for my Samsung but a nice touch.
We paid for the buffet brekky and while we probably didn't eat our money's worth, it was much nicer having a quiet luxurious breakfast than scrambling around the international airport. The shuttle bus was on time and very convenient.
Can't fault this hotel, it's a lovely quiet oasis between flights and the staff were wonderful to us.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank 646Lisa_M646
Dear 646Lisa-M646,

Thank you for staying with us prior to your long flight, and sharing your review. It is wonderful to read you found our services and facilities of high standard. Our staff are also honoured by your kind words and are delighted that they made your stay enjoyable.
I trust you had a pleasant journey and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back when next you visit Sydney.

Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I used this hotel as a good close based for my family trip overseas. I was staying with 3 young children alone. upon my return I realised that although I had thought I had left my car key with the hotel I must have taken it with me. for the life of me I couldn't find it and the kids were exhausted and wanting to go home. one had been sick, one was asleep on the floor and another realised he had left his ipad on the plane. the staff were amazing. one lodged a lost property report with the airline for me immediately whilst another looked on CTV to see if they could see what I did woth the key. they took us to a quiet room and put the TV on for the kids whilst I tried to find the key. the hotel was booked out as was every other hotel in Sydney. They tried hire cars and limo drivers. eventually another family member helped for the night and my sister in law caught a train to help with the spare key (hotel had helped me try NRMA and locksmiths with no luck). when I arrived with the key .... yes, you guessed it. car wouldn't start. they helped again with NRMA and much kindness. I will always stay here. rooms amazing, food excellent. but you cant find that kindness everywhere. a special thanks to the young man from Cambridge who was especially generous and kind.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank devines02
Guy_Challis_GM, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear devines02

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time in sharing your review of the hotel. It is most wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay and your received quality service from our staff. roo
Thank you for highly recommending us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Armidale, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here for one night prior to an overseas holiday. The location, of course, is perfect for an airport stay whether international or domestic. The service was excellent and our room was clean and quite.
Not quite excellent all round on account of the hotel restaurant. The menu was reasonably priced but average in choice, freshness and presentation.
We would stay at the Stamford again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine.