“Excellent for the airport”

Ibis Sydney Airport
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Mascot
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have stayed at the Ibis several times prior to international travel and/or picking up family from early morning international flights - and it has always been great and we have reviewed it previously. But I think I need to review it again as I have stayed there twice this week and both times were great. The rooms are functional but with very very comfortable beds. The reception and dining area has been renovated/updated and is very nice. I accidentally took home a hair dryer earlier in the week and phoned to let them know that I would bring it back as I was booked in again 2 days later. The person I spoke to on the phone was not only understanding but also appreciative of my phone call. Needless to say I returned it and was thanked for my honesty. We needed to park a car but only for approximately 2 hours and were not charged for this. Overnight parking is only $14 which is very very reasonable considering other charges at Sydney airport!!
Shuttle to the international airport is $6 per person and is reliable and easy way to get there.
Importantly food and coffee are available from 5.30am - 10.30pm which is a plus as even on the airport some hotels only serve breakfast from 6.30am
The Ibis is not somewhere I would go for a holiday but for travelling I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Thank you to all staff who are friendly, accommodating and never flustered.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bethie
Pamela M, Manager at Ibis Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Bethie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to be so thorough in your review. I don't think you have missed anything. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team and we look forward to having such an honest guest stay with us anytime in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,837)

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The beds and pillows are soo comfortable, bathroom clean and like a space dome, room clean but small , restaurant bustling and Rebecca looks after you, great service and food at great prices. Would stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Therese,

I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed our new ibis Sweet Beds and pillows. I totally agree that these are SO comfortable.

I will be sure to also pass on your comments to Rebecca who is our F&B Supervisor.

See you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed here a few times now but not previously reviewed. There have been a few cosmetic changes around reception since my last stay. The great advantage of this hotel is its location to the domestic airport terminal - you can walk it in 15 minutes or a $12 cab fare. It is standard Ibis standard, complete with the fibreglass pod bathroom ensuite which is functional. the bed was comfortable, however beacuse it caters to airplane clients there are people coming and going at all hours and it can be noisy.

Staff are friendly - but when I asked for a wakeup call at 4:15 AM and the knock on the door came at 4:32 AM, it was a good thing I had also set my phone alarm. And then the taxi I asked to be booked at 4:45 AM to get to the international terminal (a very long walk or $20 cab fare) hadn't arrived by 4:55 AM so I had to find my own taxi. Good thing I got up at 4:15. My advice - don't rely on the hotel for such important issues as wakeup calls and cab bookings.

However $125 is a lot cheaper than the $250 or more charged by the 4star+ hotels that are also in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rogre
Pamela M, Manager at Ibis Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stays at ibis Sydney Airport. I am glad that you enjoy the facilities within the hotel but am concerned with your wake up call not being done on time. I will discuss this with our front office team as this is an automated system. Unfortunately the taxi service is a little out of our control but we endeavour to have a taxi at the hotel for our guests wherever possible.

We hope to welcome you here again in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Had a very good night stay at ibis when I had an overnight stopover in sydney. Checking in and out was fine. The staff handled rude guests with very trite complaints with sincerity and constructive helpfulness. Rooms are clean and functional including ironing facilities. Buffet breakfast was included and the stay was pretty good value overall. As usual in Australian hotels, internet was expensive. I'd choose this hotel again for my next stopover in sydney.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Phillip,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would chose ibis Sydney Airport again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here last night 24/6/14 and found this to be very convenient for our trip back to Tasmania this morning. The reception staff are exceptionally helpful and well trained. The en suite room itself is small but spotlessly clean. A nice touch is a "pillow menu" and new pillows were promptly delivered by efficient staff... The rooms contain alarm clocks, flat screen tvs, iron/boards, extra duvets etc. The bathroom the usual complimentary shampoos and conditoners etc. Tea/coffee making equipment and a bar fridge.
The wake up call this morning was punctual with a final personal knock at the door.
The shuttle bus was on time and well run with a friendly and helpful driver. We caught the 5.30am bus and were delivered at the domestic terminal at 5.45am.
Breakfasts were available from 5.30am together with free newspapers.
My husband had soup in the restaurant last night and felt the prices were exceptionally fair.
A great convenient stop over, thanks guys for being so efficient and friendly!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pademelonsammie,

Thank you for your recent review outlining our facilities at Ibis Sydney Airport. I couldn't have said it any better. The information you provided was perfect. See you next time you are traveling to Sydney.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Bed and pillow are excellent, small and very clean room, good location for an early flight. That said, it is noisy: people chatting and running in the corridors during the night, very thin walls: TV and conversation in room next to me woke me up, very noisy pipework resulting in waking up when the person in the room above me decided to have a shower in the middle of the night. Charging 22 dollars for 24 h internet access is also just not a reasonable price. There is also a 2h formula, but you have to use it in one block. And there is 30 min free WIFI at reception, but I accidently closed the window after 5 minutes and reception refused to provide me with an additional voucher. Poor service: long queue to check in, was put on hold and forgotten when I called reception.
Won't stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Katinka D

Dear Katinka D,

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I was most upset to read that there were some noise issues experienced during your stay and I will be discussing your issues further with the team here at ibis Sydney Airport. It is my hope that next time you are in Sydney that you will give us another chance to prove that we are an ideal hotel choice for being close to the domestic and international terminals.