“Nice place”

Ibis Sydney Airport
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Mascot
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Good service, however understaffed in the kitchen. During breakfast:
- no cutlery
- no coffee mugs
- food tray empty.
- dirty tables, no one to clean.

Good point
-on site parking for $14
-friendly staff

We came back from Fiji trip, may be we were expecting too much? :)

Stayed: August 2014
Pamela M, Manager at Ibis Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the breakfast service and food on offer wasn't up to our normal standard. We have a great winter special available at the moment which includes breakfast which is why the restaurant is super busy during this time. I am sorry that we couldn't provide you with better service and hope that you can give us another chance to prove that we can satisfy your needs. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance when making a future booking.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I arrived late from a domestic flight and left on an early international flight. I wanted an affordable hotel close to the airport that had a room larger than a stable, easy to use transfers and a bathroom that a average size fella can turn around in.

I found that the Ibis did all of these things. The transfer from the domestic was a breeze, I was in the hotel room within 35 mins of landing (don't take this as the norm as many variables can affect this), checkin was easy and the room a pleasant surprise.

My room was functional, the tv worked, it had an iron and board (yay!) and the bathroom whilst being a pod in the room was of a good size.. Shower was also which is rare.

My room overlooked the main road which I know is very busy 24/7 but I didn't hear a thing... Very good soundproofing.

I didn't try the kitchen but the food looked nice and was a good price. Open till 10.30 which is good for travellers especially with many airlines no longer offering full service.

The check out and transfer back to the international was quick and easy. The super shuttle driver was waiting at 5 am and deposited me at the international terminal by 5.10 am... Perfect.

I will definitely stay again as it was exactly what I wanted and expected.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank greggo60

Dear Greg,

Thank you for the wonderful comments and you have listed a lot of good information for other potential guests to read. I hope that you choose to stay with us next time you are in Sydney. We look forward to having you stay again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great location for stopover before and after flight travel. Airport shuttle service is very handy. Staff very friendly and helpful, food excellent, and amenities , although basic, are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise S

It is always wonderful to receive great comments about our customer service. The team will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've been staying at this hotel for 2 nights every 2 weeks over the last year (close to a client of mine) and am unfortunately seeing the deterioration in customer service. It took 2 months to fix a problem with the online checkin (and to be told each time I wasn't filling in something--that wasn't on the screen). Have waited 2 months for customer service online to reply/fix it. Then they changed the restaurant (which had good service & good food) into a 'bistro' where you stand in line to order, If you want another drink you stand in line to order while your food gets cold. Certainly not a great way to onsell (as the wait staff would always talk me into the desert menu previously-but I'm not going to stand in line for that). Customer service manager phoned me to explain why they did it (rather than ask why I had a concern) Breakfast buffet is pretty ordinary for $22, no change over the last year, other than getting rid of the FABULOUS banana bread, but eggs are getting runnier and other food colder. 10 dirty breakfast tables during my last visit. Had to phone (and wait a long time for an answer) to get the complimentary Wi-Fi for accor member. I'm starting to look at other alternatives.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Merry9999
Reviewed 2 August 2014

A typicalIBIS hotel, functional, clean and ideal for the weary traveller.

Not particularly exciting and the rooms are quite small. Bathroom is very compact.

Conveniently located near the airport and value for money compared to other airport hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Nick,

Thank you for taking the time to review ibis Sydney Airport. We hope you enjoyed your stay and that we will see you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014