“Excellent Overnight Stay !!!”

Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Mascot
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My partner, our young daughter (12 months at the time) and myself stayed at the Rydges Sydney Airport prior to our first overseas family holiday. We had a 330am check in, so it made sense to stay close to the airport to save on an extremely early wake up and travel from Wollongong, NSW. It is only a 2 minute walk to the International Departures Terminal, and part of the Airport Complex.

A beautifully appointed hotel, very modern & excellent customer service. The room was spacious, even with a cot, and the sound proofing is amazing. We didn't hear anything !!! we got dropped off, and there is a separate drop of bay, however, parking is part of the airport parking if you require it.

We could have dined at the Hotel itself, however, it is quite expensive and went to the International Departures Terminal where there is a variety of restaurants, cafes, take away and bars.

It is worth joining the Rydges Priority Club (free membership) to save on accommodation rates. I made my accommodation online and saved over $60.

We will be staying here again when we travel March 2015, as we have a 330am departing flight, and our return flight gets back in at 1030pm. Ideal for a weary travelled family.

Room Tip: Dining & beverages onsite at the Hotel can be quite expensive, head over to the International De...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DebbP77
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

This is definitely the type of feedback we aim for – it is extremely pleasing to read!

I’m very much looking forward to welcoming you and your family back again in March 2015.

There are newer reviews for Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel was comfortable, convenient and met all of my needs before a long flight. The room was appointed and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom included all of the needed cosmetic items and the restaurant was a quiet refreshing change from the busy airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

I’m so pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at Rydges Sydney Airport.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Wow this does not get any closer to the airport!!

You are literally in the airport carpark.

Great rooms with comfy beds and good restaurant/bar.

Received car parking at 1/2 price for an overnight stay which made the price OK.

Only downside was the the airport railway was very expensive. To go to the city for 3 x people $92.

Second time I have stayed here and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

You literally can’t get any closer to the Airport than here!

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Having a late afternoon flight and no connecting flights to Port Macquarie until the next day, we chose to stay at Rydes on 24th May, we were really impressed with the quality of service and the room. After a very fast check in, we decided to have a drink at the bar to ease down after a long flight. Returning to the room it was very comfortable with quality fittings and so quiet, actually the whole hotel was, well done to the designer. Breakfast had all the basics with a selection of good quality food. A free shuttle to the domestic is available, running every half hour which suited us perfectly. So if your in the same situation or have a very early morning flight this is perfect. A thank you to Rydes, you made it so easy and very pleasurable.

Room Tip: The entire hotel is very quiet so room selection depends if you want over the airport or the car par...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

We have put quite an emphasis on making peoples stays as easy as possible especially before or after a flight.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed one night before early emirates flight to Dubai - flew down from Brisbane - took free shuttle
Had to wait about 20 mins for shuttle no problem
We booked a king suite with plane spotters package and it was great - we had room 705 looked out over main runway and all across Sydney CBD - great during daylight and brilliant at night listening and watching planes take off mad land with Sydney lights as backdrop
Room very roomy and big walk in shower with very nice and plentifully toiletries
Bed sooooo comfortable -40 inch TV s - good bright bedside lights ones you could read buy - not many places have that
The plane spotters package included a $50 food and beverage voucher and I joined to be a priority rewards guest on line before booking (it's free) and received 20% off accomodation and meals as we'll
Had a drink in sports bar and a very nice meal (roast of day) rear roast beef cooked to perfection and yummy Yorkshire pud and vegs all up $52 with glass of no wine and 2 coronas minus voucher $2.80 for a great dinner
Reception was very friendly and efficient ( they give you the option by email to check in on line)
All staff were great
To summarise (at last you say) it was great. If you are looking for a place to stay before any flight late or early or even just to have a fun special evening if you are a plane buff -stay here you will be please you did

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the runway on a high floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nonna54

This is exactly the kind of review I love to read! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your overall stay with us.

I look forward to sharing this feedback with the team.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have stayed here twice now for business. Proximity to domestic and international airports is awesome, especially with train station below international terminal.
Surprisingly quiet for the location.
Has it's own shuttle bus to and from domestic airport, can be a little slow at times, but it's a great service.
Dining experiences here have been mixed, nothing outstanding as yet! Ground level cafe/bar has better staff than the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your recent stay with us.

I have taken your comments on board in regards to your dining experiences and am currently reviewing this as we speak.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My first stay here was pretty good.
I had a return visit in December with my mum. - booked a twin room online, then followed it up with an email confirming twin bed configuration. On arrival late at night at the desk I again confirmed twin room.
On arrival in the room - guess what - the room is made up as a king.
After going out of my way three times to confirm my request, it's just not good enough.

I then found the bed extremely uncomfortable, they have very soft mattress toppers on the mattresses, I spend approx 3 months a year in hotel rooms and there have only been 2 places where I have found the bed real problem.

So at 2 am I'm up and turning over the mattress - which is then fine. I also find the soft pillows terrible but they do provide a firm one on request.

I stayed here again last week on my way through Sydney. It wasn't until I got into bed I remembered the prior experience - once again stripping the bed and turning over the mattress works for me.

However, I have to consider - am I prepared to strip the bed and move mattresses around AND pay over 200 a night for the pleasure.?

I would like to think that a place I frequent - might work out what I like - but seen as I had 3 goes at booking a twin room and they still couldn't get it right, I don't hold out much hope.

I don't know that I would stay here again, but it is very convenient in terms of location and apart from the mattress the rooms are ok.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoJoVanuatu

You are right we could have done better on the issue in regards to your twin room request something I have addressed with the team. In regards to the mattress, unfortunately there is no easy fix, we have found that our Dream Beds are very popular but I do understand we have not met the mark in your case. Please accept my apologies for not getting it right on the twin more request.
I am glad you found the location is convenient!

Kind Regards,

Tish

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mascot
Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
Pullman Sydney Airport
Pullman Sydney Airport
#2 of 11 in Mascot
Mercure Sydney International Airport
Meriton Suites Mascot Central

Been to Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!