Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$114
US$105
  • Room Service
Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport(Mascot)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$121
  • Restaurant
Mantra Hotel at Sydney Airport(Mascot)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$143
  • Pool
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Airport(Mascot)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$121
  • Room Service
Travelodge Hotel Sydney Airport(Mascot)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$102
Felix Hotel(Mascot)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$84
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Sydney Airport(Mascot)(Great Value!)
US$114
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Mascot Central(Mascot)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$111
Trip.com
US$164
US$124
Travelocity
4,192 results
All reviewsacross the roadinternational terminalsports barblackwattle grillt busnext morningfree shuttlesydney airportperfect locationan early flightopen planglass doorcar parkcomfortable bedking roomshort walkoverseas trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A 5-minute walk from Sydney International Airport, this hotel features air-conditioned rooms with a 32-inch flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi access. I also booked under the double Qantas Frequent flyer points online handy feature.

I had a very fast check in my room had alarm clock the suited my iPhone 4 Old Plug radio, tea/coffee making facilities and a private bathroom with shower. Fairly modern layout.

Nice mini bar but normal hotel prices.

I stayed in a king room on the 8th floor. I had a really comfortable bed, which it all I wanted in a hotel close to the airport.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Willysduck
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some valuable feedback on your recent stay with us.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Went to check in and was not a good start. Got given the key and had to ask where the lifts were and where breakfast was served. Then knowing the European Rowing was on Fox Sport in the Sports bar thought I'd go down and have a couple of drinks to watch before heading of to bed. Was there for about 40 minutes watching the TV and in between races doing some emails on my lap top. There was no-one else there watching the TV's. Then at 10:30 the bar manager came along and starting changing all the 5 TV sets over to the Moto GP. I asked if he could keep one on the rowing as I was watching it. To which he replied "Sorry Live TV takes precedence". There was ONE guy that asked. Why would he need to change all 5 TV sets to be on the MotoGP for one guy?!?!? He then must have realised how stupid his comment was so he said "I'll put the one on the end back on the rowing". Then went on to say "You had you head buried in your laptop so I didn't realise you were watching anything". Just totally not required as a comment. I then replied "If you took a little bit more notice you would have seen that it was between rowing races". Incredibly poor form. Not sure I'd have him as a manager if he makes patrons feel totally uncomfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Shane D
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I have just finished following up with the manager. Please accept my sincere apologises for this incident, clearly not an acceptable outcome by any measure.
His and our intention as a team is to ensure your comfort and enjoyment of the property while you are with us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I think the general fear here is that if you stay at this hotel you are treated as if you have no money... Sad but true and this is not just me but others I spoke with here as well.

1. My belongings were locked in my room. I thought I had made a reservation for two nights but I had mistakenly made for only one. Upon returning from sightseeing I was not allowed to get my Laptop from my room or my belongings because I was past checkout time. I was told to either pay full rate or go around the corner beside desk for free computers to book another night.

2. I was told the restaurant on the 2nd floor was not for public use. Private parties only.

3. When ordering a Long Flat White coffee I was told there was no such thing and would I like anything else... Rudely "maybe you want an Americano?" People this is australia....do they not have a flat white?

4. Overheard duty manager apologizing for the way a customer was treated. (Later found out it was for a similar check in scenario)

5. Room was nice.

6. View of airport was nice.

7. Bar staff at lunch make you pay PRIOR to getting your food.... I guess they think you are going to bolt without paying.... I suppose people do that.

8. If you order a drink at the bar they don't say yes or no they immediately ask "how will you pay?" And quite rudely I might add.

9. Super easy access from international terminal..

10. Don't be fooled by the outdoor patio... It's just for smokers and there is no service. They don't have waiters that i saw,,,

11. In general the travelers that you meet in the hotel are nice...the staff is sick of travelers they will be rude to everyone...

12.. I had laundry done. Order was placed and picked up prior to deadline.... Concierge called and said it was late. I agreed to pay more to get it done.. 100% more. 1 hour later laundry arrived. I was asleep told the guy to just hang it by door.. Instead he came right in and hung it in the closet. I was naked under those covers...oh well I guess that's how they do it here.

13. 5pm Fire alarm went off... Who knows why. Might as well skip nap I won't be left alone...

14. 3 am phone started ringing. No one one other end.

15. 6am alarm on night stand went off. How do you shut it off..?

16.... 40 hours of travel starting tomorrow morning......maybe it will get better.

POINT BEING HERE IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO RELAX TRY A DIFFERENT HOTEL,,,!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Dale B

Clearly not a good stay with us and one we can be proud of. I am truely sorry for the lack of service you received on this stay.
We do take pride in our work as a whole and love the travelling public. Our rooms, location and views are great, however they add up to nothing without our staff. Once again I do apologies for letting you down!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed one night before early flight to NZ. The hotel is just metres away from the airport. The airport train station (awfully expensive) and bus station (alternative solution) to the city is at the door step. The room is spacious, and got a nice view of the runway, but didn't hear any noise! Staffs are helpful and friendly. Just one minor thing, a complimentary bottle of water will be appreciated!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some great feedback!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Left my charger in hotel room. Only realised when already gone through customs and security at the international terminal. Phoned up hotel and they got charger to me before my flight. thanks Rydges, saved me money and stress.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

I’m so pleased to see that we could get the charger over to you before your flight!