“Will be back”

Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Mascot
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed before an early morning flight. Had originally booked a queen standard room. Was offered an upgrade on check in for an extra $25 but declined. Upon entering room we changed our mind and went back to take up the offer. We thought since staying at the airport we should at least try to take advantage of the location. We ended up paying an additional $75 to upgrade to the king suite (you only live once!) which was an awesome corner room with floor to ceiling windows that looked right onto the runway. Sat for a few hours watching the planes take off and land over a reasonably priced bottle of wine from the mini bar. Enjoyed dinner in the sports bar before returning to the super comfortable bed that awaited us. Prepaid buffet breakfast was a real treat. Loved being able to walk to international check in in only a few minutes. Will be back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the runway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Great to see that you took the opportunity to upgrade to one of our King Suites – they really do offer amazing views with the floor to ceiling windows!

Very much looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here due to Early morning flights.
The rooms are excellent,This time we were upgraded to a suite with a separate bedroom.We had the most amazing King size Bed which was certainly a dream to sleep on!
Staff are always professional and courteous..
It certainly is all about The Location.
Unfortunately our room this time looked over a car park but this was a small sacfrice in return for the extra room.
We previously stayed at another Airport Hotel but wouldn't stay anywhere else now.
We will back in 13 weeks time and look forward to our stay once again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I’m so pleased to hear from one of our very valuable return guests!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and I look forward to seeing you again in 13 weeks time.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here overnight from Honolulu awaiting connection next day to Adelaide.
It was great to clear customs, walk through the airport and across the road to a comfortable bed. Reception was efficient and friendly. The room was very modern with flat screen tv, tea and coffee making facilities and a vast mini bar.
The best thing was the bed which was SO comfortable. We had room service breakfast which was nice, though pricey. A complimentary shuttle across to the domestic airport was most appreciated. We paid $210.00 for our room, but when you are tired and ready to put your feet up, it was money well spent! PS. Didn't hear a thing, so don't worry about airplane noise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

It is great to see another very positive comment in regards to our famous Rydges Dream beds – they really are amazingly comfortable!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel quite a few times when departing and return to Australia.
You get what you pay for, there are no trimmings or layers, just a good bed, good pillows, clean and comfortable room.
Only comment would be to please include some mugs in the rooms for a decent cup of tea or coffee, the black ones there now are to small. We did ring room service to request mugs and they said there were none in the hotel.
We also thought $14.50 for a bowl of chunky fruit salad was a bit rich!!!!
We will continue to stay here when we travel as its easy access to the airport, and as long as the prices don't sky rocket.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some valuable feedback on your recent stay.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was the best airport hotel, possibly hotel I have ever stayed in. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping in. Free wifi and an array of free in room coffees/teas and a well stocked mini bar which is reasonably priced, coupled with the silence was fantastic. Could see the runway and planes from our room on level 5 but not a sound came in from outside. Staff friendly with luggage trollies on hand. Bar lunch menu seems a real bargain $10. Location is brilliant literally in the airport terminal/1 minute walk to underground train service $30aud return fare to circular quay. Checked in online in the morning and got an email when our room was ready (4 hours prior to normal check in time) which was welcome as we'd just got off a long flight and could go straight to bed via express checkin desk instead of wandering around for hours. This at no extra cost. Totally unexpected as we thought we would just be dropping our bags off and coming back later to check in. Top marks for customer service! I would stay here over a Sydney city centre hotel next time I'm in Australia. My only comment would be to add more vegetarian items to the room service menu.

• Stayed: June 2014
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Wow – thank you for the amazing feedback this exactly what we aim for!

I’m very much looking forward to sharing this with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back again next time you’re in Sydney.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Flying to Australia from the UK can be very tiring. On arrival in Sydney international airport at 5:30 in the morning, all I really wanted to do was freshen up, change my clothes and possibly get some sleep before catching a flight later in the day to carry onward to Perth.
As the plane landed, I saw the sign for Rydges and took it to be a hotel. My supposition was confirmed by the airport information desk and I headed over to see what they offered.
Although not exactly cheap, the price of 160 Australian dollars for a room for the day seemed reasonable given that I'd only be using it for around 12 hours between my flights.
The room was very comfortable with great shower, a very comfortable bed, good TV and free wi-fi.
I was able to catch up with work emails, shower/shave and change and had a few free coffees from the in-room service bar.
As I was in Sydney, I had to go visit the wharf area but, being so close to the airport, I just had a short stroll over to the international terminal where there is a regular train service into town. At 30 dollars for a round-trip ticket, this seemed very acceptable.
Sightseeing done, I headed back to the hotel to catch up on my lost sleep. That's when I found out just how comfortable the beds were.
At around 6 pm (12 hours after arriving) feeling both refreshed and relaxed, I then just had a short stroll to the Quantas domestic transfer desk to continue on my travels.
Rydges turned out to be the perfect place to stay for my half-day stop-over and I'd definitely use it again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JiffTuna

So pleased to hear some feedback from one of our day use guests – this is exactly the type of feedback that we aim for.
Both myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The rooms are well presented, clean and comfortable. The king size bed was appreciated and allowed for a very restful sleep. Despite overlooking the Airport Terminal and main runway, not much noise. The staff were helpful and gave me an upgrade due to the high cost of the car park, cost $69 for 2 nights of parking at the international airport, as they don't have their own private hotel car park which is a shame. Price okay if you can get a special on wotif. Would go back again if got a good price and sort out their carparking issue. If coming in from a long flight late at night and dont have a car, this hotel is ideal! so close to the international airport sydney.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with some feedback on your recent stay.

I’m thrilled to see another comment on how noise isn’t an issue, especially because we are extremely close to the Airport- I guess our double glazed windows are doing their Job.