“Convenient for the airport”

Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mascot
Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
“Convenient for the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Got in late from one flight with another booked for the next day so decided to stay at an airport hotel, picked this hotel, and would use it again, situated right next to international departures and have a shuttle that run every 30 minutes from the domestic terminal make this very handy for what I needed.
The room was a good size, well stocked mini bar, modern bathroom, although I'm not a big fan of the new idea of having the bathrooms open plan to the bedroom but thats personal choice.

Got in late so just ordered a pizza from room service that was very tasty. had a coffee in the sports bar that seemed OK.
surprisingly very little noise from the planes

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Trevor H
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for the positive feedback it is very much appreciated!

Tish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (911)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Spent a night before an early flight and was very satisfied.
All you need is provided, and the sound proofing ensures a good nights sleep.
Cannot do better if you are departing from Sydney!
Clean rooms, efficient and polite staff.
Would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank costas71
This is the positive feedback we aim for – it is great to see that you enjoyed your recent stay!

I look forward to sharing this feedback with the team.

Cootamundra, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We recently stayed overnight, & were very disappointed. The toilet cubicle had a swinging door, which had a gap above & below. Unhygienic to say the least, & the wash basin was in the passage way. At 6.30 p.m. there was an hour & a half wait for dinner in the Mezzanine restaurant. In the bar, we had to compete with very loud music, & could not chat comfortably with our friends
NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Ask for a sealed bathroom
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy A
Thank you for your feedback - we welcome it for better or worse on all occasions. We have found the open bathroom layout can polarise guest views of our property and in your case it’s disappointing that it’s in the negative. We do try to highlight this design feature in all descriptions and where possible in our photography. It is concerning regarding your feedback in the Blackwattle Grill and something I am looking into. We do strive to achieve great service all the time but we certainly didn’t on this occasion.
Please accept my apologies for the below par experience you had with us, not a proud moment for me or my team. I would be happy to discuss the matter further with you directly, please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to take this offer up.

Kind Regards,

Birkdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I pondered about staying here at first as I could have got cheaper further away. . Thankfully staying here actually saved me money and time ! Arrived at the domestic terminal and hopped onto a free shuttle ( run every 30 mins ). . Then walked a mere 2 mins straight to international departures. . Rooms have amazing soundproof , the best luxurious beds with beautiful high end cotton sheets. Best airport hotel I have ever stayed in by a mile !

Room Tip: All rooms good. . We faced the run way which was interesting with little noise !
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paula B
It is great to hear that you decided to give Rydges Sydney Airport a go – this is exactly the type of feedback I like to receive.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Clean, functional and perfect location for an overnight stay when connecting to an international flight. Very friendly and efficient staff at check-in. The lobby sports bar is very good and convenient for a simple meal. There are good options for jogging or walking in several parks near the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard T
Thanks for the wonderful feedback.

ACT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I chose this hotel to allow an early escape to the International Terminal.
It was perfectly located to do just that.

An immaculate black van collected me from the Domestic Terminal, free of charge and drove to the hotel. The driver took charge of my bag and was very polite.

Check in was simple, and I was upgraded to a top floor room overlooking the runway, and what a sight that is at night through the double/triple glazed picture window!

The bath room is an unsual design, not too private, but who cares? Lovely toiletries and masses of towels. But, again, no milk in the room/fridge. I had to have black coffee and perhaps that was a good idea as I had a magnificent dinner in the Restaurant on the ground floor. The steak was so tender and the red wine just perfect.

The bed was very comfortable and I rose before 6am to see the first flights coming down the runway to land, the lights were queued up - so many planes land at that time. I watched out my picture window for my familys car, picked up my bag, checked out and crossed the road, caught the lift to the Departure area, so simple.

This is the place to stay for early departures, believe me.

Room Tip: Rooomoverlooking the runway if you can, it's very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
I really appreciate the wonderful feedback!

I have to agree the view is pretty amazing – especially at night.

I hope we can welcome you back again before your next early departure.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

They have a free shuttle from domestic airport which runs every 15 minutes, hotel is located in the airport, only 2 minutes walk to departure terminal. Very friendly staff, best beds ever and free wifi. Recommand the sportsbar for a drink and a small/quick dinner.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I’m so pleased to receive yet another comment on our wonderful location and friendly staff.

I’m very much looking forward to sharing this feedback with the team.

Tish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mascot
Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Pullman Sydney Airport
Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
Meriton Serviced Apartments Sydney Airport
Mercure Sydney International Airport

Been to Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!