“Good staff, poor amenities, good location”

Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Mascot
Reviewed 3 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Write a ReviewReviews (2,202)

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This used to be a Formula 1 hotel now taken over by Ibis. It is close to the airport and there is a convenient shuttle bus for $6 per person. However, it only cost us $13 for a cab for the two of us (from the international airport), so do your math on the one that works best for you.
Next door to the hotel is a Krispy Kreme doughnut factory where you can get piping hot donuts and behind that a KFC. The hotel also offers a cheap simple breakfast for $9.
The rooms are very basic but the beds very comfy. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room.
Slowish lifts, just leave an extra 5 minutes to get downstairs.
Overall, for a cheap hotel, it was good.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank AnnieRz
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Came in late on international flight and to fly out early next day, so - a clean room at a fair price and on easy location in safe and no-nonsens hotel - was needed. And I found that here. So - perhaps not flashy or with much more than above to offer. But it did the trick. In, sleep, out, move on. That sort of place.

Room Tip: up high, away from road
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Ibis Budget Sydney Airport because I couldn't get a flight home the night I arrived in Sydney. Some of the airport hotel prices were way too above what I wanted to pay for so I opted for this hotel. I liked that I could walk to the domestic airport and the price was the cheapest I could find. I was apprehensive at first but in the end my room was fine, I thought it would be a lot worse but I got what I paid for which was BUDGET accommodation. My room was clean and smelled fresh. It was a good size for a travelling single and each floor had dispenser machines for snacks, coffee and drinks. Staff were fine and take-away establishments were located over the road for convenience. I would stay here again if I had to overnight in Sydney.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NeroliTasmania
Reviewed 29 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I'm listing this as 'very good' because I mean, 'For the money, it delivers'. No point being picky about small things. Our room was clean; basically equipped; good comfortable bed, and the bathroom was fine. No noise whatsoever. My main objective was to find somewhere inexpensive but not too downmarket, for an unavoidable stopover between flights. I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Mascot hotels
0 mi away
Ibis Sydney Airport
#9 of 12 in Mascot
Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Airport

Been to Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport

Address: 5 Ross Smith Ave, Mascot, Botany Bay, New South Wales 2020, Australia (Formerly Hotel Formule 1 Sydney Airport)
Region: Australia > New South Wales > Greater Sydney > Botany Bay > Mascot
Bar / Lounge Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Mascot
Price Range: £61 - £111 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Agoda, HostelWorld, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Formule 1 Sydney