“Cheap & compact - great for O'N stays”

Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Mascot
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the ibis budget as we were flying internationally the following day. Be careful if you take a taxi here - ours dropped us at the wrong ibis! It's only a 10 minute walk away but with backpacks and children who had spent a good part of the day on the train it wasn't the best start!

KFC, Krispy Kreme & Maccas across the car park.

We stayed in room 309 which faces the main road but we didn't hear any road noise at all. We were woken at around 11pm by the fire alarm but I don't hold ibis responsible for that - there is a sign on the bathroom door that clearly states to close the bathroom door when showering!!

Yes - the rooms are small although I really don't know why you would want/need tonnes of space for an overnight stay which this place seems to be aimed at.

The bathroom is small and I did spot some mould on the ceiling which should be taken care of from both an aesthetic and health point.

We took the shuttle bus organised by the hotel - $6 per person. I think if you were travelling with any more than 3 people it would be cheaper to get a taxi. Takes around 15 minutes from hotel to international via the domestic terminal.

Overall, this place delivers exactly what we expect from a $100 per night hotel in Sydney - a hot shower, a comfy bed, telly to watch and that's about it. I'm amazed by the expectations of some reviewers when staying in clearly BUDGET accommodation!!

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Rebecca C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,222)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

It was a place to stay close to the airport, nothing else. The room was musty, made me cough & irritated my eyes a little. There was three booked for the room, we had to ask for a third towel & make the bed.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This hotel is my favourite hotel in Sydney. Initially we stayed there because it is close to the airport - only a genuine 10 minute walk for oldies to the domestic terminals. It would be our prefered stay in Sydney for any reason. No only does it have Crispy Creme next door, then McDonalds and KFC but you just have to go through security at the domestic terminals for a great selection of places to eat. You get a good bed, a TV, a shower and that is just about all but it is great value. Enroute to Sydney via Dubbo and return we got ripped off $165 and $168 basically for a TV, bed and shower. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Cheap accommodation located in a noisy position. If you can get to sleep with slamming doors, aircraft noise, traffic and noise from the local McDonalds and Krispy Kreme drive thru you will have no problem staying here. The rooms are very small, in fact I had trouble laying my open suitcase on the floor. My room was clean although the chipped paint around the window did detract from the rooms ambiance..lol. I was booked in here without my input, I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo