“Very Good Value for money”

Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Mascot
Brisbane, Australia
“Very Good Value for money”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I often have to spend the night in Sydney on the way to Melbourne or Brisbane the next day. I was recommended the IBIS Budget by a friend. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, sheets crisp and clean, walking distance to the domestic terminal. This was exactly what I wanted and I was pleased with the result.

Just remember to take you own shampoo as I only had soap in the room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kuta
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I don't mind budget hotels and I don't usually complain cause I work in the tourism industry and hate when people complain for the sake of it... However from the moment we got here it was bad and it just got worse!

We checked in and they had booked and charged us for 4 rooms instead of 2. The lady "Denise" at the counter just said "well that's what was booked" like it was our fault and did nothing about it. We decided to get into our rooms and sort this out later. She handed us the keys and didn't explain anything to us or say anything nice at all. I was travelling with another couple, we both went up to our rooms. One room, the key wouldn't open the room. The other room, when we opened the door, someone else's stuff was in the room! They had given us an occupied room. I realise sometimes things happen so we went down and tried be polite and patient about the issue. Denise did not even apologise and just seemed frustrated and gave us another key for the room that didn't open and a new room key so we could move to another room for the one that was occupied. The new room was fine but the other room, when opened with the new key, was dirty! I have attached a photo of the toilet to give you an idea. Again when we went downstairs, no apologies and another key to another room was given! This one was ok, smelt a bit like urine but we were tired so just put up with it for the night and went to bed. The whole experience was horrible and I cannot believe how unhelpful Denise on the front counter was. I asked if she could give us any compensation and she just complained that this was how everything was left for her when she started her shift. As an after thought, she gave us some breakfast vouchers which we couldn't use cause we were leaving for the airport too early. We told her this and she said she couldn't do anything else and the manager wasn't onsite.

All I ask for is nice people and cleanliness at a cheap hotel and we got neither of this here. Will never stay here again.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank LeesheeT

Travellers are raving about these Mascot hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I guess you can't expect much from a budget hotel but was not expecting fire alarm in middle of night (false alarm, but we still had to evacuate just in case!!), or the shouting match for 1/2 hour at 2am by others coming home drunk!! Otherwise was pretty nice -room small but perfectly formed. Bathroom reminiscent of those on luxury yachts - quite cute, but with a lovely big shower. Comfie bed, all clean so pretty good for a transit sleep

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JaneMacG
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed for one night before flying out, Very small room, only had one pillow per person and are very small and thin,
However did the job, would not like to stay here for a large amount of time.
Staff were great for organising a local club to pick us up for dinner.
A very budget hotel, but served it's purpose.
Bus transfers to Airport left on time which was great.
You get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This hotel is great if you are on a tight budget and need a night in Sydney and transiting overseas the next day. We have stayed here a couple of times and the beds are comfortable enough, though the walls are paper thin so it can be noisy at times.

Very close to the airport with regular shuttle buses makes this hotel very convenient. Staff are also helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank geokult
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I did know I was paying a budget price so I was aware that it would be a basic experience with things such as scratched walls, average furnishings and no tea/coffee facilities. I wasn't expecting a smelly room.

I would not book there again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo