“Perfect - for a short stay”

Quest Mascot Serviced Apartments
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed overnight on a business trip. It is a serviced apartments, so not the usual breaky in the morning or regular service you find at other hotels. Rooms are excellent, clean and spacious. Bathroom is clean and modern and above the quality of many 4 star motels. Location is excellent, walk to the domestic terminal easily or hop on a train and get to the city easily!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank KingLeo300
There are newer reviews for Quest Mascot Serviced Apartments

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed for one night after working in Sydney for the day and travelling to Melbourne the next morning. I found my apartment to be fine. I bought myself a microwave meal from Woolworths to eat for dinner and had a hotel breakfast pack (paid for by company) for the morning.

I didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel as after I finished work, I spent some time shopping in the city. I caught the train to the city but was advised to take a taxi home - it was $23.00.

I booked a shuttle to the airport, but if you were keen you could definitely walk, I kinda wished I had. I had an issue with the shuttle driver (nothing to do with hotel) as I was the first one to be collected he asked me where I was going and I said Virgin Australia - Domestic. He repeated this back to me. He picked up two other passengers and then dropped one at the Qantas domestic terminal and then drove out of the airport towards the International. I asked him why he didn't drop me off and he yelled at me and told me I told him International - I actually think he forgot I was on the bus. He turned around and dropped me off.

I would not recommend this hotel if you were staying for a holiday and to do touristy things in Sydney as it is not close to the attractions. I could also not see a shop in walking distance that I could have bought food from - lucky I went to Woolworths in the city, but I could have really done with a nice glass of wine if a bottleshop had been close! Chocolate had to suffice. I may be wrong about the location of shops, but there was nothing obvious in the area I was comfortable with walking at night by myself.

This hotel was perfectly adequate for a one night business stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RosEmmaKate
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Very convenient to airport, but if you're driving there, make sure you're aware of the no right turn signs at almost every intersection. (Obviously NOT the hotels fault.

We stayed as a family before an early international departure and found all the facilities to be very good in the rooms of our 2 Br apartment.
If I had any criticism its how most hotels now charge parking at $20 a day - in a half full car park. Its like charging outrageous sums for WiFi.

Furthermore- the beds are uncomfortably firm - you know those striped mattress ones?

I can recommend this hotel if you're looking for airport accommodation.

Room Tip: 1 br are overlooking the airport, but very quiet. (I've stayed before). 2 br's face the cit...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed at this property for about 8 weeks. While the location is probably not the best for tourists it suited my needs well. Nice modern apartment but the cleaning was very basic with no attention to detail. The was a spill of something?? down the tiles at the side of the bath. This was not wiped away during the length of my stay.

Bit out of the way but I had a view over the airport which was nice to watch the planes arrive and take off, noise wasn't a problem.

Would stay here again for business reasons.

Room Tip: A view over the airport is good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chevhill
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I enjoyed an overnight stay for business this month. I needed a fan-forced oven and a full kitchen and everything was perfect. Amazing that this hotel is just near the airport and you can barely hear the planes. I walked back to the airport the next morning (max 8 mins) to collect my hire car which saved me a full day rent and overnight parking cost. Staff are very friendly. I would stay again if I needed the full kitchen facility. Don't delay as it was fully booked on a Tuesday night!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side to the airport just for extra sound barrier.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stayed here for an overnighter in April as we had an early flight. We found this to be very comfortable and really an excellent choice. A small walk to find food was fine and the quick drive to the airport in the morning excellent. Parking leaves a little to be desired but was adequate for the purpose.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2013

For being so near the airport, this is a fantastic place to stay. It is very nicely appointed and quiet. The staff is very helpful and friendly. There are restaurants in the area, and small markets a few blocks away.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends