“A good self contained option.”

Quest Mascot Serviced Apartments
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A good self contained option.”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Another Sydney airport departure for Pam necessitating an overnighter. We chose Quest as we wanted to self cater and have the family join us for a meal. A tidy apartment and well set up. And to top it off a really comfortable bed. We were a bit worried about plane noise but no concerns there. And for plane watchers a fascinating view over the runway and arriving and departing planes.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank karori12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Staff: Friendly and helpful, pointed me towards the local shops and transport, also helped me out with what was happening in the weekend I was there for.

Room: Clean and well kept. I selected the Studio service apartment, I've stayed at other apartments in Melbourne for the similar price that I paid for this, however the room at Sydney was just a normal hotel room with a stove. Disappointing overall. Paid $320 for the two nights, they took $200 for bond.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nathan S
Varsity Lakes, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Just letting you know how disappointed I am with Quest Mascot. I have been a regular customer for around 8 years but things are certainly different under the new ownership. My main issue is that I have had to live in a freezing room all week. Apparently all of the air con units are now controlled centrally and the heat function disabled. They are all set to 20 degrees on cold not heat. When I asked how I could make the room warmer I was told to turn off the unit and that might help. A hotel with no heating is just not acceptable. The lady on reception said there is nothing she can do as it is a decision of the owners she offered to send up extra blankets but these never arrived.

Of course being so uncomfortable makes you notice all the other examples of ordinary service – the staff are not polite and friendly, they now take a $50 bond which they keep for weeks after you check out etc etc.

Quest Mascot used to be my favourite Quest – I brought many colleagues here over the years and recommended them to others – why such a turnaround!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank JanandTonyGetSmart
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Finding comfortable, clean accommodation for a family of four can be more challenging than you think. Finding it near an airport more so, as these hotels are geared up for business travellers. So I was happy to find the Quest as it had space - two bedrooms- and kitchen etc. We stayed here for 3 nights to attend a family wedding that was held close by. It was clean and fit our requirements. But we had a hire car so could drive to get food and supplies. I wouldn't stay if coming specially to Sydney to sightsee. Also there are no shops or restaurants close by. But if you need a place to stay that gives you some extra room, it's worth considering.

Stayed April 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I will start by saying in some ways I regret having to give this bad review. The reason for that is that while in just too many ways my stay was unacceptable the staff seemed to be trying and were very friendly. Secondly on the face of it, the place represents good value for accommodation this close to Sydney airport. I stayed one night on what was called a Easter Special for $140.00 in a studio room. The room while nothing special was clean and modern.

So to the problems, firstly car parking. Having read a few reviews on line I knew that car parking was limited, so after booking on line I called to reserve a space in advance and was assured there would be no problem. Then on day of arrival I was initially given access, then after going out later in the evening for a short time I arrived back to be told there was now no room and I would have to park outside.

Secondly, internet access, the rate I had booked specifically included internet access, important to me as I needed to do some work on arrival. The trouble was it did not work, the hotel had a very strange system that required you to ask at reception for a wireless modem which then requires someone to come to your room and set it up. This did not work for the first three modems they tried, the required a maintenance person to come to the room to fix it, costing me about an hour before I could start any work. When it did finally work it was quick and reliable. Usual charge is $20 for 24 hours.

Thirdly, when I did finally finish for the night the Tv did not work, I think a problem with the antenna however after my earlier hour lost with the maintenance man I could not be bothered going through it again so just had to put up with no TV.

Lastly the noise! Yes I know this is next to an airport, but I have previously stayed at the Stamford next door and it is completely sound proof, so built for the location. Not so the quest, thank God for the curfew as the aircraft noise was terrible.

Lastly for some reason they take a bond on check in, that is not refunded on check out or applied to your bill. They tell me it takes 7-10 days to refund, not sure how they justify this but it seams very unusual.

On checkout I discussed all the issues and it seems as a good will gesture they refunded the parking, I would of thought this the minimum they could do given they did not manage to actually provide the advertised and charged for secure parking. For the rest of the problems there was only a quick apology.

Someone else might stay here on a different night in a different room and have a very different experience, however I can only go by my own stay.

Therefore I would have to advise you give it a miss.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mark D
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed a night before a flight with our baby in a one bedroom unit. Good sized room - it was a bit tight in bedroom with the cot but fine, but the lounge/kitchen were a good size as was the bathroom. Good to have a full laundry too. $199 for the night which was pretty expensive but conparable to others around and so close to the airport terminals. $20 for carparking downstairs for the night. Would definitely stay again

Stayed March 2014
wagga wagga Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed at this Hotel just overnight waiting for a flight. It was chosen as price was reasonable for a Saturday night - $174.00. I got the $6.00 shuttle to the Hotel but in the morning walked to the Domestic Terminal which was an easy walk of about 25 mins to T2. If you are walking to Airport you need to walk to the corner and cross over O'Riorden st and walk that side, there are no footpaths further down strret into Airport.

Hotelroom was excellent. Table and two chairs for meal, desk area, wardrobe with mirrored doors, . Room had every inclusion you would expect plus crockery, cutlery and glasses. No mini bar, no room service, no bar, no restaurant - all good because I was prepared for this so no issue, they are serviced apartments. I was surprised how nice it was I noticed the gym is not open 24 hours, in a place catering for travellers it's important to have it open, but this trip it didn't bother me as I didn't have time to use it.

Hotel Reception staff were efficient and friendly. There was a bit of noise from planes but that didn't bother me as i wake early anyway, not sure if it would wake me anyway,

Room Tip: I had a room facing airport not on the street, don't know if street noise would be a bother.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo