“New Guest”

Metro Hotel Miranda
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miranda
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Great Location, Clean motel, friendly and helpful staff. 4th Floor very up market.
Great view of Sydney.
Comfortable Hotel The Metro Inn Miranda has an excellent location in the heart of Miranda and is within easy walking distance of Westfield Miranda, Miranda railway station, Miranda RSL Club, the local hotel and local restaurants. If you are looking for clean, comfortable and secure accommodation at a very reasonable rate then look no further than the Metro Inn Miranda as it is great value .

Room Tip: Top Floor Excellent
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Dear New Guest,
Thank you for choosing Metro Hotel Miranda for your accomodation needs.
I am pleased the Hotel met your requirements and you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope you stay at Metro Hotel Miranda in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Great Location, Clean motel, friendly and helpful staff, well appointed rooms

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarieCaringbah
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Thank you for staying at Metro Inn Miranda.
I am so pleased your stay with us meet your expectations. I have a great team of ladies who are employed at Metro Miranda, its all about the people.
Your comments are so appreciated, it makes all the hard work worth while.
Thank you.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I'm a professional musician and I booked the Metro Inn from positive reviews here, but was astonished to have a very loud PA announcements every few minutes reverberating through the hotel of the front desk asking for housekeeping to report in. I stay in hotels ten months a year due to my work and I can honestly say I've never stayed in a place where the guest's peace was shattered every few minutes with such noise. And ironically, there are all these notices in the room asking the guests to be silent. The only noise i heard the whole time I was there was from the front desk person's voice booming through the entire hotel. When I addressed this issue with the front desk, she just said "That's how it is when housekeeping is here." Housekeeping themselves were quiet and polite, it was just the front desk that made so much noise. Kind of like having someone with a bullhorn standing right outside your door saying "Housekeeping on floor two, contact the front desk." I was awaken out of a deep sleep for the first time at 7am. And then continuously after that. I would only recommend this hotel to someone who had no intention of sleeping or relaxing during their stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristina O
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for your review. Thank you for staying at the Metro Inn Miranda. I appreciate the time you have taken to complete this review.
I do have an issue with your comments as they are not correct.
7am was the first time you heard the PA, that would be very difficult as my reception staff reopen the reception at 7.30am, my house keepers start their day at 8.am.
The PA is not used until 9.am and only if we require the house keepers to contact reception.
I feel your comments are excessive and unfair.
My main concern are to my guests to have a peaceful and quite stay at Metro Inn Miranda are true. All my staff are customer friendly and we all work to the best of our ability to ensure all our guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay with us at Miranda.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

We have been staying at the Metro Inn Miranda at different times of the year since 2005 and it has become our second home whenever we visit Sydney. We recently stayed there from Tuesday 27 December, 2011 till Wednesday 4 January, 2012. On arrival we were handed the keys to Room 413 and we believe that we were the first guests to stay in that room. When the lift doors opened at Level 4 we were absolutely blown away with what we saw with the lovely colour scheme and the pictures mounted on the walls depicting the earlier history of the Sutherland Shire.

We could not fault the accommodationat all,the decor was outstanding and very tastefully done. There were tea and coffee making facilities, crockery, cutlery, wine glasses, fridge, microwave oven, toaster, flat screen television, iron plus ironing board, extra pillows, extra blankets and even a safe to store your valuables in!

We took the liberty of looking through some of the other rooms on Level 4 whilst we we were there. We were most impressed with Room 407 which was obviously specifically designed for paraplegics and also has the adjoining room access to Room 408 if need be. We will certainly be highly recommending this to any paraplegic people whom we come into contact with and that are travelling to Sydney.

The Metro Inn Miranda has an excellent location in the heart of Miranda and is within easy walking distance of Westfield Miranda, Miranda railway station, Miranda RSL Club, the local hotel and local restaurants. If you are looking for clean, comfortable and secure accommodation at a very reasonable rate then look no further than the Metro Inn Miranda as it is great value for money.

As we mentioned earlier we have been regular guests at the Metro Inn Miranda since 2005 and we are still dealing with the same staff members today. We have always found the staff to be friendly, courteous and professional in their dealings with us. We will be highly recommending the Superior Rooms on Level 4 at the Metro Inn Miranda to all of our family, friends and work colleagues.

Yours most sincerely,
Bill & Robyn Lambert.
Bucklands Beach
Auckland - New Zealand

Room Tip: Rooms on the eastern side have expansive views
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Bill L
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Over the past eight years I have chosen to stay at the Metro Inn on many occasions for varied reasons: family,employment, medical and recreational leave.My reason for returning is due to Dale and her staff who are friendly, courteous and professional in their approach to meeting either my individual or family's needs.This is why I choose to return to the Metro Inn as it promotes an overall standard of excellence in this accomodation. The standard of rooms, amenities and environment is clean, comfortable and modern. Our recent four night stay in the newly refurbished room on level four was of a high standard on par with more up market hotels. Parking is readily available on the same level as the front office. The location is in the heart of Miranda, close to Westfield Shopping Centre and surrounding areas of Gymea, Engadine,Taren Point and Cronulla and within reasonable driving distance to Sydney.
Thankyou Dale and staff for making my visits welcoming.
Sue from Goulburn

Room Tip: Some rooms have distant views of Sydney skyline
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank susanne m
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Stayed here for 1 night as we were picking up a campervan the next day. Not worth the $150, rooms very old fashioned and basic.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank rhi0610
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Ideal location for anyone wanting to shop, no need for a car as you can walk across the road and be at Westfields. We needed to be close to Kareena private hospital and this was less then a km away. Plenty of restaurants nearby, one being a great Chinese restaurant. Very easy to pop over the road to Miranda Westfield for breakfast in the mornings.
Rooms are dated but building work was being done on adding more rooms to the building. Rooms did have a microwave, toaster, plates and cutlery.
We did find parking a bit hard, most parks were taken up top near entry so you'd have to park the car out of sight and away from the motel (still on the grounds though). There is a very busy public gym located underneath the Metro and I did get into an argument with a young fellow taking up the last car space available up the top, he had parked there despite signs saying for motel guests only and he was on his way to the gym. Eventually he moved but I wonder how often this occurs.
Staff were friendly and cheerful and if ever I needed to be in the area again I'd choose the Metro Miranda again due to its great location.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ellietia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miranda
Eventhouse Cronulla
#1 of 1 in Engadine
Abcot Inn
Abcot Inn
#1 of 1 in Sylvania

Been to Metro Hotel Miranda? Share your experiences!