“Friendly staff but overwhelmed with crowd”
Review of Pier 42 Restaurant

Pier 42 Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: New menu and attitude - focusing on quality food, exceptional service, and a FUN environment for family and friends. Pitmaster Coy Mollega features special mountain recipes made in our high grade smoker with Barefoot Buddies Bar-B-Que sauce. The smell of smoked ribs, pulled pork and chicken will make your mouth water! Drop in for a visit or take out for your convenience. See you soon at Pier 42 at Sunset on beautiful Dale Hollow Lake.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our food was very mediocre. I think mine was the best. The catfish was good but nothing on my plate was very warm. Atmosphere nice for view and boat dock. Ice cream scoops small but fun to get off boat for a cone.
Next trip we will cook another camp dinner and save our money.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My family and I were Dale Hollow for the weekend and stumbled upon this gem. I ordered the Captain Drew's surf and turf and was blown away. So delicious! The steak was prepared just to my liking. Also, the view is simply to amazing and the wait staff/service was excellent. My kids really enjoyed all of the flavors of ice cream they had to pick from. This is a fun environment on the lake with great food and an even better view. What's not to love! We will be back every time we visit the lake.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Fish; big screen TVs; deer heads; and antlers! Colorful wait staff shirts; 'ground meat'; smoked; bar-b-que; Cajun; and New Orleans! Limited mixed menu; NO BAKED POTATO option; good salad (difficult to screw up) on too small of a plate; and either the salad was late or the entrée was early. Sirloin was good, unfortunately they offered little to go with it. Green beans were VERY SALTY and apparently grilled. Good waitress whose biggest challenge appears to be dealing with difficult management. I find it interesting the best review came from a person I believe has or had an interest in the business. Being a local, I found previous management (Zoom) had a better way of encouraging locals to return (in my case, at least once a week during the season) regularly. Maybe next year!

2  Thank Rich H
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Congratulations on the preparation of the Ribeye Steak - served on a cast iron hot plate - my steak stayed warm for my entire meal - unsurpassed - only Ruth Chris is similar and it is ten times more expensive and not the wonderful view

1  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Love being at the dock but the food was just okay. Service was slow. We did have a big party (13). We tried to call ahead but it actually backfired and made us wait longer than if we would have just gone a little earlier. Learn from our mistake, it is first come first serve, don't bother calling ahead to tell them you are coming....just go. Not a great selection of food, I liked the old ownership's menu much better.

Ice cream is very yummy though and portions are HUGE!