“Nice friendly b&b”

Syl's Sydney Homestay
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rose Bay
Syl's Sydney Homestay
Ranked #1 of 1 Rose Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at syls last weekend as we had a wedding to go to in watsons bay. We had an easy 10 mins drive back from the reception. And 3 mins to the ferry to the city the next day.
Thanks syls and Paul

Room Tip: We had the room with the en suite wasn't aircon but we stayed in the autumn.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pozichris

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were staying with friends for family wedding good location and Syl is really helpful with local transport and trip information. Rooms as expected for home stay but apartment is great for family's or groups. Breakfast great plenty of choice and just ask if you want anything different. Good to be able to come and go at anytime through the day. Syl and family friendly and helpful

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosemary B
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We needed a place to stay with friends for a family wedding and staying at Syl's proved to be perfect for us and our group.
Syl and her family were very warm and welcoming and went out of their way to help us when we needed it and left us alone when we were getting on with enjoying ourselves. We felt at home and well cared for.
My daughter and I stayed in the apartment and were able to "host" our friends and other family members for a bbq one night as well as enjoying the brilliant breakfast provided upstairs every day.
Unlike other reviewers we found the place to be clean and well cared for we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank aycor
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I travel to Sydney several times a year and have stayed in many parts of the city. To be half way between Rose Bay and Bondi in a leafy gorgeous neighborhood with shoppes and restaurants two blocks away is ideal. I ride the ferries everywhere each day and then return to the welcoming friendly couple Syl and Paul's charming expansive house with Eastern exposure, lots of glass, and rainbow lorikeets on the beautiful balcony overlooking a garden paradise. What a treat!
I have stayed in three of their rooms over the course of five repeat visits this decade. The bedrooms and the bathrooms are nice appointed with updated TVs and attractive linens. The bathrooms are modern and very clean. Paul and Syl live upstairs in a three-story open plan house and have a middle and lower patio-level floor for guests, so one feels really at home. Breakfast is just right, not fussy but hearty and healthy with surprises for several night stayers.

I enjoy the camaraderie this place affords with interesting travelers who are attracted to the same things I am. It's like living at home while visiting in Bellevue Hill, one of Sydney's very nicest neighborhoods.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and shaded.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ntsharris
Reviewed 16 March 2014

from the moment we arrived we were met with very friendly service from Syl and Paul. after a leisurely cup of tea and biscuits we were shown our luxurious room and very spacious. the stay was very, very friendly and the breakfast with our other guests was delightful with a mix of hot and cold delights. thank you so much we will definitely be back

Room Tip: we had a shared bathroom, but it was fine the bathroom was huge and clean and no issues with shari...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bicko2
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I booked the "apartment" (downstairs) and a room (upstairs) for myself and my Scottish cousins for about 9 days. The advertisement for this property looked great and being at Rose Bay would be handy for us. However, the "apartment" was more a self contained flat for uni students furnished by uni students. There were cobwebs and daddy longlegs in all rooms, the bedroom flyscreen had huge tears in it, and the bathroom window was devoid of a flyscreen and open to the fresh air. The cleanliness was something to be questioned in both the bathroom and the tiny kitchen and the quality of the furnishings and linen and towels was substandard, that would not have looked out of place at a beach shack - BUT NOT A QUALITY B&B. I was very disappointed in the accommodation and the lack of maintenance of the property in all. The breakfast was very hap-hazard and my cousins love their white bread and butter, but we got margarine and brown bread. There was no consistency with breakfast items - just a jumble of what she had in the fridge. I have been in B&Bs in Perth where they were perfect. Also Sylv was looking after her grandchildren from about 7.30am each workday morning, and over the weekend Sylv would bang cupboard doors with no thought that we were on holidays. We felt that she and Paul were not that friendly or hospitable (that we were intruding into their daily routines) and at the daily rate I was paying, I felt deprived of quality accommodation, quality food (most of it was from Aldi) and quality furnishings. There was no quality air conditioning, only fans. If the property was better maintained without upping the daily rate, I would return, but in the current condition, I would have second thoughts.

Room Tip: Do as much research as possible on the B&B, and ask questions such as does it have air condition...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Bill S
Reviewed 27 December 2013

When I entered the bedroom it was over all nice, but on close inspection the doona cover was not clean and although the sheets appeared clean, they did not have that clean smell.
While I was out someone used my bathroom. I think their granddaughter. Our hosts, Sylvia and Paul were pleasant, but not very warm and carried on their life with family coming and going. Not very relaxing, but well situated although without a car it is a drag.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Carolbing B

Been to Syl's Sydney Homestay? Share your experiences!