“Stunning dining experience”

Price range: US$35 - US$55
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on the shores of Sydney Harbour on Rose Bay, Catalina is a beautiful, airy light-filled restaurant and bar with floor to ceiling glass sliding doors opening out onto a long curved balcony over the water. In keeping with its harbourside location, the menu features beautifully fresh seafood - Sydney Rock oysters shucked to order; house smoked Tasmanian salmon; whole snapper and barramundi, filleted on the premises - but also a wide range of the best meat and poultry Australia has to offer. A fabulous Australian and global wine list (over 600 wines) and welcoming, attentive service, make this restaurant a must-do Sydney dining experience. Come in all day for the full menu - Catalina doesn't close between lunch and dinner - or graze on bar food overlooking the most beautiful harbour in the world.
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We spend a lot of time in Sydney, and this place is my favorite dining spot, especially in Summer. The water planes come right in front of the restaurant, you can dine both indoor and outdoor. Food is faultless, along with their service. Can't wait to be back in Sydney to book a long lunch here.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Catalina's is set on the stunning harbour front down in Rosebay so if you're visiting Sydney I'd recommend it for a special lunch. The food is beautiful but I just wasn't blown away, I've been here a couple of times now and I always seem to walk away a little disappointed. My pasta was served cold and just not particularly tasty, even their signature dishes leave a little to be desired in my opinion. For the prices they charge I expect better.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Spent our 23rd wedding anniversary at a very relaxing Sunday lunch at Catalina. The service was absolutely brilliant & the food was not far behind either. They helped to make a special day even more special for us. We had a table next to the window offering picture postcard views of Sydney Harbour allowing us to view everything from speedboats & yachts to seaplanes & pelicans so there was never a dull moment. The service was very attentive without being intrusive. It was suggested to us by the staff that it is a great place for drinks in the afternoon to watch the sunset over the harbour during the week. We will definitely have to come back to check that out. We would highly recommend Catalina & are planning a return for lunch with a group of friends. Whilst the prices are fine dining level the quality is certainly there to justify what is asked & the meals are well worth it. My better half is a great fan of duck & rated her meal as one of the best she has experienced along with her entree of marron. She struggled to pick the best from these two. I had the whitebait followed by John Dory in boullabaise with roasted fennel. Of these two the whitebait with duck egg was the standout! I would come back for that again for sure! Being Sydneysiders for a number of years & having dined in quite a few of Sydney top restaurants this one is at the top of our list!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

An iconic waterfront restaurant in the heart of Rose Bay. Food is very good, for the price point, if the dishes were marginally better value I would say excellent, mains range from $35 (risotto) up to $100 for the signature pig suckling. The wine list is excellent and many of the mid price point wines are great value.

Staff are attentive and polite and do not over pester. Great spot for a special lunch or dinner and better for couples than families.

Try and book in advance and see if you can reserve a table by the windows.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Recently 10 of us went to Catalina for a birthday dinner. This restaurant, right on the harbour foreshore at Rose Bay, has been in the same place for many years - perfect. Food is fairly expensive but beautifully cooked. I shared an entree of whitebait which was the best I've ever tasted. The toothfish to follow was stunning. I agree with previous reviewers, the champagne jelly was great.The service is first class, efficient AND friendly. We hadn't been there for a while but are now going back next week. Yum! Oh I forgot the view, lapping water, passing boats, moonlight on the harbour. It was tough.