“Too far from the train station”

Mercure Sydney Parramatta
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Reviewed 28 December 2013

If you do not have a car, this hotel is not the best choice for you. Too far from the Parramatta station, it takes about 16 mins to walk. There are public buses but they finish early in the evening. Good part: Woolworth supermarket - just in front of you.

There were 2 disappointments for me. I often stay at Accor hotel properties but this is the only place that they charged me for (1) the public internet facility at the reception (2) credit card surcharge when I checked out and paid. I did not want to discuss about couple of dollars so did not say anything, but the receptionists should have mentioned regarding the surcharge or they should have a sign at the counter as a courtesy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B747-400
ManagerParramatta, Assistant Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear B747-400

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, I agree that the hotel is far from parramatta train station, however that is the reason we offer complimentary carparking, and our staff are well versed on all public transport options in the area.

I apologise that our staff did not inform you on the credit card surcharge, it is part of their procedure to do so, in case you wish to change your method of payment on check-out, we do in fact have a sign on the front desk advising guests of the surcharge, as is the standard of all Accor hotels.

I am glad that all other aspects of your stay were enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you back the Mercure Parramatta

Reviewed 24 December 2013

This is a nice hotel, well maintained. Would rate it slightly higher than good as it's quite well appointed, the staff are friendly and the restaurant and bar are quite good. Pool and spa are nice and big and rooms are clean.
Wake up for room cleaning at 0815 rather unusual and a staff member walking straight into my room while I was in there (maintenance staff of done sort) was additionally rather strange. He did knock I guess and only opened the door, so.....no, still strange.
Ferry and river area about a 15 min. Walk away is very nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
ManagerParramatta, Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Tryne

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, I have followed up in regards to the staff member knocking and entering your room at the early time of 8:15, and I apologise that this happened and the staff member in question has been spoken to.

Thank you for sharing your concerns and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next stay.

An Accor traveller
Orange, Australia
Reviewed 20 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 December 2013

air conditioning was not working in room the fan was running but the air was not cold even when we set it at 18 degrees. without a window to open the room was so hot is was hard to sleep. the bathroom had no ventilation fan so it fogged up and made the room even hotter.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Mel H

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, I am concerned about the issues you faced on the air conditioning, please rest assured that if our guests find something that is not working properly in the rooms, a quick phone call to reception will generally sort out any issues, I apologise if you thought you had to put up with a faulty air conditioning unit during your stay.

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us and I hope you will let us serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute booking so hubby could go to the V8 Supercars. Hotel had organised a private shuttle for $20 return. Hotel is located about 20min walk to the rivercat station which takes you at a leisurely pace all the way to circular quay. We had a privilege queen room - appeared to have been recently refurbished, good size room, surprisingly own nespresso coffee machine. The staff - Geoff, Elise and Chantalle in particular- were exceptionally friendly but also efficient, helping me with ferry timetables, directions to Westfield Parramatta and special requests for my meals. We dined in the restaurant 2 times and used room service once - good standard and price. Directly across the road is a woolworths supermarket and all major fast food outlets. Buses run regular stopping right out front.
I would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013
ManagerParramatta, Assistant Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear ralph2288,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Sydney Parramatta on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with Geoff, Elise and Chantell in our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as encouragement to the rest of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next stay.

Warm regards,

Fiona McLoughlin

Reviewed 10 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ManagerParramatta, Assistant Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Reviewed 27 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ManagerParramatta, Assistant Manager at Mercure Sydney Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
Rydges Parramatta
Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta
Holiday Inn Parramatta
Holiday Inn Parramatta
#6 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to Mercure Sydney Parramatta? Share your experiences!