APX Apartments Parramatta
US$143
Mercure Sydney Parramatta(Rosehill)(Great Value!)
US$113
Mercure
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Parramatta Apartment Hotel(Rosehill)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$85
Mantra Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$95
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
US$84
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Restaurant
Meriton Suites Church Street, Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
US$81
PARKROYAL Parramatta(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$164
US$101
  • Restaurant
SKYE Hotel Suites(Parramatta)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$136
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenstay there againclose proximityenjoyed my staypleasant staytrain stationparramatta cbdpublic transportacross the roadrosehill racecourseunitsupermarketwashingrenovation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I rang and booked a 3 bedroom apartment approximately 6 weeks prior, as we were travelling to Sydney to see a concert (3 mums with our 4 daughters). At the time of booking I was told we could have a 3 bedroom (a double room, two rooms with two singles in each and a sofa bed). The price quoted was $369.00 for one night - although a little steep I booked it as it is difficult to find a place in the area to fit 7 people, and our daughters were excited about having a night in a "motel" together after the concert. A confirmation email was sent to me which I opened only to find that we had been booked into a 2 bedroom apartment for the same price as quoted for the 3 bedroom. I rang back immediately and advised of the mistake - and the fact they had booked us into a 2 bedroom, not the 3 bedroom as requested. The Quest employee acknowledged that they had made a mistake but could no longer offer the 3 bedroom as they were all booked out. As a compromise they offered to give us 2 x 2 bedroom apartments for the same price. I agreed to this on the condition that they were next to each other, as the girls (aged 8, 10, 13 and 16) wanted to be able to share - the whole point of us staying overnight. I was promised that the apartment were facing each other - directly across the hallway from each other. Although this was certainly not ideal, I accepted this offer. With great excitement we arrived at the Quest to check in. First, the receptionist wanted to know if I wanted to pay by credit card - I explained to her that they had already charged the room (plus an additional charge of $5.54 for using my credit card) to my credit card 2 days prior to our arrival at the apartments. Luckily I had checked my credit card online prior to arrival or I would have been charged twice. She then made me sign two pages of terms and conditions and I was required to provide my credit card again so they could charge $200.00 on my card (for a bond). We'll wait and see how long it take to get this money back. She then hands me a two keys and tells me we are in #42 and 54 and tells me 1 apartment is on ground level and the 2nd apartment is on level 3. I question her about the fact that I had booked 2 apartment opposite each other on the same floor. She apologises and tells me there is nothing she can do because they are completely booked out. BAD LUCK!!!! So with little alternative, 3 1/2 hours driving and only 1/2 hour until the start of the concert we take the keys, head to the ground floor apartment, throw our bags in and head to the concert. Imagine our amazement when we get back after the concert only to find the ground floor apartment is in fact a 3 bedroom ?????? So much for them all being booked out. Then we find we can't all stay in here as the sofa bed hasn't been made up and there is only bedding for 6 and reception is closed. So 1 of the mums and her 2 daughters decide to stay in the 3rd floor apartment, only to find it is also a 3 bedroom apartment. Quest don't appear to have ANY IDEA!!! So on check out the next morning I explain to a different receptionist that we had in fact been given 2 x 3 bedroom apartments and we only needed 1 if the sofa bed had been made up. She then says "Oh yes we gave you an upgrade" - I don't know who we was trying to convince. She then trist to charge me extra for a sofa bed. Sorry honey - not happening!!!! All that aside, the carpet was absolutely filthy with huge stains everywhere, there was mould all through the showers, no ceiling fans or windows in bathrooms, no drinking glasses in one of the apartments, all of the windows and glass doors wide open and the door unlocked when we arrived - despite it being the middle of winter and about 10 degrees outside. There is a dead bolt lock on the door that has been half removed so it doesn't work and a paltry little lock in its place, not even a safety chain on the door and notices that you'll be charged $100 if you lose your key. There are "locked" gates that are locked at 11 pm (which no one told us about) so we arrive back after the concert to find closed gates with a sign saying reception is closed and guests to use code to open them (they we were given no code). Luckily we pushed on gates and were able to physically force them open so we could get back in. Overall, this place was an absolute joke and they charge a bomb!!! I will never stay there again. We have previously stayed at Rydges which is about a block away and absolutely fantastic in comparison to this dump.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheGriswalls
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We stayed for 2 nights, and found it hard to sleep due to the extremely loud traffic noise from James Ruse Drive. The traffic did not stop all night. The noise was louder in the bedroom (upstairs) than in the living area, even though the windows were closed.
The room was clean but a bit tired looking, with frayed carpet, peeling paint and a very uncomfortable lounge.Had to go home for a good night's sleep after our relaxing "holiday"!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alison12345_11
qoddh, General Manager at APX Apartments Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at Quest Rosehill. We appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive so that we may improve on our guest’s experience.

Few of our apartments are alongside of James Ruse Drive and due to traffic these apartments are affected due to the traffic noise. However, in your next booking please advise reception to allocate an apartment further away from the James Ruse drive and we will try our best to accommodate your request.

I can assure you that we pride ourselves with our staff, service, presentation and cleanliness of our rooms for all guests. The management of Quest Rosehill takes every guest’s comments very seriously in order to improve on quality and standards. As a part of our check out policy, we also send an electronic survey to our guests so that we can know about their stay and resolve issues (if any) in timely manner. Nevertheless, your comments have helped us in our quest to maintain high level of standards at all time and I thank you for that.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you be planning a return stay, so we might have another opportunity to welcome your return to Quest Rosehill.

Reviewed 4 June 2011

On arrival they took our credit card and stated that they would withdraw $200 which, would be credited back to our account within 3 working days - !!!!!!!! why wasn't this stated on their advertisement?

Very disgusted with the furnishing - absolutely filthy
Carpets had drinks stains all over
Single arm chair covered in stains
dining room chairs had cigarette burns in fabric seating (non-amoking room)
shower curtain filthy

DON'T GO THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kiarrah

I would to mention the fact that the $200 pre-authorization on your credit card was not a charge but a hold of $200 on your credit card as a security of room against your stay. The pre-authorization gets realized in 3-5 business day depending upon your bank policies. This is a standard practice in all hotels across Australia and we do mention it on all websites under our property description and check-in policy.

Also, I would like to inform you that currently we are conducting major refurbishment of our apartments. This includes painting, carpeting, curtains, replacement of kitchen bench tops and I bathroom vanity. This is fairly time consuming process and we are completing one apartment at a time. I am happy to advise you that we have already finished quite a few apartments with the refurbishment work. Also, until we finish the recarpeting in all apartments, we are getting our carpet steam cleaned once every quarter to ensure clean and tidy accommodation for our guests

Reviewed 23 May 2011

We have stayed at Quest apartments a number of times and have always been pleased but not this time. When we entered the room there was food crumbs on the dining and coffee tables, the carpet was badly stained and the walls had lots of marks. The curtains were filthy and the shower curtain was black with mould. As there was no heating in the bedrooms and it was cold, we had to use the spare blankets which were also dirty. When we complained to the desk clerk the next morning they changed the shower curtain and also " changed" the blankets but the replacement ones were equally grubby.

We would not have stayed for the 3 nights but needed a walk in shower for our elderly mother and had difficulty locating one in that area. We were disgusted that a Quest would present rooms that were so poor. The Manager gave us a reduced rate after our complaints on checkout but that really did not make us feel comfortable during our stay.

Just not good enough in the competitive hotel market. Stay somehwere else!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank oztravellers1

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your stay at Quest Rosehill. We appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive so that we may improve on our guest’s experience. I am disappointed to know that this instance that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay, due to the reasons that you have listed, and for this please accept my sincerest apologies.

I can assure you that we pride ourselves with our staff, service, presentation and cleanliness of our rooms for all guests and I can assure you that a full investigation has been carried out to insure this does not happen again. We have also changed our housekeeping supervisor in order to improve on housekeeping quality standards. Your comments have helped us in our quest to maintain high level of standards at all time and I thank you for that.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to restore your confidence with us at Quest Rosehill sometime in the near future. Thank you once again for taking the time to give your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you at Quest Rosehill again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2011

The room smelt stale when I arrived at 8pm, it took the staff awhile to locate the window keys to get fresh air. Everything in the room was stained, the carpet, the chairs. Light fitting covers were missing, the bathroom tiles needed a good scrub & the walls desperately needed painting.
The AC did not reach to the mezzanine bedroom, so it was hot & uncomfortable and noisy from traffic with the window open. The bathroom is downstairs as is the TV so its all very inconvenient. My gripe is with the quality of the Quest experience the staff were pleasant & helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business