“Great!”

APX Apartments Parramatta
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Reviewed 27 December 2011

The reception was very friendly.
The rooms are very spacious, comfortable and was clean.
I can not believe that the poor ratings opinions.
I'm want to stay next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ENJOY111

Reviewed 19 December 2011

We found this place great for our family of five. It was more spacious than I expected. Kitchen was well stocked. Short walk to river and ferry, close to shops, supermarket, takeaway, etc. We didn't have any of the mould, dirt problems others have written about. Parking is tight but we managed to get our 4WD in there ok. Staff quite helpful and gave good directions.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MargaretL11
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I had previously stayed here twice on business so thought it was an ideal choice for our family of five.
Our room was a great size, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, laundry, lounge/dining.
It appears that management have made an effort with the decor - but it looks like they ran out of money to complete the refurbishment. I was glad to not have toddlers or babies any more as it would have been hard to keep them off the dirty carpets. They have made an effort to cover up problems in the bathroom with copious amounts of silicone around the edges.
Our kitchen was clean and did not have the problems that others appear to have had. We all slept well, and noise was not a problem.
One problem we did have was the small parking spaces in the undercover carpark. We have a large vehicle and we really had a tight squeeze to fit into a spot safely without risking damage to either our own or other vehicles.
Overall, we would probably stay again but only for a night or two; I would not recommend it to people with small children. Replace the carpets and redo the bathrooms and I will recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Moretravel68
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I have stayed at the Quest Rosehill two years in a row for the Big Day Out festival (2010 and 2011). My stay in 2010 was fine, I booked a 2 bedroom apartment but received 2 x one bedroom apartments. This was fine as the rooms were great!, double storey and clean. The only problem i had was they could not tell me what room i was in when I checked in and they told me I needed to call at 11pm to get my room numbers and my security code for the after hours key box. This was very inconvenient especially because the Big Day Out has no service and I had to run around for an hour to call them!.

My stay in 2011 was abit different again. I did not have any dramas with the key as such, they gave me the security code when I checked in and everything was fine. Although when I got to my room I did not receive the same cleanliness and appeal as the 2010 room. This room was dirty, stains all over the carpet, the bathroom was a disabled bathroom and did not have a proper shower (we had a dodgy show curtain where the water ran all over the bathroom). Was not impressed by this room at all.

So I have had a mixed response and I am looking at booking accommodation for 2012 Big Day Out.

The prices are very reasonable but I hope that if I do book with the Quest Rosehill for 2012 I get the same quality of room in 2010 and the same quality of service of 2011.

Its a lucky dip!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We came to rosehill for the races and needed somewhere close to stay I should have checked trip advisor before I booked as I would have gone with my original idea of waldorff apartments. Carpets are putrid, there's mould on the bathroom tiles, the laminex on the kitchen benches is heat bubbled and peeling off, the hot plates are brown from age and the sofas are so old that they are sunken in the centre. Great news when I wanted to get a coffee this morning, only decaf so I rang housekeeping - I think I was diverted to Mumbai given I could not understand him and was told I had to wait until 8.30am for housekeeping to open - oh well mcdonalds is over the road, I just went there instead! Never again and quest do yourself a favor and spend some $$$ on fixing this place up it's passed its use by date.

Room Tip: There are no best rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TraceyAdam123
qoddh, General Manager at APX Apartments Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay at Quest Rosehill. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive, so that we may improve on our guest’s experience. I am disappointed to know that this instance that we failed to meet your expectations during your stay, due to the reasons that you have listed, and for this please accept my sincerest apologies.

I would like to inform you that currently we are conducting major refurbishment of our apartments. This includes painting, carpeting, curtains, replacement of kitchen bench tops and I bathroom vanity. This is fairly time consuming process and we are completing one apartment at a time. I am happy to advise you that we have already finished quite a few apartments with the refurbishment work. Also, until we finish the recarpeting in all apartments, we are getting our carpet steam cleaned once every quarter to ensure clean and tidy accommodation for our guests.

Your comment regarding lounge cannot be verified as we didn’t find any guest profile in our system matching with your trip advisor id.

I can assure you that we pride ourselves with our staff, service, presentation and cleanliness of our rooms for all guests. The management of Quest Rosehill takes every guest’s comments very seriously in order to improve on quality and standards. As a part of our check out policy, we also send an electronic survey to our guests so that we can know about their stay and resolve issues (if any) in timely manner. Nevertheless, your comments have helped us in our quest to maintain high level of standards at all time and I thank you for that.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to restore your confidence with us at Quest Rosehill sometime in the near future. Thank you once again for taking the time to give your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you at Quest Rosehill again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed at the Quest Rosehill for the first time recently. Previously, we had always stayed at another hotel Rydges when in Parramatta but this time we thought we would give another hotel a try. I booked at Quest Rosehill but I was bit nervous as this hotel did not have good reviews on trip advisor.

I was surprised when I walked into my room. The room was huge, pleasant, clean and comfortable. The Room looked like recently painted and new curtains (I guess), LCD TV, lounge and mattress were very comfortable.

The best thing about this hotel is the location. We were literally a 1 minute walk around the corner to Rosehill garden racecourse and train station. It was a less than 15 minute walk to Westfield shopping mall and about a 10 minute walk to the river and the ferry.

From a staff perspective, while there were very minor issues in our apartment like we did not know how to turn on the A/C, this was quickly resolved and done most pleasantly.

The staff very professional and helpful from start to end. We will stay here again the next time we are in western Sydney and recommend this to property to all.

-John P.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at Quest Rosehill. We appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive so that we may improve on our guest’s experience and it is pleasing to know that we were able to meet your requests and please your needs.

We strive for consistency and overall guest satisfaction throughout all of our properties and it is of great delight to me to hear of your feedback. Our team do try very hard to please all guests and it is great to know that we have achieved this. I will pass your feedback to our team which will boost their moral.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you be planning a return stay to Sydney, so we might have another opportunity to welcome your return to Quest Rosehill.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

Stayed here as part of a large group as our friends were getting married. Wen had about 10 rooms booked. All seemed ok until we returned from the wedding to find jewelry had been stolen from inside our suitcase (not left out for the world to see), the brides iPad stolen and another unrelated room had cash stolen from their suitcase (again not out on show).

The night manager (only contactable by phone) was not very interested and asked that we deal with it in the morning, not at midnight and hung up on the groom. We went and reported it all to the police.

Unfortunately there is very poor security on premise and no CCTV to show entry to the rooms so it was hard to prove anything, however do not feel all the staff are/were 100% honest. Maybe a small minority spoiling it for the lot?

My disappointment was made worse when management (further up the chain) were not overly helpful and seemed to just go through the motions. No compensation of any type to any of the victims was offered, remember 3 different people had lost jewelry, iPad and cash.

I am still waiting (5 months later) for a final police report but unfortunately I dont think it will reveal anything. I have still to this day never received a follow up call in regards to this matter. Maybe they will read this review?

As for the rooms etc, room was clean and plenty of space. Located nice and close to the racecourse which was handy for us.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pokolbinguy

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at Quest Rosehill. I am disappointed to know that you lost your jewellery and other items during you stay at the property.

I would like to mention the fact that Quest Rosehill does have 24 CCTV security system installed at different locations inside the property. It is not possible for us to install a security camera in front of all apartment doors to monitor the movements of people coming in/out of a particular apartment. It is responsibility of guest to make sure they keep their personal belongings safe and lock the doors when they are going out from their apartment while staying at the property.

Once the matter is under Police investigation, Quest Rosehill can only provide all necessary details to Police and help them in the investigation which was exactly what we have done in this case. Also, I would like to mention that our housekeeping staff are very honest and been with us since last 4 years. In addition, the housekeeping staff room and staff’s belongings are under 24 hours surveillance.

Quest Rosehill suggests you to claim the loss of jewellery via your travel insurance.

I have that you view this incident as isolated event we will the opportunity to restore your confidence with us at Quest Rosehill sometime in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
Waldorf Parramatta Apartment Hotel
Meriton Suites George Street, Parramatta
Holiday Inn Parramatta
Holiday Inn Parramatta
#6 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to APX Apartments Parramatta? Share your experiences!