“OK quality apartment - some technical issues”

APX Apartments Parramatta
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Rosehill
Melbourne
“OK quality apartment - some technical issues”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have stayed at these apartments before so I knew what to expect. Whilst the decor could do with a bit of an upgrade the apartments Ive stayed in here are a decent size and our 2 bedroom also had 2 bathrooms which was very handy. Fortunately we were given an apartment away from the main road so it was fairly quiet. On the downside they charge for everything. $20 on site parking per night. Dont be ripped off. You can park on the side street for free and there's plenty of street parking! They also charge unnecessarily for internet.

Whilst there I was also the victim of a power surge that short circuited my laptop due to the aircon and dishwasher simultaneously. The Manager came and reset the power and was completely aware this was an existing issue however came reset the power quickly. They dont seem to be phased by it!

Good Points:
- Reasonable sized apartments with 3.5 star decor
- Great shower pressure
- Basic cooking facilities
- Beds were comfortable

Bad Points
- Overcharge for extras.
- Starting to look rundown and needs a reno.
- Slightly overpriced for what you get and the location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Nick T, Manager at APX Apartments Parramatta, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear Alacazam,

Thank you for choosing the Quest Rosehill for your stay in May this year and taking your valuable time in providing us with your feedback.

Contents of your feedback were noted and we have had a closer look at the areas that were highlighted in your comments. Additional charges for car parking and internet are chargeable due to the rent charged by the service providers and those are the best possible rates that we could come up with considering value for money for our guests.

Our vision is to consistently exceed guest expectations through excellence, value, constant innovation and care. We value your comments as this provides us with an opportunity to improve our products and services constantly and improve upon overall guest experience at our property.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Quest Rosehill in the near future.

~The Team at Quest Rosehill~

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Orange, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Very easy to get to, clean, well appointed if you want to look after yourselves. Shops very close. Very comfortable.nice lounge, upstairs bedroom with excellent cupboards. Laundry and bathroom plus dishwasher - security parking, nice sunny out door areas. very close to the races,a good find.yet again however no free Internet.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lowlybard
Nick T, Manager at APX Apartments Parramatta, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you for selecting to stay at Quest Rosehill and taking the time to provide us with your feedback pertaining to your stay.
Our vision is to consistently exceed guest expectations through excellence, value, constant innovation and care. We value your comments greatly as this provides us with opportunity to improve our products and services constantly and improve upon overall guest experience at our property.
We are delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared the same with all our team members. Positive comments such yours are also huge motivational factor for the team who strive hard to please our valued guest.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Quest Rosehill.
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Cleanliness of the place was fine. My issue is that the walls and the ceiling are so very paper thin, which for an establishment next to a busy road is unacceptable! I could hear everything else going on in my apartment. I could hear people walking upstairs (I was on the ground floor), and I could easily hear all the people talking loudly outside! I write this from my bed as one man has been talking loudly on his phone on his balcony for an hour now, and before that people were talking, not even loudly, but I could still hear everything. When I first noticed it I thought my window was open but it turned out it was actually shut, there is just no soundproofing here!
This is especially disappointing for someone who regularly has trouble sleeping. I have stayed at many hotels situated in busy precincts or on busy roads and all have had much better soundproofing than this.
Oh - and what's with the lack of power outlets????

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The apartment was not cleaned from previous tenants stay, there was leftover foods in the refrigerator, cereal boxes on the kitchen bench, and empty bottles on the floor. It did not look like it was vacuumed properly and top bed sheet in main bedroom had dirt marks on it. As it was a last minute booking for an international visitor I would hesitate to think of using this place again if that is the standard rooms are left in.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AndrewSkal

Travellers are raving about these Rosehill hotels

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed overnight due to business in the area.

Booking - booked directly on Quest site with no problems (Quest always delivers in this respect and in my experience).

Check in - Fairly seemless, although my 'welcome pack' had me in a different room to that which I had been allocated (but no problem).

Parking - Paid $10 to park on site - underground carpark, similar in style to a shopping centre. There were plenty of parking spots in the street (free) outside of the Quest, and if staying again I'd not bother taking up the pay option (I used to live in the area and it's not a security risk to park in the street - I only chose pay parking as I wasn't sure if there would be any spots).

Room - very large room on two levels (balcony upstairs for bedroom) in a 'horse stables design' (obviously inspired by the race course across the road). My room was very hot and very dark (for such a large room there is only one window at ground level - which looked into a court yard of a neighbouring unit). There are some windows high up in the ceiling above the bedroom, although you can't see out of them. The aircon, which is positioned down low, doesn't have a great deal of impact (except a marginal impact when on full, which makes it difficult to sleep due to the noise). Opening the windows above the bedroom does let out the heat but also lets in the tariff noise from the busy road outside (and it is a very busy road with traffic all night). In short, sleep is hard to come by!

Downstairs the room has a kitchen, which appeared adequately equipped. The bathroom, accessed through a laundry, was a little 'tired'. A little mould, probably facilitated by the lack of ventilation. An added touch, and one I often see whilst travelling for business, was hair stuck on the bathroom wall (how/why do people do this, and why doesn't house keeping deal with such an obvious bathroom horror?).

Check out - no problem.

I stay often in Quest hotels - the Quest Rosehill is not terrible, but it's the worst of the chain I've stayed in.

Room Tip: Park in the street for free. Avoid rooms facing the road. If the weather is hot, you may want...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Great location close to the Flemington markets, right in the centre of the Olympic park so lots of venue to visit.
Very new and shiny large room, off street parking for a fee of course but, for security worth it
The front staff member that serve us could do with some customer service training however the second staff member on duty made up for the other and I think she knew she had to.
A little pricey for outer Sydney

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 2mumies
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Quest Rosehill.
Reviewed 14 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 weeks at the beginning of year. The apartment was spacious but very basic and fairly clean, but I found it really dark and then very hot if you opened the curtains on the mezzanine level. The check in staff were helpful and friendly. However, the apartment was very hot with the a/c only on the lower levels and therefore it got quite uncomfortable on mezzanine level, where the bedroom was. The location is great if you have a car as the apartments are very close to the main road, however it was quite a walk to the train and ferry in parramatta, or any of the many restaurants in the area. The pool was fairly clean, although very small. The Internet was a disappointment as it was so expensive to connect and then you could only connect one device and couldn't switch between a laptop and iPad (for example).

Overall this wasn't particularly cheap and for the money, there are better places to stay in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Ram N, Manager at APX Apartments Parramatta, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear Mr. Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at Quest Rosehill. We appreciate all feedback both positive and constructive so that we may improve on our guest’s experience and it is pleasing to know that we were able to meet your requests and please your needs.

We strive for consistency and overall guest satisfaction throughout all of our properties and it is of great delight to me to hear of your feedback. Our team do try very hard to please all guests and it is great to know that we have achieved this. I will pass your feedback to the team which will boost their moral.

Thank you again for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you be planning a return stay to Sydney, so we might have another opportunity to welcome your return to Quest Rosehill.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosehill
Parramatta Waldorf Apartment Hotel
Meriton Serviced Apartments Church Street, Parramatta
PARKROYAL Parramatta
PARKROYAL Parramatta
#3 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to APX Apartments Parramatta? Share your experiences!